Hot Toys MMS 141 - Platoon - Sergeant Barnes official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris Taylor can till be found at retail therefore, IMO it isn't a popular license. May have some impact on their decision to make other figures. Again just an observation, I have no idea what HT considers a successful release.

Too early to tell. Taylor's been out what, 3 months at the most ? I've seen IM for at least 6 months in stores, if not more. Hell I got an IM MKI almost a year after release at Toys2.

I personally could care less about what is or is not "popular." If HT offers more figures from Platoon, I will purchase. Given the price for Taylor and the PO prices for Barnes, they are bargains IMHO, given the recent prices of other licenses.

Chris Taylor can till be found at retail therefore, IMO it isn't a popular license. May have some impact on their decision to make other figures. Again just an observation, I have no idea what HT considers a successful release.

Could be a sleeper? I remember RPD Leon was rotting on Sideshow's website and like overnight was suddenly fetching $600 on ebay. :lol

i'll be pissed if they bring out taylor and barnes, and not elias.

let watchmen be a one-off, HT. let's not live through the pain of that again. sniff sniff.

I personally could care less about what is or is not "popular." If HT offers more figures from Platoon, I will purchase. Given the price for Taylor and the PO prices for Barnes, they are bargains IMHO, given the recent prices of other licenses.

...:gah:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uCUsPnKD1gk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I returned my Chris Taylor to sideswhow and cancelled my Barnes PO. The BROWN uniform was unexcuseable and looked NOTHING like the production pics and was totally film innaccurate! The Helmet, pouches and boots were green but the OD Fatigues were anything but OLIVE DRAB

I returned my Chris Taylor to sideswhow and cancelled my Barnes PO. The BROWN uniform was unexcuseable and looked NOTHING like the production pics and was totally film innaccurate! The Helmet, pouches and boots were green but the OD Fatigues were anything but OLIVE DRAB

I have my father's vietnam fatigues and they are brown from discoloration, most likely from mud?

But yea you start to mix mud and blood and sweat, well hell, look at McClane's undershirt in Die Hard, it goes from white, to red, to brown, to green.

Both of these are "Olve Drab"

OD1.jpg

OD2.gif

I don't know mine is olive drab the last time i checked.Maybe you got yourself one of those special Hot Toys QC limited edition figures?:wink1:

I really thought that fig looked great, thanks for the heads up, I still may get it. On the fig not being film accurate, what do you expect for a mass produced $135 figure. It's not museum quality. If you want 100% film accurate you're going too have too pay $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. For the price point it's very accurate.

GO HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The figure is pretty much perfect as it is. I don't know what people are expecting more :dunno

So any update on this figure's release? I'm starting to get really impatient. The likeness is amazing.

It still is undetermined whether or not the figure is going to have bangs or not. Until then, I'm also getting impatient in regards to the release of this figure.

Yeah I'm looking forward to this one, the headsculpt is possibly the best I've seen from HT. Its just unmistakeable - sure the scars have something to do with that but even so.

Barnes and Elias are really the main reason I commited to this line by buying Taylor. Taylor is indeed a good figure n' all but without the other two he's really a spare prick in my collection, not really going with anything else I have.

Plus I'm waiting on Barnes to receive my Falconer Predator and Barney Ross too.

Back