Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, it's really that poseable? Have the necks always been poseable on rubber bodies? HT are amazing with the things they do. I don't dig the likeness on that figure but everything else looks astounding. (trying to rub maulfans nose in it!)

Yeah, like MF said it's different. The Rambo and Rocky figs had no neck articulation except where the sculpt ball joint was. This new body has articulation not only there but, like a regular True Type, at the base of the neck on the shoulders. It's really cool. REALLY cool.

I can't wait to get the T-800 with this new body style.

It's really weird that Hot Toys' own product photos don't really show off a range of motion in the neck. I assumed Wolverine was a hard plastic torso from their photos becuase it looked like the neck never moved and it was like the Wil Turner body or something.

Yeah, like MF said it's different. The Rambo and Rocky figs had no neck articulation except where the sculpt ball joint was. This new body has articulation not only there but, like a regular True Type, at the base of the neck on the shoulders. It's really cool. REALLY cool.

I can't wait to get the T-800 with this new body style.
Sounds amazing.

I also just received my Wolverine figure, and as everyone has pointed out, the torso and neck articulation is almost, ALMOST as good as a regular true type. I'm just speaking of the torso and not the arms though.

I'd like to assume that future muscular figures will have the same freedom of movement in those joints, like Leonidas and the T800, but (T800 specifically) they have much beefier physiques that I'm worried will hinder articulation, as the rubber would have to be thicker than the one used on Wolvie.

The glasses? i think the whole head is too small.

I'm glad someone agrees with me that the head is too small. The figure looks good from the 3/4 shots, but when viewed from the front, the shoulders look way too wide. You could fit two more heads on each shoulder. That just does not look right.

The neck mobility is pretty impressive, nothing extreme but some good fluid side to side movement and he can look down pretty well. As I (will) say in my review, the neck joint is the hidden jem on the body, you can inject a lot of personality to a pose with the simple tilt of the head.

I'm glad someone agrees with me that the head is too small. The figure looks good from the 3/4 shots, but when viewed from the front, the shoulders look way too wide. You could fit two more heads on each shoulder. That just does not look right.
I think he looks fine here, mate:

HT_T2_T800_PR19.jpg

Maybe because the jacket is so wide open you think the head is too small? I think the head is perfect in size, shape and likeness.

That's another thing, I wonder if the jacket can be pulled tighter and close a bit more than what we've seen in the shots so far?

My guess is the torso of the upper body is wrapped over in rubber like Wolverine. Be nice if it was a loose neck you could pose more.

X-Men-Origins_Wolverine8.jpg

As for the shirt, yes, it does seem like you'd struggle to get it off, really has me thinking that's why they didn't do the black shirt, they probably decided it wouldn't be important enough to people that it'd be better to go with the grey one for the Endo arm reveal since swapping would be hard, but I'll either swap out for a black one or if it works to get two of these, I'll have one black one grey.

Maybe we could just get a black T-Shirt and cut it to slip over the neck " like a poncho" no need to remove the grey shirt that way.

Okay everyone, I have just posted a thread on Hot Toys Facebook page asking them to make John Connor. If you want them to do it, please support the thread. Obviously in order to make him HT will have to create a brand new body. Hot Toys needs to know there is a market for this and the fans will buy it. Please 'Like' the thread :cool:
Support: https://www.facebook.com/hottoys?ref=nf

....and they could use that new body for a young Kyle Reese (TS) as well.

....and they could use that new body for a young Kyle Reese (TS) as well.

They already have a body for young Kyle Reese, the skinny True Type, a proper Young John body would be way too small. Kyle and Marcus were about the same height in T:S.

I get a vibe when I read a lot of John Comments that people forget he's only 10 years old in T2, he should be pretty small compared to the T-800, even that awesome custom John in the customs thread, while great looking overall, has 1 flaw in that he's to tall against Terminator and looks like a teenage in size.

Of any body I've seen, I really think the Sideshow/Hot Toys Hobbit body would be good for John's height, and certainly get more use out of that body for all the work that went into making it.

Do you guys think since hot toys is Doing the t2 line and then revamping the original T1 line that they might revamp the ALIENS USCM (hicks, hudsen ripley ect)????

Back