Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/QsogswrH6ck&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/QsogswrH6ck&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Well, I'm not a Henriksen fanboy either. He's great in what he does and in most cases fun to watch, but hardly Hollywood's go-to golden boy. :rolleyes:

I was more referring to the idea of say Lou Ferrigno being cast all along and had he done motions like Arnold, it would have have the same effect, someone trying to exactly mirror the way Arnie's body looks doing those motions will never look the same because it's two different bodies, no matter how similar, it won't look the same.

:lol No. The extent of Lou's acting ability is "Growl and flex!" He was perfectly cast as the Hulk. Don't get me wrong, I love Lou, but he would've failed as a Terminator.

Well, I'm not a Henriksen fanboy either. He's great in what he does and in most cases fun to watch, but hardly Hollywood's go-to golden boy. :rolleyes:
WTF?

Seriously though, one of the most under-rated actors out there. He shouldn't be starring in crappy DTV fare (though that is actually one of the better Seagal DTV efforts).

Its really hard for us fanboys to be impartial.
For us Arnold is The Terminator. I'm sure there are other actors that would have done an equally good impression on us.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/QsogswrH6ck&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/QsogswrH6ck&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Beg Lebowski FTW!

For the cheap seats, it basically means that while I can appreciate an actor's talents, I'm not so blinded by bromance as to not know their limitations. :lol
Oh, so you can be objectively detached about stuff you like or don't like, but others can't? Gimme a break :lol

The fact that you like something automatically creates a bias. Again, deny this all you want if it makes you feel better, but no one is immune to it.

Oh, so you can be objectively detached about stuff you like or don't like, but others can't? Gimme a break :lol

The fact that you like something automatically creates a bias. Again, deny this all you want if it makes you feel better, but no one is immune to it.

Not really. Despite me liking something, I can still view it objectively. It's basically my job. :lol

If you say so. I guess my job is being comfortable enough in my skin to accept the limits of rational objectivity. It also isn't to go around assuming that my "super-human ability" in this area would give me the right to assign judgment to all others as if I were some delusional youngster with no empathic ability.

If you say so. I guess my job is being comfortable enough in my skin to accept the limits of rational objectivity. It also isn't to go around assuming that my "super-human ability" in this area would give me the right to assign judgment to all others as if I were some delusional youngster with no empathic ability.

Think about this for a second. You're basically butthurt over me saying Henrikson isn't A-list Hollywood material and I couldn't buy him as the Terminator in T1. Then reread your quoted post. :lol

You misunderstand. I could care less what you or anyone else says. I was stating my point of view. I know Henriksen isn't an A-list actor, and we disagree over whether he could be an effective Terminator though your opinion is (in my view) just as biased and irrational as mine. Probably because you like Arnold so much in the role. At least I am able to "imagine" someone else in the role, which you claim not to be able to do. Who is being more biased here?

But again, you're applying simplistic motivations to my posts because you have an inability to see anything beyond the narcissistic tunnel vision that colors your world view. Sorry. :D

You misunderstand. I could care less what you or anyone else says. I was stating my point of view. I know Henriksen isn't an A-list actor, and we disagree over whether he could be an effective Terminator though your opinion is (in my view) just as biased and irrational as mine. Probably because you like Arnold so much in the role. At least I am able to "imagine" someone else in the role, which you claim not to be able to do. Who is being more biased here?

But again, you're applying simplistic motivations to my posts because you have an inability to see anything beyond the narcissistic tunnel vision that colors your world view. Sorry. :D

:lol I think the role was tailor made for Arnold to play, much the same way I think the Indy movies were for Ford, Dirty Harry movies for Eastwood, Hell Boy for Perlman and just about every movie Al Pachino's been in (where he's played Al Pachino as "____"). If it makes you feel better, and to prove my point, I think Arnold would've sucked as Bishop or as Frank Black in Millennium or just about any of the other roles Henriksen excelled in. But if it makes you feel better to pamper yourself by calling me being a realist, a narcissistic tunnel visioned individual so that you don't have to address your blind fanatical bromance, so be it. :huh

I would say Arnie owns the Terminator role in T1 and T2 but in T3 I just think he was a major caricature of himself - some would say thats as much true of T2, could be I'm just wearing nostalgia goggles but I don't think so.

In T1 its his size in combination with his unique face that really sells it for me. It really put across a feeling of 'Holy crap, how does poor Reese stand a chance against that'.

In T2 I think it was a great reversal to have a Terminator who was smaller than him but who could nevertheless kick his ass - they could have got some guy even bigger than Arnie, which is what is usually done, so it was interesting to have our expectations thrown like that. Of course, it was a novelty in T2, but no longer so in T3 - seeing a woman beating up Arnie just seemed like silliness really.

Thankfully Cameron came around to that too, he would have been a so-so Reese, and if it were Arnold as Reese against Lance as the T-800, that would have been really weird :lol

Henriksen would've been out. I think Cameron would've cast a protagonist who looked more threatening against Arnold if that'd been the case and Schwarzenegger had kept the role of Kyle.

Well I believe Cameron acknowledged that as part of his realization to change Arnold to be the T-800, that Arnold looks so unstoppable, it serves better for the villain to look unstoppable rather than the hero. Which is favorable for Arnie over Lance. If it had been Lance vs. Biehn, it'd be hard to believe that Reese couldn't stop the T-800.

Back