Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I wont be using the arm. Probably never. When it comes to display my figures I may try something like this with the arm?...

I mini stand type thing for it rather than sitting it in the box.

terminatorarm.jpg

For some reason I could see Hot Toys packing this as an accessory into one of their future T2 figures, maybe the chip too.

Just a couple quick down & dirty pics. This should put an end to all that ridiculous talk about the NECA sculpt being superior. It's a nice figure for it's price but it really doesn't compare to the HT version (which, considering the price difference, should be the case)...
DSCN0227.jpg

DSCN0228.jpg

DSCN0229.jpg

DSCN0223.jpg

sidebyside.jpg

Last edited:
That's the 12" one. The regular version is half of both their size and looks amazing. I also think people are praising the NECA sculpt, not the final production figure with the paint.

Those are great pics. The neck and head attachment look seamless here and the sculpt doesn't look strange at all like other people's pics that I've seen.

Pictures speak louder than words. :pfft:

MOST pictures suck on here. Either due to lighting or just the fact that a camera distorts real things. Someone could take pics of the NECA figure and it could look amazing while someone else takes a pic of the HT version and it looks like Mattel crap and vice versa. Having something in hand is the only way to know 100% sure if something is good or not.

No problem. I've seen alot of crappy pics that really make me think twice of owning this figure in the last couple of weeks. But in the slew of pics I'm impressed with your pics, Maulfan's, the guy with the HD youtube video and maybe a few others And you're not using any programs, tricks or anything like that. For "down & dirty" pics it looks really good.

I''m going to have to find out for myself though. There's one on ebay that ends today that I'm trying to get.

Those are great pics. The neck and head attachment look seamless here and the sculpt doesn't look strange at all like other people's pics that I've seen.

MOST pictures suck on here. Either due to lighting or just the fact that a camera distorts real things. Someone could take pics of the NECA figure and it could look amazing while someone else takes a pic of the HT version and it looks like Mattel crap and vice versa. Having something in hand is the only way to know 100% sure if something is good or not.

It's perspective. You can easily make a high-end figure look like ass to fake an inferior figure looking better, and vice versa. These pics are great because there's equal lighting and futzing for both. I'd like to see both with glasses off though to kill any further issues validating the earlier trolling.

Last edited:
It's perspective. You can easily make a high-end figure look like ass to fake an inferior figure looking better, and vice versa. These pics are great because there's equal lighting and futzing for both. I'd like to see both with glasses off though to kill any further issues validating the earlier rants.

Yeah, I agree. I don't want to say that the "bad" pictures are because of people with awful cameras or horrible eyes because they're just as enthusiastic as everyone else. I'm not going to toot my horn either because I'm not talented or a professional when it comes to pictures. I know when to quit while I'm ahead though. Just saying, most of the pictures in this thread look like crap and don't do the figure justice at all.

Oh and I'm sure you're well aware that the NECA version's sunglasses don't come off, right?

BBTS has this back up listed as "Pre-Order". I think I checked just yesterday and it was listed as "Pre-Order - Sold Out".

Still waiting on mine from BBTS and Razor's...

Not that they weren't delicate to begin with the Endo releases but, now with the added red glossy paint in the joints, the fingers kind of bend back into place when you try to pose them with a little force, i dicked with it for a little bit then said ____ that and put the arm back in the tray.

Same as that. They would be ok though if your very patient with them. Just support either side of each joint as you move it and it should be fine. But I wont be displaying it anyways :D

Just saying, most of the pictures in this thread look like crap and don't do the figure justice at all.

You mean mine dont you?? DONT YOU?!?! :crying:crying:crying

j/k I wouldnt go so far as saying look like crap, but its true some photo's can distort the figs quite badly. I've noticed with several pics of the dx joker, including my own, that from straight on his forehead looks weird. But by the same logic they can also make figs look like they can do things that they actually can't as in the photos of Arnie resting the gun on his shoulder...

Thats why I leave the pics to the pro's :) I just try to get a few shots of the detailing really. No actual posing...

Curious as to why did you pull the head up higher?, to tilt the head back more i take it?.

I didn't pull the head or anything, I just pose it to get the angle and whatever I want for the shot and however it ends up, I just go with it, though if I find it too unflattering I'll look into something else.

Hey, Maul.
How´d you got the shotgun rested on his shoulder so well?
Mine´s 2mm in the air over it...

It's tricky, you can't really get it to just lay on his shoulder, but, with the right manipulation, you can work his arm and hand well enough to get nice photos, but on display it probably wouldn't look very good. You can also use his head position agains the rifle to sort of keep it in place.

My personal photography isn't geared towards showing just what the figure is capable of, I'm trying to just get nice images, so I'll use tricks to make the shot work but the result won't necessarily be something that works for display. Another example, my bike shots, I folded up a figure shirt and tucked it under the T-800's rear to lean him forward enough to hold the handle bars. With the right camera angle and lighting, you don't know that, but, to display him on the bike, you'd have to have that ugly fix happening or have him look awkward on the bike.

I do try to share with people when I do something that isn't possible outside of setting up a photo just so they wont' be let down when they can't do it with the figure.

Hey maul, great pics!! what program do you use if you dont mind me asking? is it photo shop?

Well, the theatrical poster and movie stills were done with Photoshop, the rest is just straight photography.

That's the 12" one. The regular version is half of both their size and looks amazing. I also think people are praising the NECA sculpt, not the final production figure with the paint.

Yes, the people actually discussing comparsion between the two are hitting upon things like likeness and overall body proportions, not so much the overall quality or appearance, and I believe it's reasonable to discuss that, as great as HT's figure is, comparing it to Arnold out of the movie, there are things that can be found to be off, and you could find that another manufacturer gets those things right and discuss it.

The key is, discussing it, having a civil conversation and making comments to actually have a point.

Spamming a thread with nonsensical posts just to harass people on the other hand is not cool and will be punished.

The neck and head attachment look seamless here

One thing I've found having this in hand, the neck is well sculpted, some of the shots before he started shipping where the neck and head blend looked ugly or goofy were because if you don't manipulate the head and the neck piece inside the rubber neck just right, it can leave awkwarkd shapes and look like the head isn't properly attached on the neck.

It's perspective. You can easily make a high-end figure look like ass to fake an inferior figure looking better, and vice versa.

That's what I love about photography, it's all about presentation, doesn't matter the subject, with the right resources you can find a way to present any subject in a flattering way, but, each subject has to be approached differently and that's a lot of fun to, finding what favors each unique subject.

Oh and I'm sure you're well aware that the NECA version's sunglasses don't come off, right?

I've heard people say they do and done it, but on mine, they're glued on and aren't coming off without possibly breaking them or leaving a mark on the figure head.

Question about the collar mod - Did you all cut the collar loose at the lapels and the back? I'm finding it pretty hard to get the wire around...

That's what I love about photography, it's all about presentation, doesn't matter the subject, with the right resources you can find a way to present any subject in a flattering way, but, each subject has to be approached differently and that's a lot of fun to, finding what favors each unique subject.

I liked your old Sig better, showing the evolution of T-800. :(

Nope, in fact I'd say leaving those ties probably helps keep the wire in place.

Not sure how thick the wire you're using is, I just took a pretty standard paperclip and I had to go a little slow feeding it through but I didn't have any trouble.

I liked your old Sig better, showing the evolution of T-800. :(

I might switch it up again, even though the 1/6 Sideshow figure had room for improvement, I have always loved my LSB and think it looks great.

That or HT just needs to get off their butts and put out the next T-800 so I can do it with shots of their figures.

Back