Hot Toys - MMS 118 Inglourious Basterds - Aldo Raine Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love how people are calling him lame. These are same people who probably buy sideshow star wars with far less facial detail. This Is dead on brad Pitt. Can't say that about Hugh jacksman. Christian bale from batman downey Jr I haven't heard half the complaints. I showed someone a closeup of figure and they thought it was brad Pitt and not a toy!!!!

Love how people are calling him lame. These are same people who probably buy sideshow star wars with far less facial detail. This Is dead on brad Pitt. Can't say that about Hugh jacksman. Christian bale from batman downey Jr I haven't heard half the complaints. I showed someone a closeup of figure and they thought it was brad Pitt and not a toy!!!!

For many its not the quality of the sculpt, but the expression.

EDIT: Also, since the time of the release of the Bale Bruce Wayne and even first RDJ sculpt, hot toys have improved by leaps and bounds. As for the wolverine figure, to me, although the likeness isnt quite there, it still catches the essence of the character. Just my opinion though :peace

I would like to know if the figure has some teeth, when you look at the prototype pictures, you´ll see some teeth. I hope HT did this detail on the final figure

well ive seen these up close before but there was no teeth if you know what l mean.lol

I've said it before but it's relevant enough. Not the most popular facial expression and there's several HT could/should have used. BUT...

I love this movie, and the sculpt is still awesome. Now that I can abide. And BBTS will get me my Aldo shipped to them from Hot Toys. Or they will die tryin'.

The quality of the sculpt is undeniable. It's just that the expression doesn't give the same "oomph", which is a bigger problem for some.

More pics from 'Van Helsing', whose earlier pics can also be found a couple pages back: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2465188&postcount=823

I like these pics much better than his previous photos:
dsc9487v.jpg

dsc9488.jpg

dsc9486.jpg

Yeah! I agree but the cigar really helps with giving him some character.

I disagree. Gives him character yes, but not 'Aldo' character, as he doesn't smoke.

Hopefully just a couple more days if 'orrible customs keep their grubby mitts off!

much better pics from van helsing, still think the lighting is poor, i am sure natural daylight would have shown him in a better light

Wow. I just can't understand anybody thinking this figure looks bad. Looks like straight up Pitt to me. Paint apps are great and the outfit is too. Doesn't look like it changed from the proto either.

I don't think so many people think it look bad. Maybe those who don't understand the flash was drowning out the first couple of pics.

But I think most are just dissapointed in some of the choices such as the hair and expression. (mouth/brow)

Ive said it a few times before but people really need to back off on HT i think about the expression... you may not know this but this is the FIRST and ONLY time Brad Pitt has given his likeness to be on any collectible figure. It's a HUGE thing. He is notorious for rejecting offers.. I can almost promise you the fact that you never saw any updates for months and months is that he kept making HT rework the head.. the expression you all want is probably the first thing they tried. Don't blame HT blame Pitt.

Ive said it a few times before but people really need to back off on HT i think about the expression... you may not know this but this is the FIRST and ONLY time Brad Pitt has given his likeness to be on any collectible figure. It's a HUGE thing. He is notorious for rejecting offers.. I can almost promise you the fact that you never saw any updates for months and months is that he kept making HT rework the head.. the expression you all want is probably the first thing they tried. Don't blame HT blame Pitu.

I knew Pitu had something to do with this. Him and Aldo were probably munching on double downs for the last two weeks, which would result in the chubby faces.

Damn you PITU!!!!!

Ive said it a few times before but people really need to back off on HT i think about the expression... you may not know this but this is the FIRST and ONLY time Brad Pitt has given his likeness to be on any collectible figure. It's a HUGE thing. He is notorious for rejecting offers.. I can almost promise you the fact that you never saw any updates for months and months is that he kept making HT rework the head.. the expression you all want is probably the first thing they tried. Don't blame HT blame Pitt.

SO true man. The other expression would have been perfect, but I sure as hell would put money on it not being anything to do with HT for us not getting it.

Still looks AMAZING! :drool

Grrr. Just realised there may be a wait on this if it has to be flown from UK to Guernsey, due to the volcanic ash. Here's hoping it comes over on the boat!

Last edited:
Back