Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You won't notice most of the freckles in person, an the few you can see adds realism. Obviously in most of the photos available of this figure is magnified much closer than what you'll see in-hand.

It's not only the magnification, but the lighting too. Most of my Wolverine shots didn't really show that effect on him but a few, the camera happened to show them more.

Definitely, you can't really notice it in hand, I actually didn't realize it was on Wolverine until my shots, under most circumstances, the overall effect is a nice, varied skin tone.

DX Please. . .
terminator.jpg

terminator-pub01-thumb.jpg

If they did the T1 T-800 as a DX with 2 outfits, I hope Hot Toys would put out a body that could be bought... otherwise I would have to buy two damn figures so that both looks could be represented on the shelves

Likely one of the FEW proposed options for a DX figure that the PERS system would actually enhance.

Until they do it and people complain becuase his eyes are too open, as HT sculpts them wider to maximize PERS usage, people complained about it on Batman and if they do it on an Arnie and make his eyes too open it'll probably be even worse.

I agree as well. Arnold's "hero" T-800 portrail(sp?) IMO is more iconic to me, plus the whole ending scene with Arnold being melted away pulled on my heart strings when I was younger. ( I was 6-9 years old when I saw it the first time)

You watched that movie over the span of 3 years? Wowee! :wink1:

Until they do it and people complain becuase his eyes are too open, as HT sculpts them wider to maximize PERS usage, people complained about it on Batman and if they do it on an Arnie and make his eyes too open it'll probably be even worse.

Especially since he has a more squinted determined look as opposed to wide-eyed suprise.

____ those whiners. Some people will just never be happy. If everyone else critiqued those idiots as much as they critique these figures, suicide would increase and the world would be a happier place. :lol

Especially since he has a more squinted determined look as opposed to wide-eyed suprise.

Yeah, I'd take PERS anyway with squinty Arnie eyes, I wouldn't care, but HT seems to sculpt the eyes to give more places to move the eyes too with the PERS, which, as far as adding PERS, makes sense, but, if it means making eyes that don't necessarily suit the character, it's not a good idea. However, the first 3 DX figures have been characters where you can get away with wider eyes, even if it's not everyone's ideal, so maybe on a character where you really would do injustice to be that wide eyed, they'll stay true to the character eyes.

Yeah, I'd take PERS anyway with squinty Arnie eyes, I wouldn't care, but HT seems to sculpt the eyes to give more places to move the eyes too with the PERS, which, as far as adding PERS, makes sense, but, if it means making eyes that don't necessarily suit the character, it's not a good idea. However, the first 3 DX figures have been characters where you can get away with wider eyes, even if it's not everyone's ideal, so maybe on a character where you really would do injustice to be that wide eyed, they'll stay true to the character eyes.

Which I think will be the case anyway.

____ those whiners. Some people will just never be happy. If everyone else critiqued those idiots as much as they critique these figures, suicide would increase and the world would be a happier place. :lol

:lecture Less people on the freeway! Also PERS works on some characters but not on the Terminator IMO. I can't wait for the perpetual T1 Ahnuld, maybe they'll pull a Marcus Wright and release enough outfits and accessories so you can choose which dolly to dress up? Awesome.

I hope so, like I said, they haven't done a character yet where going wide-eyed was totally wrong for the figure.

I'd think people would want the eyes fairly like this.

terminator.jpg

Which is probably 1/2 - 2/3 the open space of the current PERS style eyes.

maybe they'll pull a Marcus Wright and release enough outfits and accessories so you can choose which dolly to dress up? Awesome.

Nah, being Arnold and T1, they can and probably will just put out multiple figures and make more money, unless the likeness fees and approvals are a pain, then maybe they'd try an all in one sort of thing to minimize that, but otherwise, i forsee multiples.

:lecture Less people on the freeway! Also PERS works on some characters but not on the Terminator IMO. I can't wait for the perpetual T1 Ahnuld, maybe they'll pull a Marcus Wright and release enough outfits and accessories so you can choose which dolly to dress up? Awesome.

Remember the garage scene? It would absolutely work, especially on the T1 T-800. Hell, it'd work even better on a battle damaged T-800 head.

Back