Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not reading 900 pages... is there any thing to wath out for with the glasses? Is paint from them sticking to his face in hot temperatures like with Blade? Please advise. I want to stick them on his face and be happy.

I never even saw proof of it happening with blade so I dont think you have to worry about it.

Thanks.

On the contrary actually... I'm not really psyched, until I saw him in hand.

Mine came with the broken endo fingers as well though :slap:gah:

how's the broken endo's condition bro? Is it loosey finger or totally broken?

I heard the T-800 re-issue is on September... still a rumor but it's a good news to get more bob :yess:

Hey guys, this figure is great for the most part (I prefer full range elbow articulation over aesthetics), but did anyone else receive a pair of glasses that has black paint goop covering one or both of the transparent lenses? The paint slop covering over one of the lenses is significant and is rather distracting.

When did you see it for that price? They are selling the figure for $199 now.

People, you should have just purchased at Redford. WAY BETTER THAN ANY SPOT.

I got my DX Joker for dirt cheap there and my Arnie for 135 shipped.

They have free shipping, solid prices and discounts to members who subscribe to their newsletter.

C'mon people, get with the program. Heck, you can just get them from eBay, my seller account, I'M FLIPPING THESE....AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Some of my camera phone Arnie shots...sorry for the poor photo quality :monkey2

4709880347_8d533b2b53.jpg

4709883509_01ce09d73c.jpg

4709889683_f36d33436c.jpg

4710533484_ae29ca3cb9.jpg

4709898423_ccd8686b8f.jpg

whose gloves (Blade, BR Joker etc) are the most movie accurate for the T800?

So much for that, a-dev. Guess what just arrived through the door. A letter from FedEx. £33.75 to pay them for import tax. Parcelforce was cheaper ffs! I use to only pay between £19 and £21 if it caught customs.

£23.75 EU VAT
£10.00 Clearance Administration Fees

So much for that, a-dev. Guess what just arrived through the door. A letter from FedEx. £33.75 to pay them for import tax. Parcelforce was cheaper ffs! I use to only pay between £19 and £21 if it caught customs.

£23.75 EU VAT

I was getting that every time when I was ordering from XL-Shop, dropped them after a bit, got a bit predictable.

That was from Sideshow Collectibles. I should have said which puzzles me the most, the T800 came through fine with no custom fees but Iron Man Battle Damage got billed for customs. I don't understand that. 2 from Sideshow spread out over a month, 1 gets through 1 gets caught. I've always thought customs was screwy. It's inconsistent. Plus sadly on the back of the invoice it has the full price of the item. :/

Even with other Hong Kong shops with Parcelforce, even that was a hit or a miss. Sometimes I got caught, other times many got through.

£23.75 EU VAT

Pain in the ar$e isn't it. There goes the SS rewards points. Just doesn't make sense for me to order from SS anymore if this is the way its gonna be. Well other than the exclusives.

Now its another thing added to my 'annoying' to do list. Pay that.

The only reason why I decided to go and try Sideshow is because,
1: They get their stuff usually a lot later than everyone else. 95% of the time anyway. So if there is any quality control issues from Hot Toys at least it'll be most likely fixed by the time it reaches Sideshow.

2: Kind of comes under 1 but with it being later I wouldn't have to pay when the likes of Hong Kong shops or batch 2's.

3: The ability to cancel your pre-order with no cancelation fees.

4: As you said the points system.

Why is it the good places you end up either suck it up or go somewhere else... you can never find a good place that has the above and get the perks of by passing import duties.

Plus so far Sideshow has been the cheapest for me for shipping that has tracking. Other places like Toys2 have had shipping prices like Sideshow but you don't get tracking unless you go the more expensive route. :/

Those extra charges from Fed-ex and everything which I got lumped with when I got my Mystique Ex were why I cancelled my order for this with sideshow and went with OSB because in total, it worked out cheaper. Can't remember how much, somewhere in the region of £10-£20 I think. Either way it was enough for me to change who I ordered it with!

Back