Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do wonder how it could happen. I've had my John Connor earpiece in pretty much the whole time I've had him, months now, and there's been no problem with that.

I do wonder how it could happen. I've had my John Connor earpiece in pretty much the whole time I've had him, months now, and there's been no problem with that.

Well, I do know that unless there's suddenly a ton of instances where the glasses are leaving some sort of mark on the T-800's head during the next month while I'm waiting for mine I'll continue to plan to display it with glasses on. It's silly to spend 150-200 bucks on a figure that you can't even display as intended.

Head is made with some kind of PVC, is just the sun glasses was painted in black, and those paint might get stick to the HS surface (nose), that's why I dont put sun glasses on my Blade/Wesker/T-800, just to be safe

Yes, I got the same problem with my Wesker.

Hadn't heard about the sunglasses issue... good to be aware. Although I really prefer that look for him so I guess I'll just have to risk it.

Bought 2 of these, going with the same plan as MaulFan and am going to display one as Biker version and box one until theres news about a BD T-800 to create a cyberdyne version.

Thanks bud. :)

Are you getting him? Look forward to your pics if so.

Yes. I'm getting it. I think i'm going to forgo all other licences incase this line becomes very expensive (I'll probably cave in and get the Avatar ones as well though if they are good). T1 and T2 combined could be 10 or more figures. It looks like at least £1300 if I get suckered into buying all their T1 and T2 figures.

John connor's earpiece isnt painted is it, I thought it was just sculpted black plastic?

I can't believe they'd paint them, what's the point of that.

They cast the glasses in clear or semi-clear plastic and then paint the frames opaque. Same thing they all do for goggles. Has anyone thought of a little dab of clear gloss over the paint? Should solve the bleed problem. Or clear finger nail polish?

Cheers guys! Got mine from hk_apestore on eBay Eamon. VERY good seller as ever and he often gives me free stuff. Got an Hot Toys Iron Man badge with this! :rock

Jack, that sculpt looks ACE on that body.

100_5136.jpg

100_5137.jpg

soooo awesome! 4 kickin figs right there! where's that Joker head come from? never seen that one

Damn I'm really excited about trying the body swap with Dutch now. It'll be great for Dutch if it works, and I'm probably going for a straightforward pose on one of my T-800s anyway so the limited Dutch-body articulation won't matter.

And at least for the torso the Dutch body will make a better nude Arnie for taking photos from the time displacement portal scene. Hope the T-800 head will fit it properly and that the skin tones will match. Theres a few variables to think about so it may not work.

Back