Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been done on Dutch but his hair was cropped closer to a buzz cut so not as spikey.

Even the Dutch head, as nice as the hair looks, has the strands in a swept back type sculpture, these strangs look straight up and individual ones showing, really unlike any attempt at spiked hair I've ever seen on any product.

PICT1685copy.jpg

Damn that looks REAL! It doesn't look like a figure at all. No way a DX could improve on that. That's the BEST Arnold likeness ever.

A great likeness. I have both Dx Joker and Batman and they are simply amazing pieces with top-notch accessories. I wouldn't antcipate a Dx version to improve the sculpt but add battle damage version. Much like Marcus have clean and battle-damaged sculpt of Arnie while increasing accessories and improving the base. Worse case, HT decides no Dx version and I pick this up later.

OMG saw it in person. Here is his take. Thanks OMG!

The face paint is not as impressive as the official pics, but may be is the bad lighting, legs is a bit too long. I took a long hard look at the it's neck, seem like HT is using the rubber Dutch torso add a new pair of PVC arms and the X'mas VIP gift new TT lower half body on the T800

I pro-order it, $120 is a good deal:naughty

Where do I pre-order from a trustable site? I really dont want to miss out on this guy.

A great likeness. I have both Dx Joker and Batman and they are simply amazing pieces with top-notch accessories. I wouldn't antcipate a Dx version to improve the sculpt but add battle damage version. Much like Marcus have clean and battle-damaged sculpt of Arnie while increasing accessories and improving the base. Worse case, HT decides no Dx version and I pick this up later.

Where can I get this?

Where can I get this?

You can pre-order the clean Arnold T-800 a number of places. It depends how soon you want it, at what cost and if you want to pay a re-stocking fee (if you decide to cancel the order).

I will pre-order from Sideshow Toy: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/
It will come later than some but less cost and no re-stocking fee. You have to subscribe to their newsletter and it will be up for pre-order Thursday evening.

Toys2: https://www.toys2.net/home.php has a good rep on these boards and usually gets the item sooner than other distributor's. The cost may be a little more and you have to check on the re-stocking fee but it is available now for pre-order (I think).

It does look friggin amazing, but he looks like really young. Personally I think the HT Dutch head looks more like Arnie than this one, but that's just my personal opinion, will probably still grab this one.

Really young? Other people said he looks too wrinkled. How opinions differ.

Are people seriously saying this doesn't look like Arnold, when you got a thread with 5 pages discussing the frikkin hair you know we are struggling to find something wrong with the rest of the sculpt

Accurate hair is as important as an accurate T-shirt. I don't understand how some people have been so dismissive about the issue. Incidentally I am now happy enough with the hair after seeing MaulFan's selection of screengrabs showing that his hair did indeed look like this in some parts of the film. However getting the hair right is important and is worthy of taking up 5 pages. Why not?

Imagine this sculpt ripped back with part of a chrome endoskull revealed. That's gonna be so insane.

Thinking about that makes me wonder about the scale again. Something tells me the existing HT endoskull would not 'fit inside' this Arnie head.

Getting this is really a no brainer.

So what's everyone's thoughts about a Hot Toys T1? Do you think it will happen? I would f-ing love them to do that figure.

I think at the moment, T1 is a 50/50 shot. It seems pretty likely as they had T1 T-800 in their poll on their site, though they also had T:S Kyle Reese which has about no shot of being made. Terminator is also one of their better selling liceneses. However, T1 also has no likeness rights covered under the film licenses, so with Dutch and this new figure setting precedent for having Arnold's likeness, like Dutch, Hot Toys would also have to involve his company in the process to make any T-1 T-800s with his likeness. Whether that stops them from doing it, who knows, but it coudl be a factor. I don't think we'll see anything from T1 or T3 until T2's exhausted though.

Back