Hot Toys: MMS 139 Resident Evil: Afterlife: 1/6th scale Alice Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't give up on the Figure, and HT. :monkey2

I wish this figure had more support.... :dunno

the new pics aren't ____ty, i think it's just a completely different sculpt.

shame since the one in HTs original pics were far superior.

Hope it turns out the best for all those who ordered! :)

Must....not....complain...before....seeing....it....in....hand.

It's so hard not to. I don't think it's just a paint problem. That sculpt looks completely diffferent.

attachment.php

It's just night and day when looking at that picture. If the sculpt on the left is the one being released I sadly will cancel. The one on the right is clearly more Milla, easy. Not even a competition in my eyes. I still have faith though.

WOW, what a change for the worse, if i had this on order i'd highly re-consider :horror

I will probably keep my order until I see some more in hand pictures. Or I will get it delivered and if it isn't up to par I will just return it.

Ok lets see...

You can compare every single prototype picture showed previosly, from past fairs, (good ones, bad ones, different angles, blurry, different lighting condition, lens, distance,,), and everybody can say clearly that it's the same figure and Headsculpt.

However, every single picture posted a few days ago ( toy hunters display, STCGG) look completely different from the prototype sculpt (good ones, bad ones, different angles, blurry, different lighting condition, lens, distance,,)... but in this case she ALWAYS looks different from the prototype due a bad angle ¿¿¿¿????.. funny ... :cuckoo:

Not to mention the most relevant thing:
Everyone who has seen her in person recently in HK said that HT have changed the sculpt, and confirms its different from the previous one showed at the same toy hunters display.
:slap

What else you need?? An official HT statement saying they have changed the headsculpt?? :dunno

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Ok lets see...

You can compare every single prototype picture showed previosly, from past fairs, (good ones, bad ones, different angles, blurry, different lighting condition, lens, distance,,), and everybody can say clearly that it's the same prototype..

However, every single picture posted a few days ago ( toy hunters display, STCGG) look completely different from the prototype sculpt (good ones, bad ones, different angles, blurry, different lighting condition, lens, distance,,)... but in this case she ALWAYS looks different from the prototype due a bad angle ¿¿¿¿????.. funny ... :cuckoo:

Not to mention the most relevant thing:
Everyone who has seen her in person recently in HK said that HT have changed the sculpt, and confirms its different from the previous one showed at the same toy hunters display.
:slap

What else you need?? An official HT statement saying they have changed the headsculpt?? :dunno

Spoiler Spoiler:

Are you just talking to yourself now?

I will probably keep my order until I see some more in hand pictures. Or I will get it delivered and if it isn't up to par I will just return it.

I'm going to do the same. I really want this figure to be successful to maybe see more from this line or horror but HT are just dragging it through the mud with this new sculpt. It's a shame one of the first horror type offerings they give us is going to take a hit sales wise because of this. :(

I'm going to do the same. I really want this figure to be successful to maybe see more from this line or horror but HT are just dragging it through the mud with this new sculpt. It's a shame one of the first horror type offerings they give us is going to take a hit sales wise because of this. :(

If I were you guys, I would keep the Alice PO, at least, until see the final and in hand pictures when it is released in hongkong.

I always do the same, I NEVER have PO anything until be previously released in HK, and see these final "in hand" pictures.. however, I never miss a single figure and PO until now :wink1:

From all the pics we've seen, it clearly looks like a different sculpt, and up to now, not a better sculpt at that.
Very sad and disconcerting, I don't think HT have ever tweaked a sculpt for the worse.
Only time and in-hand pics of the final production figure will tell. I'm keeping my pre-order, no need to rush and cancel anything. After all, it's not ike this sculpt is worse than Bros. Productions' Alice...

If I had to guess I'd say they were advised by the license holder to soften the face and make it more feminine. Maybe Milla, her reps, or..whoever approves these things...weren't happy that they got so much of the character of her face in there.
I still think it's immediately recognizable and I'm still getting it.

If I had to guess I'd say they were advised by the license holder to soften the face and make it more feminine. Maybe Milla, her reps, or..whoever approves these things...weren't happy that they got so much of the character of her face in there.
I still think it's immediately recognizable and I'm still getting it.

Yes, but one thing is having the Licensor aproval (Movie and character) and other very different is having the Image rights of Milla Jovovich. :lecture (Do you guys remember what happened with Alien nostromo figures or Billy from predator? :/)

As I said before I have a "possible" assumption of this change for the worse:

HT does'nt have or they did'nt got Milla's Image Rights finally.. and they had to tweak the prototype HS or doing another new HS to worse and less recognizable (less Milla's likeness) for that reason...(Though honestly I would like to be completely wrong :monkey1)

Here Some 2010 "Surgeon Alice exclusive edition" pictures taken at toy fairs..:/

bhfht_004.jpg

images

Last edited:
Still reserving judgment til we get in hand pics.
Glad to see the new clear shot of the new sculpt is much better than the crappy phone pics originally posted. But much like everyone, I do prefer the first proto. The new one is certainly not bad at all. It's just in comparison, the one on pg 1 is better.

I still want this figure though so hopefully in hand pics will do justice to this new sculpt.

Back