Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too much money you're asking Sideshow!!! I was going to order from Sideshow because of the points if it were priced at $150 plus shipping but I'm better off ordering it from my local comic shop which always sells to me below SSC's retail price (for being a consistent customer). I can get it from my local CS for $140 with no shipping and no tax (if I pay cash). I've been buying all my Hot Toys from them lately. The only downside is I have to wait a week or two more than Sideshow, but I can be patient.;)

Too much money you're asking Sideshow!!! I was going to order from Sideshow because of the points if it were priced at $150 plus shipping but I'm better off ordering it from my local comic shop which always sells to me below SSC's retail price (for being a consistent customer). I can get it from my local CS for $140 with no shipping and no tax (if I pay cash). I've been buying all my Hot Toys from them lately. The only downside is I have to wait a week or two more than Sideshow, but I can be patient.;)

Yea local retailers have been selling most HT figs for $20 and $30 less everytime. Let's see what the exclusive is gonna be like first.

Ok I've ordered this badboy if I can find it cheaper closer to release I'll cancel, but they all cost a heap here, if the dollar stays up this could be a decent price for me

Yea local retailers have been selling most HT figs for $20 and $30 less everytime. Let's see what the exclusive is gonna be like first.

You know what, good for them! At least your local guys know how to do fair business. Or better yet take advantage of building a repeat customer base. My local guy is pure clown shoes ................ he still has BR Joker priced at $279.

Lest we forget that Hot Toys should make a much more sturdier Endoskeleton this time. The past Endos are so fragile. A breeze can break them. Not cool for what these figures cost. Use metal for the jointed fingers.... the itty bitty plastic parts are so fragile and break easily. When I replaced them with metal it made my figure pretty unbreakable.

I think they went with a softer plastic for the T600s. Mine have a lot of "give" to them. I'd think that be much more likely as metal fingers would increase the price quite a bit.

Yep, not matter who you buy it from Sideshow is making some scratch. My rule is I will buy exclusive items from Sideshow, anything else I either get from one of their retailers (usually Alter Ego) or I play the waiting game and see if I can score a better deal after its been out for a while.

On this figure I really think I'm gonna play the waiting game... I think its awesome, but at the same time if a DX version (or even a 2nd one) comes out this one will likely drop in value.

On Amazon the V1 Joker is available for $66 :google

A chrome finish Endo would be some awesome eye candy. But as far as a resculpt/retool
the only thing I would like to see is lower the brow a little
, a swivel joint for the thumb,
2 pulse rifles instead of one, and widen the stance to give it a more menacing feel.

As for the BD T-800 headsculpt I hope HT includes a partially BD after the Cyberdyne shootout
when they crash in the police truck, the old man runs over "Are your hurt?" T-800 just gives an
quick upward glance. Every time I see that part it still makes me chuckle. It's funny w/o trying to be funny.

I agree with those points. The only other Endo that comes close to that menacing look is NECA's 18 inch, though even that could use some refining. But chrome is what I want the most, plastic look doesn't cut it.

Yea, but that V1 Joker sucks, T2 T800 doesn't!

Agreed :lol

But, at the same time... people were scrambling to get him at full price (around $150). But as soon as the BR came out he dropped... then after the DX he completely bottomed out.

Not saying this figure will be as dramatic, but I don't think it will be above retail for at least awhile as HT seems to be upping ES and the threat of a newer/better version on the horizon.

Dear All, This is my first post on Sideshow. I am living in Hong Kong and love 12 inch figures. Regarding the 1/6 scale Harley Davidson Fatboy, as far as I know, there is only one being released by Tamiya Big Scale series item #16029. The model was released around 1990 and due to the license, it could only be sold in Asia. Right now the said model is discontinued item (may be the license expired) and it becomes the most rare item for bic model lover.

But some of place overseas still have stock but very expensive. In a toy model web in Europe, the price is high at EURO 269. Recently, two have been sold at the yahoo auction in japan for 18000Yen (around USD180 to USD200)

Compare to the cost of T800, its not worth to chase the Fatboy itself.

I really hope Hottoys could release the Harley Davidson Fatboy for T2 series and I actually send an email to them. However, I guess its not easy for both Hottoys and Sideshow to get the license from Harley Davidson.

HT seems to be upping ES and the threat of a newer/better version on the horizon.

I think so too. That's the usual curve for these things. Eventually though, this should go thru the roof, as long as it's the only way to get the clean look/sculpt.

I just learned that even the Power Loader is selling on ebay for 300-450. Even that has gone up. And forget about things like Hicks and Scar. Of course, we'll have to see if Joker and Batman and Ironman fair as well in the long term. Those probably had much higher edition sizes. Then there's the other side: like Two-Face, which continues to plummet.

It also has to do with how much people want it. I think Two-Face plummets because most people don't want to pay retail for the figure. Popular stuff, people are willing to pay whatever for. i have a feeling that a year or so after release, you'll get pretty good money on eBay for this guy.

i have a feeling that a year or so after release, you'll get pretty good money on eBay for this guy.

I agree, that's what I said. The only cog in that would be if they release a BD DX with a clean sculpt and nearly everything you need to build your own "clean" version like this one. If this one ends up only being good for its shotgun and rose box then I could see prices remain steady or even fall off. But I don't think HT will do that. I have a feeling all future heads (and probably clothing) will be damaged in some way, bullet scrapes to full damage. That way, this figure remains unique.

Yeah, I don't expect any more clean gear except for this figure. You could probably even make some good money early on with this figure parting it out once a BD goes up for order.

That is my concern as well... I don't care much about the value of stuff. But at the same time if I can wait an extra few months and save 30% on a figure I'm generally going to do that... which lately seems to be the trend on all figures.

Still surprises me that the Two-Face has done so poorly... its an awesome fig IMO and one I felt was well worth the original price.

Still surprises me that the Two-Face has done so poorly... its an awesome fig IMO and one I felt was well worth the original price.

I got him at retail and i was more than happy, but I think it came down to character popularity and figure innaccuracy more than anything. It's made well, but to the 100% accurrate crowd it was pretty off, and I get a sense the character didn't really resonate with as many people as Batman and Joker.

Similarly, I see T-800 and T-1000 being very popular and valuable in this line, but Sarah Connor will be T2's Two-Face. She'll sell at retail up front to the die hard fans, and she'll peg warm and discount to the more casual people that don't feel a need to have Sarah but for a discounted price would pick her up.

I agree, that's what I said. The only cog in that would be if they release a BD DX with a clean sculpt and nearly everything you need to build your own "clean" version like this one. If this one ends up only being good for its shotgun and rose box then I could see prices remain steady or even fall off. But I don't think HT will do that. I have a feeling all future heads (and probably clothing) will be damaged in some way, bullet scrapes to full damage. That way, this figure remains unique.

Totally riding this vibe too, W-G. ;)

So has anyone found a decent price on this yet? I'm looking at 185 after shipping and tax right now through SS and that's just a little too much, IMO. I did pre-order but I plan to look at other options.

BBTS still has him listed at 199, ATM.

Back