Hot Toys MMS 141 - Platoon - Sergeant Barnes official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like Taylor has longer sleeves. Not sure if it's just certain pics or they're just shorter on Barnes. I may just have to play with the pose for a while until I can disguise the joints if nothing else. It looks like Barnes helmet fits better than Taylor's. Could be pics playing tricks again though.

better run thru the jungle...........better run thru the jungle.......
SS1-6.jpg

SS2-6.jpg

SS3-5.jpg

SS4-5.jpg

Well i just got the chance to open the box and unassemble this figure(i do that with most of my figures:dunno) and the body is a new type and even different than Taylors body.The neck socket is smaller so it joins the neck better and the traps are exaggerated more than even the muscle bodies.The biceps have a very cheap feel to them and even the seam stands out more but it still a good body and IMO i wished the narrow that they released came out like this.Also,the boots are connected with ankle pegs and not feet just like Taylor.The boot has the bottom part sculpted with the top part as fabric to allow mobility,which they work great,but there's no foot inside.Barnes doesn't come with alot of accessories like Taylor but he didn't have that much in the movie either.Hot Toys also went the cheap route with the .45 cause it's a solid sculpt with only the magazine being removeable and all the other small detail that we've come to love from Hot Toys is out the window.All and all it's still an AWESOME figure and i can't wait for them to release Elias!:yess:Before i forget Barnes dog tags are actually Elias dog tags so i wonder if that's Hot Toys way of hinting towards the next figure.:pray:I posted some PICS. but of only him w/o his gear cause i still haven't finished putting him together.:wink1:

I picked this figure up earlier today. Been workin' on him throughout the day; gave him a little more height so that he'd be taller than Taylor. I also threw on the Toy Soldier M69 vest I had laying around.

Some quick pics . . . still a work in progress . . . . . .

armchair-soldier-albums-misc-1-6-picture111-military-figures-001.jpg
armchair-soldier-albums-misc-1-6-picture112-military-figures-002.jpg

armchair-soldier-albums-misc-1-6-picture114-military-figures-004.jpg

I picked this guy up today from Toys2, another wonderful addition to my collection. Just need to make time to assemble both Taylor and Barnes sometime soon.

All right. Some updated pics. Still workin' on him. I threw on a half-@$$ pack of smokes that I bashed. I'll replace them as soon as I pick up some legit lookin' ones . . . . . .

Military_Figures_0131.jpg
Military_Figures_0101.jpg

Military_Figures_0061.jpg
Military_Figures_0081.jpg

Military_Figures_0091.jpg
Military_Figures_0161.jpg

Added some extensions to the ankle to give this figure some added height. Now, Barnes towers over Taylor (just a bit).

Military_Figures_0141.jpg
Military_Figures_0211.jpg

flak vest looks sweet................:rock

damn i need one...............:gah:

The helmets seem to be sitting nicely on your Platoons. Is that straight out of the box or did you need to do something? I ask because it seems like some folks have the helmets sitting really high on the head.

Added some extensions to the ankle to give this figure some added height. Now, Barnes towers over Taylor (just a bit).

Military_Figures_0141.jpg
Military_Figures_0211.jpg

Great job on this. Love the Flak Vest on him and I just ordered a pack of Marlboro cigarettes. Where did you get the vest from? Ive tried eBay.

Back