Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the metal parts.
I wish HT would start using more metal parts with their figures....but that will come at the expense of raised prices.

Thanks guys. I was wondering if people would notice that its the NECA headsculpt. I think it looks the business, its now my default bike-rider T-800 head. It looks closer to the movie poster and the actual Harley scenes than the HT sculpt because of the longer hair and also the more accurate longer face.

haha, My neca T800 also the default rider on my Fatboy telephone.
I'm also using the same neck connector on TT body, but the suit is T3 version (HT T2 suit now sky high in price).
24v6rko.jpg

Last edited:
Great work a-dev. Tempted to do it myself actually! I have spare clothes from my 1st HT Arnie as you know and my neca is just gathering dust!

I would need a fatboy to do it though and the only option i'd go for is the tamiya kit. That would then lead to me attempting to build it - only to ruin it (as I do all model kits) Arghh.

haha, My neca T800 also the default rider on my Fatboy telephone.
I'm also using the same neck connector on TT body, but the suit is T3 version (HT T2 suit now sky high in price).
24v6rko.jpg

Its good isn't it? The proportions look great on yours too. Did you pad out the body?

Great work a-dev. Tempted to do it myself actually! I have spare clothes from my 1st HT Arnie as you know and my neca is just gathering dust!

I would need a fatboy to do it though and the only option i'd go for is the tamiya kit. That would then lead to me attempting to build it - only to ruin it (as I do all model kits) Arghh.

Thanks Platty. An unassembled kit just wouldn't have been an option for me, I have zero experience building and painting models. The cost of buying one and then commissioning a pro to put it together, paint it and send it back to me would have been pretty huge I imagine.

Its good isn't it? The proportions look great on yours too. Did you pad out the body?

Only A little bit pad out, as the jacket done the job.
I reused the Neca's boots as well.
Still trying to improve him.
I always think Neca's head proportionally better than HT's one.
I will leave my HT's version for Cyberdyne showdown.

Only A little bit pad out, as the jacket done the job.
I reused the Neca's boots as well.
Still trying to improve him.
I always think Neca's head proportionally better than HT's one.
I will leave my HT's version for Cyberdyne showdown.
Great job!
Looks good from here. :clap

It's kind of sacrilegious putting a mongel like that on a nice bike kit like that.
I don't like the NECA sculpt at all...Something about the jaw line and mouth looks off when I look at it. The HT sculpt is far superior as far as I'm concerned, it's just about perfect.

I knew some would feel that way. Goes to show how subjective it all is, I think that sculpt is dead-on. I know you don't agree but I find the compacted face of the HT annoyingly distracting at times. I'm also not majorly fond of the way the hair is cut in so tight on the sides of the head to accomodate the sunglasses. The NECA sculpt has the sunglasses as a seperate piece too but they didn't take the hair in so much. It looks closer to the movie poster and bike riding scenes which must have been filmed while Arnie's hair was at a particular length and fullness so thats why I'm using it. The added bonus of doing this is now having a HT head to use elsewhere.

If you like NECA, go with NECA imo. These are your shelves. To each his/her own.

No offense was taken, I put the pics up there they're open for opinion one way or another.

As I said I'm satisfied with it as a permanent bike rider figure. For a standing T-800 I'm sticking with the complete HT package.

I knew some would feel that way. Goes to show how subjective it all is, I think that sculpt is dead-on. I know you don't agree but I find the compacted face of the HT annoyingly distracting at times. I'm also not majorly fond of the way the hair is cut in so tight on the sides of the head to accomodate the sunglasses. The NECA sculpt has the sunglasses as a seperate piece too but they didn't take the hair in so much. It looks closer to the movie poster and bike riding scenes which must have been filmed while Arnie's hair was at a particular length and fullness so thats why I'm using it. The added bonus of doing this is now having a HT head to use elsewhere.

Totally agreed. Sometimes I tried to take off the sunglasses of my HT T800, but I feel he look like someone else, so I quickly put the sunglasses back for him, this happen to Bruce Lee DX04 too, although the paint app making him like a real human, the likeness is only 60-70%.
As for Neca, the paint app is very poor, but the likeness (with sunglasses) is almost 80-90% for me.
I am happy to have both Neca n HT T800, now looking forward EB 1/4 version, hopefully they can fix the forehead problem.

You guys think that with HT doing more and more characters with large scale accessories (example: Ghost Rider and his bike, Sweeney Todd with chair, Jack Sparrow with rudder) You think if they had waited on doing the T2 T-800 that he would have came with the bike now?

Hmm, probably not, apparently Harley Davidson are pretty strict when it comes to licence rights ive heard.

The HT sculpt would be my absolute favourite without question if the distance between his eyes and his mouth was a tad greater and the hair was a tad longer and not quite so tight above the ears. Because you can't beat it for everything else. But these things throw it off for me. So close and yet...:gah: I know some will say 'how can you find these things more of an issue than the fact that the NECA one has plasticy toy seams on the sides, a crap paintjob and Robert Davi textured skin?'......I do and I don't. I dunno, depends on my mood. Right now I'm more impressed by the NECA head on my Fatboy-rider than I was by the HT one.

It's kind of sacrilegious putting a mongel like that on a nice bike kit like that.
I don't like the NECA sculpt at all...Something about the jaw line and mouth looks off when I look at it. The HT sculpt is far superior as far as I'm concerned, it's just about perfect.

Although I agree the HT sculpt is far superior for me in sculpt and paint I really do like a-dev's set up. I dunno, I guess I appreciate that its different.

Thanks man. Y'know I've actually got pics of my HT sculpt on the Harley aswell, I'll see about posting a few...probably a lot knowing me. Its the Hot Toys head on this same padded out Truetype body.

Thanks man. Y'know I've actually got pics of my HT sculpt on the Harley aswell, I'll see about posting a few...probably a lot knowing me. Its the Hot Toys head on this same padded out Truetype body.

I'd like to see that. Pics of Arnie on his Fatboy never get old. I dont have a bike for mine so I gotta drool over everyone elses:lol
I havent even done a photoshoot with my T2 T-800 yet and he's,as of now, my fav figure. Ive done some with my T1 which turned out OK.I might take some tonight if Im in the mood

Back