Hot Toys: MMS 139 Resident Evil: Afterlife: 1/6th scale Alice Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted the Chicken Little video because of all the moaning about this being a different sculpt base on one bad blurry photo. Meaning those b#@%$ing about it were like Chicken Little. What that has to do with Superman, I don't know. I was at the SDCC and thought Superman looked great and never said different. :cuckoo:

:lol You misread the post. What I meant is exactly what you're saying. Some idiot posted a blurry pick and the Superman thread descended into chaos with all the trolls and panicky freaks screaming about the "new sculpt" looking even worse. Then videos came in from SDCC and the head, which was confirmed as still the proto, looked perfectly fine and complement ensued, praising the product. The complements came from everybody, including said idiot who'd posted the blurry pic in the beginning, but was acting like he'd never said anything negative about it. This thread, verbatim, is following that course so far with the ____ty pics and full blown panic set in claiming it's a different, worse, sculpt.

:lol You misread the post. What I meant is exactly what you're saying. Some idiot posted a blurry pick and the Superman thread descended into chaos with all the trolls and panicky freaks screaming about the "new sculpt" looking even worse. Then videos came in from SDCC and the head, which was confirmed as still the proto, looked perfectly fine and complement ensued, praising the product. The complements came from everybody, including said idiot who'd posted the blurry pic in the beginning, but was acting like he'd never said anything negative about it. This thread, verbatim, is following that course so far with the ____ty pics and full blown panic set in claiming it's a different, worse, sculpt.

:rotflOK, you meant the blurry photo was a 'chicken little' photo.

:rotflOK, you meant the blurry photo was a 'chicken little' photo.

picture.php

Then you're blind. Compare the two ____ty pics. The sculpt in the newest looks longer from forehead to jaw. Makes me wonder if the first one was photoshopped:

The older ____ty pic:
alice2nc.jpg

The "3 hours ago" ____ty pic:
2011-08-17_17-24-02_560-1.jpg

You don't see an elongating of the head between the pics? :dunno

something weird going on there
both pics have almost the same angle
everything else looks the same but the faces
I also have a feeling there may be some photoshop in the first
with all this talk I wanna see Chicken Little now

^Actually not just the head... but the whole height of the first blurry/high noice pic is compressed compared to the less blurry pic. Skewed pic aspect ratio.

The first pic was taken at a higher angled POV than the 2nd being more leveled to the fig.

Last edited:
yes the angle is not the same
but in pic 1 only the head and pretty much only that looks compressed
comparing pics from 2 different sources is not the best
however looking at the second pic,
its the same headsculpt we have been shown before

There are always some distortion due to camera lens, door front glasses and its lighting, particular from those cell phone photo. However, this "new" head definitely has stir up some discussion at many forum.

One possible guess would be the "original" one has been shipped to Singapore for the upcoming toy fair. The current one showing in HK could be one of the prototype since pictures from others have shown that Alice seems to have 2-3 different variants.

Form jo2joe post on toysdaily (https://toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-162957-20-1.html)

These are the photos from local media with figure provided by HT:
ZgxYpIt

These are the store display before the change, it seems to "merge" the above 2 heads (or may be it is the one on the left?), notice the hair style and the width of the face:
vh38mO6

This is what it looks like at HT HK shop display, it is not high quality pic but it is what it looks like now (a significantly wider face!?):
vQOz8Dk

Last edited:
There are always some distortion due to camera lens, door front glasses and its lighting, particular from those cell phone photo. However, this "new" head definitely has stir up some discussion at many forum.

One possible guess would be the "original" one has been shipped to Singapore for the upcoming toy fair. The current one showing in HK could be one of the prototype since pictures from others have shown that Alice seems to have 2-3 different variants.

But in those two crappy photos (I'm guessing taken of the window display at ToyHunters), the same figure, in the same pose, taken from the same angle of the same window, appears to have differently shaped heads. The "sharper" photo, which caused all the panic in this thread, appears to have been manipulated.

But in those two crappy photos (I'm guessing taken of the window display at ToyHunters), the same figure, in the same pose, taken from the same angle of the same window, appears to have differently shaped heads. The "sharper" photo, which caused all the panic in this thread, appears to have been manipulated.

Those 2 pictures are likely due to different photo conditions (like lighting and angle), not to mention the distortion of difference cell phone carmeras (!?). That is the reason why people pay premium for a high-end DSLR, to minimize those distortions.

Frankly, the Alice in those 2 pics you shown are both "ugly".

Many bros have been noticing the "head change" at local toy forum and have shown their concerns...

It is not uncommon for HT to change its prototype display many times before released. I still think that the "best" Alice has been shipped to Singapore for the toy fair.

Note: Prototype display may differ than the final product.

Those 2 pictures are likely due to different photo conditions (like lighting and angle), not to mention the distortion of difference cell phone carmeras (!?). That is the reason why people pay premium for a high-end DSLR, to minimize those distortions.

Many bros have been noticing the "head change" at local toy forum and have shown their concerns...

It is not uncommon for HT to change its prototype display many times before released. I still think that the "best" Alice has been shipped to Singapore for the toy fair.

I get that, but I haven't seen anything overall convincing that it's changed any. The manipulated photo, sure. But the photo taken yesterday, still looks like the prototype but in ____ty lighting. :huh

Form jo2joe post on toysdaily (https://toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-162957-20-1.html)

These are the photos from local media with figure provided by HT:
ZgxYpIt

These are the store display before the change, it seems to "merge" the above 2 heads (or may be it is the one on the left?), notice the hair style and the width of the face:
vh38mO6

This is what it looks like at HT HK shop display, it is not high quality pic but it is what it looks like now (a significantly wider face!?):
vQOz8Dk

Interesting pics and comparisons, thanks WM!
As always with HT, it's a matter of hoping for in-hand pics soon. And, more importantly, having the figure in your own hands soon! :D

The more I see it, the more convinced I am that the last pic in your quote has been shopped Abake. Look at it and compare it to the one from yesterday. Same exact pose but that pic looks different. :lol

Good, so it's you who's blind then. :lecture:lecture:lecture

Did you read watermelon explanation???,, I support that theory :wink1:

you're a stubborn man! :rotfl

And apply this to yourself:

Some people can't see the forest for the trees. :dunno:lol

:monkey3

Last edited:
Did you read watermelon explanation???,, I support that theory :wink1:

you're a stubborn man! :rotfl

And apply this to yourself:

:monkey3

I laugh my ass off because that theory is the same exact one we're using to say it's still the prototype headsculpt. But you chickenlittles are refusing to acknowledge that it's possible, while using the same excuse to defend the chickenlittling. Has nothing to do with being stubborn and everything to do with identifying the blatant hypocrisy. :cuckoo:

I laugh my ass off because that theory is the same exact one we're using to say it's still the prototype headsculpt. But you chickenlittles are refusing to acknowledge that it's possible, while using the same excuse to defend the chickenlittling. Has nothing to do with being stubborn and everything to do with identifying the blatant hypocrisy. :cuckoo:

Hipocrisy again??? :slap

Ok you win.. It's the same hadsculpt for all pictures, different, photoshoped or whatever you want ...I Stop arguing with someone who tangling things as he wants :slap

Anyways, I still support this, because that's what I was saying from the beginning:

Last edited:
I think what WM says makes a lot of sense.
There must be a few different prototype sculpts floating around and the latest/best gets taken to shows and expos, and in this case the sculpt that was on display at Toy Hunters has been replaced by a different prototype. That is also supported by the statements of Toy Hunters' personnel who said the sculpt on display was changed.
Granted, this is all hearsay for the majority of us not in HK, but it makes sense and supports what some of us see, i.e. that the sculpt is different.
That doesn't mean that is the sculpt we will get, so, again, we're left to wait for good in-hand pics of the actual production figure.

However, it does seem a bit over the top to photoshop a badly taken picture just to mess around with people on different fora... but stranger things have happened.

Still, I believe the sculpt on display was changed to a different prototype, but I'm not panicking and I'm not canceling my PO. Just curious to see the final production figure.

There must be a few different prototype sculpts floating around and the latest/best gets taken to shows and expos, and in this case the sculpt that was on display at Toy Hunters has been replaced by a different prototype. That is also supported by the statements of Toy Hunters' personnel who said the sculpt on display was changed.
Granted, this is all hearsay for the majority of us not in HK, but it makes sense and supports what some of us see, i.e. that the sculpt is different.

That doesn't mean that is the sculpt we will get, so, again, we're left to wait for good in-hand pics of the actual production figure.

However, it does seem a bit over the top to photoshop a badly taken picture just to mess around with people on different fora... but stranger things have happened.

Still, I believe the sculpt on display was changed to a different prototype, but I'm not panicking and I'm not canceling my PO. Just curious to see the final production figure.

:exactly:

Thats the same I said a few pages back aswell :wink1:

I don't think that's how it works. It's more like they pick one sculpt, it gets approved for "licensor approval" and then gets cast for the few prototype figures they use. All of the prototypes would have the same headsculpt. You guys should talk to some of the artists here who work for SSC. You'd get a better idea of how the process goes.

Back