Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this on BBICN
source link:
https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=165735&extra=page=1

231523rk4kjiirzrcris1g.jpg

231525l0edqgkqizxflllu.jpg

231526hxxiticutfe85fij.jpg

231528kdnle2fk2yypyqdz.jpg

Looking at this, why would someone want to buy the DX? I'm looking to pick up a terminator but this one looks miles better than the new one. I hadn't actually looked in this thread until now.

Is it just because the Terminator sells well they re-releasing the DX as a new figure? Apart from the gatling gun and shell strap I can't see why I should buy the DX and not this one. This one looks way more like Arnie.

Thoughts?

Looking at this, why would someone want to buy the DX? I'm looking to pick up a terminator but this one looks miles better than the new one. I hadn't actually looked in this thread until now.

Is it just because the Terminator sells well they re-releasing the DX as a new figure? Apart from the gatling gun and shell strap I can't see why I should buy the DX and not this one. This one looks way more like Arnie.

Thoughts?

Pretty much. The DX10 is possibly one of HT more underwhelming releases. Not very exciting if you've already put together a Cyberdyne kitbash.

The main thing I'll miss if I don't get that figure is the chip removal feature. I'd love to buy just a few parts from it but they'll probably be too pricey on ebay to the point where I'd be better off buying the whole figure.

Pretty much. The DX10 is possibly one of HT more underwhelming releases. Not very exciting if you've already put together a Cyberdyne kitbash.

The main thing I'll miss if I don't get that figure is the chip removal feature. I'd love to buy just a few parts from it but they'll probably be too pricey on ebay to the point where I'd be better off buying the whole figure.

I don't have the kit but I'm still not that excited. The HS really kills the whole thing for me. The lastest pics are just :slap :slap .

I'm waiting for in-hand pics before cancelling my order. Even with OMGish pics, I don't think the proto HS can look better.

I won't drop 200€ for a figure like that. :mad:

Last edited:
I don't have the kit but I'm still not that excited. The HS really kills the whole thing for me. The lastest pics is just :slap :slap .

I'm waiting for in-hand pics before cancelling my order. Even with OMGish pics, I don't think the proto HS can look better.

I won't drop 200€ for a figure like that. :mad:

Why change the sculpt though? Does the new one have PERS? There's nothing wrong with this head.

The DX with this head, I'd buy easily.

Why change the sculpt though? Does the new one have PERS? There's nothing wrong with this head.

I'd beg to differ but I'm not gonna go into it. It is arguably better than the DX though. Yeah the DX head has PERS and also a piece of removeable scalp to reveal endo-skull and an accessible CPU I think.

The gimmics are neat but seem to detract from the look of the sculpt, I'm more interested in seeing the new body they developed for this dx. Looks like its abit smaller in frame but its supposed to have better articulation.

Apart from the gatling gun and shell strap I can't see why I should buy the DX and not this one.

Me either :) For the same money if I didn't already have this one I'd preference it over the DX. I keep the sunnies on, so the PERS is not an attractor. And while the seam in the head won't be all that noticeable, I'm happy to have a version that doesn't have it. I also think that this sculpt is better. And I prefer the Galleria scene to the Cyberdyne scene.

Me either :) For the same money if I didn't already have this one I'd preference it over the DX. I keep the sunnies on, so the PERS is not an attractor. And while the seam in the head won't be all that noticeable, I'm happy to have a version that doesn't have it. I also think that this sculpt is better. And I prefer the Galleria scene to the Cyberdyne scene.

Yep, I'd display with the sunnies too. I think I'll pick this one up in a few days. My local shop has it in stock.

Just got this today. I LOVE it, very cool. The sculpt is perfect to me and now I don't have to waste money on the DX with the dodgy looking face and the crap PERS system.

Very happy with it. :yess:

Back