Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have any ideas on how I can fix it?

Not sure I can help...
Can you take a pic so we can understand better what the problem might be?
Maybe there's a piece missing inside the socket where the articulation goes. The best thing to do would probably be to contact HT directly. They usually send replacement parts for defective/broken parts.
You'll need a copy of the receipt of your purchase and pics.

Not sure I can help...
Can you take a pic so we can understand better what the problem might be?
Maybe there's a piece missing inside the socket where the articulation goes. The best thing to do would probably be to contact HT directly. They usually send replacement parts for defective/broken parts.
You'll need a copy of the receipt of your purchase and pics.
Alright Ill just contact Hot Toys then. A picture wouldnt really show the problme but heres a video of another guy on Youtube with the same problem as mine.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0y5zN_eJgw Go to 09:19

Man, I really want a second one of these, I see prices are around 200 or so atm.

Do you think theyll drop when the T1 does?

Or is now my best bet?

Either the ball joint is too small or the space inside the head that the ball joint fits into is too big.

hmmm...thats very strange.
are you sure you youre pushing it down far enough?
i remember when i removed the head on mine, it was quite a fiddly job to get it back on.
i seem to remember having to move the rubber out of the way as it was getting in the way and stopping the head from "popping" on properly.
its a good job im a customiser and im used to handling small problems like this as i can see it being a big problem for "the average collector".
it might be the problem youre having...the rubber needs to be pushed down?

Im not a weak person dude. I lift very heavy weights and Im able to lift my 100 lb Pit-Bull easily. I already said what the problem was. Even an "average collector" can have enough sense to trust what their eyes see.

Im not a weak person dude. I lift very heavy weights and Im able to lift my 100 lb Pit-Bull easily. I already said what the problem was. Even an "average collector" can have enough sense to trust what their eyes see.

I was just kidding about that lol
But seriously, I think that could be the problem...the rubber is stopping you from pushing it far enough...it certainly stopped me from popping the head on until i realised that the rubber must be the problem.
Im just trying to help...its frustrating for me to hear people having trouble with this and the T1000s torch and pen...i just want to have a look and try fix it for them.:gah:
I just cant see hot toys giving you the wrong size neck peg.
I could be wrong of course.

EDIT: Ignore what i said about the pit-bull lol...i misread your comment.

Couldve fooled me:monkey3 just keep trying man its not that hard:lol

is the peg connected to the head or the neck?

Im really disgusted and pissed off right now because I just got my t-800 and his head will not go into ball joint tightly (it just slides out). This is unexceptable to me and the fact that this mistake even made it out of the factory is ____ing ridiculous. So I was wondering if this happened to you how did you fix it????

A lot of people have had this happen. Take out the ball joint from the neck first, insert it into the head, then place it back on the neck.

A lot of people have had this happen. Take out the ball joint from the neck first, insert it into the head, then place it back on the neck.

yup, thats what i did too...or was it the other way round?(i cant remember)

anyway, doing that will tell Cdiesel09 if the peg is truly too small...which is why i asked him if his peg was in the head or neck.
i was then going to tell him to remove the peg from wherever it was and insert it into the opposite body part to test if the peg truly is too small.
if not, then its a problem with the rubber/not pushing hard enough.

EDIT: Cdiesel09, if you manage to "fix" your T800s head, could you please send me a PM to inform me.
ive tried to help quite a few people with this, both on this thread and that guy on youtube.
Ive never got any replies back to whether actually it worked or not. :(
It will surely save me some time if you could try what ive suggested and get back to me if you dont mind.
thanks.

Last edited:
Couldve fooled me:monkey3 just keep trying man its not that hard:lol
haha too bad you have no idea what you're talking about. The pin is too small for Arnold's head. I ended up taking Royces pin out and put it in the T-800s and that fixed everything. Now my Royce figure has a loose head, so Ill have to buy a correct sized pin from somewhere. Just because you have 2,000 posts doesnt mean you know everything.

haha too bad you have no idea what you're talking about. The pin is too small for Arnold's head. I ended up taking Royces pin out and put it in the T-800s and that fixed everything. Now my Royce figure has a loose head, so Ill have to buy a correct sized pin from somewhere. Just because you have 2,000 posts doesnt mean you know everything.

It doesn't???
samuel_L_Jackson.gif

seems i was wrong then.
the peg was simply too small afterall...tut tut hot toys.
anyway, congrats at fixing him, my friend.

:exactly:

This is old news and was brought up many times throughout this thread and it always ended up being resolved using this method. It is just difficult to apply the force using the head evenly on the balljoint in the neck as it tends to shift away from the neutral position as that neck connection is "more loose". Inserting the removed balljoint by itself into the head first was much easier and with the stronger connection being now made first in the head the final assembly was much simpler as well.

Back