Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No wonder he's kept all the feedback private, so that no prices are disclosed.

He's waiting for that one sucker to come and pay his bills for an entire year.

Sadly, eBay encourages that kind of thing, and we're gonna see more and more of it as they start charging fees exclusively on the back-end (so it's free to list whatever you want, and you only pay eBay if something sells).

Low risk, high potential reward to someone putting up an item with an insane BIN price.

$1000 each for Two face and Sarah Connor? The pegwarmers of their respective lines? Honestly whats the point of making listings like that? Is there even a little chance that someone would be stupid enough to go for that?

Took My Terminator figures out of storage for some shots with my New camera.

The Galleria.

IMG_2128.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2192.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg

These are great!!!!!!

$1000 each for Two face and Sarah Connor? The pegwarmers of their respective lines? Honestly whats the point of making listings like that? Is there even a little chance that someone would be stupid enough to go for that?

Yeah really. I like both of those figures but they've actually gone down in value. What are your thoughts on that? I think both are solid figures but havent done well. Yeah the sarah connor sculpt missed the mark but all together I think its a great figure with lots of display possibilities. Besides all you have to do is put on her sunglasses and hat and you cant tell the difference. The two-face was a nice figure too imo. Why didnt they do well? I always thought that well HT figs are expensive and if your going to buy figures from your favorite franchise then your going to get the main characters that drive that perspective franchise. In other words its kinda like someone saying" Well I got 2 T-800's for different displaying and I have 2 T-1000's.Should I get Sarah Connor to top off my T2 collection or do I get the new Joker thats coming out. Eh... I gotta get the Joker because he looks great and he's a more important character in that franchise. I could get away with not having a Sarah Connor but not a Joker"

They're both excellent figures, just they're peripheral as you've said. They aren't absolutely essential to anyone other than Batman or Terminator obsessives. It just goes to show how unlikely a figure like Young John Connor is. Or considering how the bad@$$ guntoting T2 Sarah hasn't sold through everywhere it makes it quite reasonable to assume HT would not even consider the 80s big haired waitress Sarah. If theres ever an opportunity to have customs of those two I'm gonna jump on it as I did Creg Customs BD T-800.

They're both excellent figures, just they're peripheral as you've said. They aren't absolutely essential to anyone other than Batman or Terminator obsessives. It just goes to show how unlikely a figure like Young John Connor is. Or considering how the bad@$$ guntoting T2 Sarah hasn't sold through everywhere it makes it quite reasonable to assume HT would not even consider the 80s big haired waitress Sarah. If theres ever an opportunity to have customs of those two I'm gonna jump on it as I did Creg Customs BD T-800.

I think if my Terminator collection was extensive as yours is I would too. Would you go as far as a custom Miles Dyson or Dr.Silberman? :lol

I think a-dev agrees with this view, the desire for young John with T2, or Sarah for T1, is that, those films very clearly have a number of key characters, and with T2 especially, they are only short 1 out of the 4 key characters. With T1, sadly, HT's new figures are missing Kyle and Sarah.

I just feel like you're not representing T2 unless John's in the mix, I feel like it's an incomplete representation of the film without him. I don't necessarily feel a love for his character, it's just that I love T2 the movie and want to represent it in my collection and without young John, I feel a void.

I think a-dev agrees with this view, the desire for young John with T2, or Sarah for T1, is that, those films very clearly have a number of key characters, and with T2 especially, they are only short 1 out of the 4 key characters. With T1, sadly, HT's new figures are missing Kyle and Sarah.

I just feel like you're not representing T2 unless John's in the mix, I feel like it's an incomplete representation of the film without him. I don't necessarily feel a love for his character, it's just that I love T2 the movie and want to represent it in my collection and without young John, I feel a void.

I hear ya. From a profitable stand point I can understand HT not doing an 80's Sarah but I'd love to see a "hobo" Kyle Reese. I dont think it would sell T-800 numbers but it might do OK.

Well what's really shocking, I can totally get why we don't get young Sarah or young John, at best a Targets of Skynet 2 pack or something might sell ok, but definitely not either alone, and even Reese I can almost get, but no BD T1 or T2 T-800 just makes no sense, they'd be huge sellers.

I'm still hoping we might see a BD T2 soon to celebrate the 20th anniversary of T2.

Back