Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a-dev. That is beyond words. Great work man. Great pictures too.:clap:clap:clap

Thanks very much. Just a recap most of the diorama was built by Maxx Replicas, including the side of the elevator that has the control panels on it. I built the far side of the elevator and all the ceiling.

posing the figures like movie shots makes everything even more cool. a person who made the diorama was genius, but you brought life to it. and all those small details added are so natural. works like this discourage me from doing anything, so professionaly they are done :)

posing the figures like movie shots makes everything even more cool. a person who made the diorama was genius, but you brought life to it. and all those small details added are so natural. works like this discourage me from doing anything, so professionaly they are done :)

Thanks P. Yeah I had the film on and paused it for every shot I wanted to try and replicate, apart from the last 2 pics where I just wanted to show clear views of the ceiling. It always gave quite a buzz when I saw others like OMG and Maulfan recreate exact frames from the movies, in fact they both did photoshoots for the Pescadero escape aswell. Since I now had a diorama for the hospital it was pretty essential that I do it too.

I didn't get the lighting exactly right, the hospital corridor really should have been brighter and I could have done with a lightsource coming through the window on the figures for some shots; the elevator is a little too bright and could probably have done with a bit of the blue tint aswell. Other things that aren't dead-on are the over-reflective walls of the elevator, in the film they are basically a matte silver and the thin panelling that goes all the way around is more white than grey in the movie. Plus the centre-ceiling with the bullet holes should be white but I didn't really like the sample I did in white so stuck with the chrome. At some point down the line I may try to make the whole elevator more accurate.

To your last comment about feeling discouraged when it comes to your own dioramas, please don't be. I've been thoroughly enjoying your stuff in the MMS136 thread. I had no plans on having a Tanker chase BD T1 until I saw yours and then it was essential. I looked at your figure as a guide on the clothes but I don't think I could do what you managed to do with the headsculpt.

Guys i need help!

My mother is buying me the hot toys terminator t800 (i know im pathetic) but today she asked me what i would rather have...
a motorcycle, or the hot toys... IDK WHAT TO DO!!! D:

YOUЯ MOMi;4681141 said:
Guys i need help!

My mother is buying me the hot toys terminator t800 (i know im pathetic) but today she asked me what i would rather have...
a motorcycle, or the hot toys... IDK WHAT TO DO!!! D:

:lol :rotfl :lol :rotfl :lol :rotfl :lol

As cool as the new dx10 is this mms17 still looks to be the best 1:6 t2 arnie there is. Maybe inhand pics will change my mind but at this point it still looks like the orginal has the better likeness.

Andrew, those are phenomenal, serious.
:clap :clap :clap

You nailed those scenes and you even gave the T-1000 in your rendition of the scenes where he´s running his his slightly contorted running style.

Congrats very, very much.
With this dio...youz really got yourself some amazing display, buddy.
:1-1:

Thanks fellas, nice to see its still getting reactions.

Endo, yeah I like my last 2 running T-1000 shots where he has dropped his gun. I had to hold him up with my hand around his knee for those.

Back