Hot Toys - MMS 109 - 1/6 scale Astro Boy collectible figure spec +hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the kind words Wookster. Yes, creech, the ball on the jet is fixed, can't do anything on that end.
I could have tried pliers, but I didn't have the nerve to. I always try to avoid everything that can damage the figure, even on parts that cannot be seen. But with some form of protection on the pliers, it should work. Might give it a try tomorrow.
At least now I know that it's an easy operation!

I wanted to take some pictures in a flying pose too, but I couldn't get the jets on. You have to take off the feet to put on the jets. When I pulled off the first foot, the wrong side of the ball joint came loose, and I just couldn't get the rest of the joint out of the leg. So... no flying Astro Boy!

Best way of getting ball joints out when they are in the wrong section is to slip it between the prongs of a fork and lever out.

Be careful though, works a charm.

I might have to pick this up soon, my little boy has become Astro Boy mad lately :lol

I finally saw the new movie today, took the girls to a morning kids club showing at the local flea pit. Have to admit we all loved it.
Not a great movie, but certainly a good one!

Hey,has anyone had any problems with creases left on shorts after certain poses?I had left mine posed with his one leg bent at the hip toward its body for about a couple of weeks and when i placed it back to normal position there was a crease on the shorts.It's been about 3 weeks now and the crease is still there,don't know what to do.Does anyone know how to fix this?THANK YOU!

Actually Hot Toys warns you about possible creases in the shorts. Unfortunately I don't think there is anything that can be done about it.

Hey Deak,THANX!You're right it's in the instruction booklet that comes with the figure.I never read those things but i guess i should start.I did notice one thing though that i have him on his display stand with the holder around his waist above his shorts and that when i removed it, some of the finish went with it so everyone becareful with that.

hot toys - astro boy

I looked up a thread for this but didn't find it, anywho here's a pic of him

some fun with the gantry

DSCI0529.jpg

DSCI0530.jpg

DSCI0531.jpg

DSCI0532.jpg

DSCI0534.jpg

DSCI0535.jpg

DSCI0536.jpg

Re: hot toys - astro boy

I looked up a thread for this but didn't find it, anywho here's a pic of him

some fun with the gantry

DSCI0531.jpg

What's going on here? I can hear a voice on the loud speaker saying "Attention all staff, Evacuation is complete!"

Back