Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. I was wondering if people would notice that its the NECA headsculpt. I think it looks the business, its now my default bike-rider T-800 head. It looks closer to the movie poster and the actual Harley scenes than the HT sculpt because of the longer hair and also the more accurate longer face. Sure, close-up its got the rough skin, seams on the neck and a plain paintjob but I'm hardly noticing that. Also the head/body proportions are looking more accurate to T2 than the normal HT figure. Overall the good outweighs the bad for me.

I should also point out that the body is just a standard Truetype with bubblewrap padding taped around the various parts under the HT clothes. This allowed better bike-riding poseability and the ability to put the NECA head on - you couldn't put the NECA head on the HT T-800 body.

To get the NECA head on a HT truetype I took on the of these
CEImuw2kKGrHqFgsE0vv1DUMBNQ7MLMq_12.jpg

.....carved it down a bit, popped it into the base of the NECA's neck and voila, I could now put it onto the truetype body like any HT head with a sculpted neck attached. All I had to do was pull the t-shirt up to hide it.

Having said all this I wouldn't be satisfied with it as a standing T-800 figure. The full HT figure all the way for that. However as a permanent bike-rider its excellent for me.

The bike is the Tamiya kit...words fail me as to how much of a grail that is.

Is that the hot toys shotgun or neca? if it's the neca, does the HT shotty have that reload action?

View attachment 36209

Thats the Hot Toys Shotgun, the NECA one is larger and doesn't have the reload feature.

Last edited:
^That bike is beautiful! Amazingly well done.

At the risk of looking like I'm trying to one-up those pics I couldn't resist taking some of my own. Now unfortunately these are taken on my deteriorating Ericsson phone because I'm having a problem with the memory card on my camera and buggered if I know how to solve it but here goes with the phone pics. I took quite a lot.....

T800onHarleyNECAheadsculpt1.jpg

T800onHarleyNECAheadsculpt11.jpg

That rocks. I don't know which one I like more, your bike or your ingenuity with that NECA head.

You're right about those proportions too, I'm glad someone tried it, I never thought about it, let alone try it with my Hot Toys T-800 or NECA T-800. Really well done.

You should try replicating the T2 poster. I'd love to see that.

There's one thing that I don't think I've posted about concerning these bikes. Isn't anyone worried about ruining the leather pants? For a-dev that's not really a problem, I imagine that this is specifically his "biker T-800" but I'd be a little concerned for those that have only one and have it in this sitting pose.

The pants are pretty tight, unless it's just mine. It would be a shame to have them get stretched or rip, especially at the seams.

This particular bike is the Tamiya Fatboy. The various bikes we've used and opinions about the same have been discussed at various points in this thread, including in the last few pages. But for a more thorough discussion and a few other pics just scan the thread back to maybe March or so. Or search the thread for Newbright, Barbie, the telephone, Tamiya, Testors, etc.

That rocks. I don't know which one I like more, your bike or your ingenuity with that NECA head.

You're right about those proportions too, I'm glad someone tried it, I never thought about it, let alone try it with my Hot Toys T-800 or NECA T-800. Really well done.

You should try replicating the T2 poster. I'd love to see that.

There's one thing that I don't think I've posted about concerning these bikes. Isn't anyone worried about ruining the leather pants? For a-dev that's not really a problem, I imagine that this is specifically his "biker T-800" but I'd be a little concerned for those that have only one and have it in this sitting pose.

The pants are pretty tight, unless it's just mine. It would be a shame to have them get stretched or rip, especially at the seams.

Thanks! Like you I'm thoroughly impressed with the NECA head on a padded out HT Truetype and in these pics I wanted to showcase that as much as the bike itself. I don't even recall how it came into my mind to do it but once it did it was easy-peasy and now I have a HT head that I can use for another figure.

Yes this is my permanent bike-riding T-800, he will never be used for any other purpose because although he looks awesome sitting down on the bike, not so much as a standing figure. But anyway because of the smaller body I don't think the pants are getting stretched much so its all good for me.

As for replicating the T2 poster the first 2 shots I posted, I think it was the first 2, are intended as exactly that albeit without a blacked out background and Terminator 2: Judgment Day in red etc etc But I tried to get the exact pose and photo angle.

Is it possible to make a custom P1 helmet to fit on the closed mouth pred's head & would it look right size wise? Just a thought.

Do those sunglasses come off the Neca head or are the permanent? Ive heard good things about the sculpt. If they do come off,how does the sculpt look without them? Just curious.

Do those sunglasses come off the Neca head or are the permanent? Ive heard good things about the sculpt. If they do come off,how does the sculpt look without them? Just curious.

They aren't meant to be taken off but they can be if you kind of break them off. The eyes aren't painted underneath y'see. Probably just aswell, the human eye on the 12" Final Battle figure looks cartoony and the same would have been true here. As usual with NECA great sculpts let down by their paint & texture.

However I still think my NECA/HT bash looks ___king class on the bike.

Back