Hot Toys: MMS 139 Resident Evil: Afterlife: 1/6th scale Alice Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
677_hot+toys.jpg

678_hot+toys.jpg

That looks like Hot Toys circa 2007. It's so bad I'd swear they lost the likeness rights and had to make it unrecognizable.

It seems there are a lot of people split between whether or not this looks like Milla or not, but remember, nothing is final until it is released ;)

Im still gettin it, just disappointed they changed the proto, i actually really liked that one, but everyone is different. Some like this new one,others dont

I still do laugh that Milla on her Twitter bashed this figure :lol it's funny to know that she has a sense of humour about these things

It is indeed a different sculpt, better I dare say (always felt the prototype sculpt was a little to long face) but the paint apps it really sub-par. I hope this is not the final production paint job.

I am fine with the sculpt but not fine with the paintjob.

But I am quite surprised at the amount of negativity on this improved sculpt because few months back, so many was complaining about the sculpt.

Must....not....complain...before....seeing....it....in....hand.

It's so hard not to. I don't think it's just a paint problem. That sculpt looks completely diffferent.

attachment.php

It's just night and day when looking at that picture. If the sculpt on the left is the one being released I sadly will cancel. The one on the right is clearly more Milla, easy. Not even a competition in my eyes. I still have faith though.

Must....not....complain...before....seeing....it....in....hand.

It's so hard not to. I don't think it's just a paint problem. That sculpt looks completely diffferent.

attachment.php

It's just night and day when looking at that picture. If the sculpt on the left is the one being released I sadly will cancel. I still have faith though.

Not a good pic (left)... overall the pic is slightly squished.. making the face rounder/fatter... plenty of better ones from STGCC.

But still (to me) the previous sculpt is still more Milla than the new.

The few Malaysians and HK (At least 5 [of 5], that reported) that had seen the HS face to face, is of the opinion that is a less accurate Milla.

Last edited:
Not a good pic (left)... overall the pic is slightly squished.. making the face rounder/fatter... plenty of better ones from STGCC.

But still (to me) the previous sculpt is still more Milla than the new.

Granted it is a bad picture for sure, but compared to the old sculpt it fails hard IMO.

I have to retract my previous statement. I think it's the same sculpt but with mass production paintjob. Analyzing the pics above, Everything looks the same with the exception of the paintjob.

The new head do seem more in scale though (proto has an undersized head) so maybe that is throwing off people that it's a new HS.

I hope HT will improve on the paintjob for the final release.

I have to retract my previous statement. I think it's the same sculpt but with mass production paintjob. Analyzing the pics above, Everything looks the same with the exception of the paintjob.

The new head do seem more in scale though (proto has an undersized head) so maybe that is throwing off people that it's a new HS.

I hope HT will improve on the paintjob for the final release.

A "new" head that's bigger in size than the proto = A "new" HS sculpt.

p.s. Moulding/casting to produce sculpts will (usually) results in slightly smaller final product than the original.

The body is of the standard new TTF as released in 3 females so far (smaller size bust for Alice though)

Last edited:
A "new" head that's bigger in size than the proto = A "new" HS sculpt.

p.s. Moulding/casting to produce sculpts will (usually) results in slightly smaller final product than the original.

The body is of the standard new TTF as released in 3 females so far (smaller size bust for Alice though)

A bigger head from molding is not a new sculpt. Today, it is possible to adjust the size of the mold before they actually make the metal mold.

We are not talking about homemade casting here. We are talking about five figure metal mold that are digitally scanned from the prototype.

Even Neca 6-inch predator are originally sculpted in 1/6 scale. Then the mold are reduced in half for production. This is a fairly common practice.

For a sculpt to qualify as a new sculpt, they better be some significant changes and not in terms of size.

Back