Hot Toys - MMS 109 - 1/6 scale Astro Boy collectible figure spec +hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Lonnie are we the only two who ordered this thing? :lol I saw the movie and liked it. :monkey2

I have one on the way, but I just had some stuff shipped, the vinyl sleeping Astro is on his way, but this guy will have to wait a while... sigh!

So Lonnie are we the only two who ordered this thing? :lol I saw the movie and liked it. :monkey2

I have one on the way, but I just had some stuff shipped, the vinyl sleeping Astro is on his way, but this guy will have to wait a while... sigh!

I've had the vinyl for a few weeks... love it! And can't wait for the figure. It should be charging tomorrow. I still haven't had a chance to see the movie, but will be picking up the DVD (maybe BD) soon. Wook, I think you will really like the vinyl figure.

Looks true to the source material. Never read any of the books or watched the movie (doesn't look like anyone else did either. . . )

I was really disappointed with the movie, they tried for a pixar like vibe and fell well short. The Astro I remember from the 80's cartoon just wasn't there at all. Plus the end scene was..... Won't spoil, just don't get too excited.

Don't get me wrong - the fig looks nice, but I'd need an angry/yelling face sculpt for a purchase.

I've had the vinyl for a few weeks... love it! And can't wait for the figure. It should be charging tomorrow. I still haven't had a chance to see the movie, but will be picking up the DVD (maybe BD) soon. Wook, I think you will really like the vinyl figure.

Cool, should be here today, and I'm hoping to take the kids to see the movie soon.

I received the figure today. At first, I was suprised that the figure was so tall, but after a while it became clear to me, it's the big head that makes it appear that way. The X-ray eyes feature is pretty cool, and it's it's particularly nice that it is so easy to activate - unlike much other HT figures that require fiddling with up to three different small switches before all lights work! It is a nice figure, looks just like the production pictures. Quality all the way. Nice box also. There's no question, HT delivered!

BUT...
I also have to say that it's not the Astro Boy I've known for years and years. This one is a modern, slick version of a classic, overhauled for the movie. That was clear from the beginning.

Thanks for the info Alice, I didn't grow up with Astro Boy but I was one of the three people that liked the film. I am curious to see what the old toon was like. I also picked up the VCD from HT, that's also pretty nice. I pick mine up on Saturday.

Out for a while across the pond. In the states they're just hitting, I heard from my local shop the shipping hit a snag. For reals, boat problems of some sort.

Out for a while across the pond. In the states they're just hitting, I heard from my local shop the shipping hit a snag. For reals, boat problems of some sort.

Wow, only just coming out in the states? That's quite a delay; it was released late Feb in HK if I'm not mistaken.

I try to put up some pictures today.

Amazon & DeepDiscount have the original Astro Boy series for sale as a DVD box for very little money if someone might be interested.

My vinyl statue review should be up soon, and I'm reviewing the figure straight after the BD Iron Man figure (which I'm doing now).
I think he's pretty darn cool-

astrox2.jpg

astrogroup4.jpg

astrogroup2.jpg

astrogroup3.jpg

I wanted to take some pictures in a flying pose too, but I couldn't get the jets on. You have to take off the feet to put on the jets. When I pulled off the first foot, the wrong side of the ball joint came loose, and I just couldn't get the rest of the joint out of the leg. So... no flying Astro Boy!

Same thing happened with me, but they pop out real easy with a pair of needle nosed pliers, great pics by the way, realy nice.

Back