Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I think the Sideshow logo is on the box as they still hold the licence, and they are lending it out to Hot Toys.

What with the Troopers and now T2, it's nice to see them working together

Ah, I see. Never knew that. The sideshow logo is cool. Everytime I look at the sideshow logo I automatically think of the days of LOTR and Weta and all the statues as well as the mini pieces.

I always wanted that huge Sauron statue from way back then but $300 was way out of my price range back in 2003/04. Plus I had never bought such items way back then. If only.

I have my tracking number from CSC, Jun. 04 my T-800 plus DX2 TDK be in home.:yess::wink1:

So even if you buy from Toys2, Hong Kong, a UK dealer or eBay the sideshow logo is on the box lower right?

Thats frighteningly real.

t800dlast.jpg

It does look like it could be one of the security camera shots from the mall, doesn't it? :lol

As for the Sideshow logo, I believe they still have the license (which would explain the logo) and it's on loan to HT for these figures.

In fairness, though, the license itself might not be to blame. The 3 3/4", Medicom, and Sideshow figures were all lacking in various respects. With Sideshow specifically, the Raiders Indy (the most important figure) had a very loose body and crappy paint on the head which probably kept demand down beyond what Sideshow expected. But on top of that, they produced the crap out of them. Same with the PF. They expected him to sell like Darth Vader did I guess, but that's just not realistic IMO.

I'm not saying that Indy is a license that can really thrive in the high end action figure market, but it is very possible that it could work for Hot Toys. Particularly if they have a modest production run.

I think it'd take another movie for that to happen, and a good one at that. Save LEGO, Indy's sold poorly through just about every license holder. :(

In fairness, though, the license itself might not be to blame. The 3 3/4", Medicom, and Sideshow figures were all lacking in various respects. With Sideshow specifically, the Raiders Indy (the most important figure) had a very loose body and crappy paint on the head which probably kept demand down beyond what Sideshow expected. But on top of that, they produced the crap out of them. Same with the PF. They expected him to sell like Darth Vader did I guess, but that's just not realistic IMO.

I'm not saying that Indy is a license that can really thrive in the high end action figure market, but it is very possible that it could work for Hot Toys. Particularly if they have a modest production run.

Just one really well made Indy... Not a line of figures, just one Indy.

I wish HT should have included more weapons which include the granade launcher, granade belt, gatling gun..., like how they did the Blade, with lots of accessories. I don't mind paying a few bucs more.

I wish HT should have included more weapons which include the granade launcher, granade belt, gatling gun..., like how they did the Blade, with lots of accessories. I don't mind paying a few bucs more.

Hot Toys didnt add all those accessories to this figure because they probably have plans of making more than one t800 from Terminator 2.

Most of us here pretty much think that Hot Toys are holding that all back for the Battle Damaged version

Yeah they are probly going to do a battle damaged T-800 or a new figure with all those weapons. Since there doing another Sarah Conner its pretty much a guarentee well get another Arnold. The HT T2 line is gonna be badass!

Back