Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love how some are asking how a T-800 works, when you have something like a T-1000 that seems to work by magical force.

Another example, how anything liquid that be blown apart and reform can run computed processes is very perplexing, but, if you just accept it and enjoy the story, then it's awesome.

Another example, how anything liquid that be blown apart and reform can run computed processes is very perplexing, but, if you just accept it and enjoy the story, then it's awesome.

I agree, the best answer I found was Nanomachines, but in the end I just excepted it works because that's what the movie dictates

When the T-1000 is in liquid metal mode how does it grip the T-800s arm with enough strength to swing him around by it? Is only the outer layer 'liquid' with the inside already forming a solid core? If so is this also how it can stand up without gravity bringing it splashing to the ground?

Man if you can't even dream up shiet in story telling (and hence movies) we really would not evolve as that is driven by imagination.

When the T-1000 is in liquid metal mode how does it grip the T-800s arm with enough strength to swing him around by it? Is only the outer layer 'liquid' with the inside already forming a solid core? If so is this also how it can stand up without gravity bringing it splashing to the ground?

What does it matter??? Hence the word "movie"

I'm unsure about the uncertainty to how the terminators skin is attached to the endoskeleton and how his lips can work etc. All you have to do is look at our own skeletons.... you'd never believe those abstract shaped frames made out of solid bone were inside us if you didn't know. It's just two different forms of skeleton :)

Despite the overall film quality, the visuals were still pretty cool in terms of designs.

Unlike some fellow freaks on this board I really loved T3, I loved the look and feel of the movie including the visuals TX and the wimpy looking John Connor.

Hey are they re-using the same mold for the hand gun as The Comedian, cause they are both 1911s. Hot Toys should update the mold it seems like the same one from their early military figures, its not very detailed

HT_T2_T800_PR19.jpg

Watchmen_TheComedian_PR14.jpg

Also Comedian needs to give that grenade launcher back to T800 :D

I'm unsure about the uncertainty to how the terminators skin is attached to the endoskeleton and how his lips can work etc. All you have to do is look at our own skeletons.... you'd never believe those abstract shaped frames made out of solid bone were inside us if you didn't know. It's just two different forms of skeleton :)

I understand. It's an afterthought I had while looking at the incredible pix of the T-800 figure.

Humans use our brains, nervous system and muscles to make even the most simple of gestures. However, the Terminators only seem to have a metal skeleton, muscle and skin. Thus, spurring my curiosity as to how it's able to translate its "thoughts" into expressions.
Anyways, I already got my answer.

HEAD.jpg

At least the Marcus Endo seems to have taken facial muscles into consideration:

marcus+face1.jpg.jpg

Sorry for going a bit OT.

uh oh do i see a Dutch neck again in some of those pics???? HMMMMMMMM....... I wonder

From what I see the head looks different to the Dutch figure.

If you look at Dutch, the Head sculpt sits on the neck
Hottoysmajoralanduthschaefer02.jpg

The T-800's jaw fit's around the neck so you can only see the joint at the back, and I think this will negate giraffe neck
HT_T2_T800_PR05.jpg

Crap as the film was do you not think you'd have a hard time passing on the battledamaged version from the very end of the film?

Not even slightly tempted... horrid movie and I would want no reminders of it in my collection. Much like anything past the original Robocop would also be dismissed.

Is there any reason I should wait to preorder this at Sideshow instead of Toy Square?

Is there any reason I should wait to preorder this at Sideshow instead of Toy Square?

Well do you live in either Canada or the U.S.? Toys2 (for the most part) is faster than Sideshow but located in Canada. Sideshow is located in the U.S. As of right now there is no sign of an exclusive either so ......

If Hot Toys did a T3 arnold with browning machine gun and casket, i would probally bite the bullet on that release.

Back