Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this on pre-order! What a feeling.

Getting a shipping notice would be an even better feeling, and take the box out of the delivery man's hand would be better still, and getting the figure out of the box to enjoy would be the best feeling of all :rock Sadly those won't happening for probably at least another month.

Hmm do you peeps think there's a chance they will redo Arnie from the first film? Don't like the battle damaged head sculpt HT done.

But if it makes you feel better to pamper yourself by calling me being a realist, a narcissistic tunnel visioned individual so that you don't have to address your blind fanatical bromance, so be it. :huh

I just want to note that I never called you a realist. :)

Can you post that, I haven't caught anything confirming T1.
I think it is in that same interview where they supposedly announced Linda Hamilton and Reeve Superman.

Getting a shipping notice would be an even better feeling, and take the box out of the delivery man's hand would be better still, and getting the figure out of the box to enjoy would be the best feeling of all :rock Sadly those won't happening for probably at least another month.

China or US release?

I'm hoping for begining of April for China/Hong Kong release but maybe I'm dreaming.

I can't find it here but I saved the text when it was originally posted:

1) Howard, JC and Yulli love Arnie and T2 so much, they are going full force on this line.

2) HT found a 3D Arnie body scan from T2 and used that as reference for the body sculpt but slimmed down a bit in order to fit the cloth (rubber torso and PVC arms)

3) The head sculpt is pretty much final

4) Sarah Connor, T1000, different versions of T-800 and Endoskeleton are coming soon

5) An ALL NEW T1 LINE also coming soon

6) Hot Toys has no interest in doing the T3 line

The T-1000 was more magic than plausible technology. You just really have to suspend your disbelief with that one.

Watching that scene where they duke it out in the hallway, I couldn't buy the T-1000 moving the T-800 at it's whim.

Really? I always thought he could throw Arnie around with just the look on his face. RPatz (that actually works!) also captured a very Terminator facial appearance IMO.

Robert Patrick didnt have a problem wopping Arnolds as did he? ;)

Think in terms of seeing it for the first time when it came out in 1984. The first time people saw it, they had no idea what a Terminator was or how tough to beat it was or it's capabilities, you basically start with just this big massive guy that looks ready to kill anything, so without knowing what a Terminator is, Arnold's build still conveys a threat, even as just a person he would. Take someone like Lance, and until you really establish the strength and unstoppable qualities over the course of the entire movie, you don't have the same intimidation. By the time you see the whole movie, yes, you know it's an unstoppable machine, and by T2, we knew Terminators were hard to defeat machines, so Robert vs. Arnie was different because there's more fantasy in the matchup, you know they're both Terminators fighting each other so even with size differences, being Skynet's machines is enough to believe size doesn't matter in that fight, and it didn't.

The T-1000 was more magic than plausible technology. You just really have to suspend your disbelief with that one.

Kinda makes you think they should have named it the T-5000 rather than merely '1000'. But there are fan suggestions that the T-1000 could be incorporating alien technology or one I've just thought of - perhaps the T-1000 was developed from technology that came from even further in the future than 2029. The same kind of predestination paradox as happened in T1 - seemingly existing only because it came back from the future.

m285.jpg

You don't really get a sense of scale or a real look at how the figure will look in hand from the official HT shots. These new ones are really making the figure look impressive, up until now we've had badly lit photos from behind a display and one small pic with it infront of the HT painters and sculpters which looked awesome by the way.

The next step is for it to ship but more pics like that will do. :)

Back