Hot Toys - MMS 109 - 1/6 scale Astro Boy collectible figure spec +hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please someone forward onto HT for a second head.

Although doesn't his eyes light up??

Someone asked on their Facebook page if there was a angry face for Astro Boy:
Quote:
Hot Toys Nope...He is a very peaceful young hero.

I haven't seen the new movie so I don't really know the current take, but I'd love a "determined" expresion for Astro. That's how I always think of this brave boy robot. Facial expression aside, great looking figure for a very iconic anime hero. Hope the movie comes out as well as the figure.

Well the sculpt is pretty accurate to the film
Astro-Boy1.jpg

Man I really wish he came with the clothes he starts out with

010509_astroboy7.jpg

I just shown my friend a photo of this and said its the new hot toys figure.
He had a puzzled look on his face and said " pinocchio ? ".

:lol

It looks like an awesome figure. :rock

Nice figure, just not a $100+ 1/6 figure. its a regular action figure and there are too many other toy makers (mostly japanese ones) can produce the same for way less money. Not to mention tons of accessories. HT needs to try harder.

I just shown my friend a photo of this and said its the new hot toys figure.
He had a puzzled look on his face and said " pinocchio ? ".

:lol

It looks like an awesome figure. :rock

Funnily enough Astro shares a lot of story elements with Pinocchio. It's said Kubrick was influenced by the stories of both for his ideas on Ai.

This figure looks great. I am a huge fan of Tetsuwan Atom and even though he does not have the cartoon/manga I am very impressed. This makes me hopeful for more Japanese licenses like Dragonball, a Goku in this style would be a must.
Like all Hot Toys offerings I am in awe and really want to buy it. Can't wait to see more.

Is anything under $100 anymore???? :(

Matrix Sentinel, ALIEN vinyl figure.........but in terms of actual 1/6 scale figures, the Mars Attacks! ones are about the same size as Astro Boy and they cost $100 - $115. So it is possible AB will be about $100.

I'm thrilled that Gatchaman is coming, but good lord, my poor wallet never had a chance...

I'd like to see a B&W version of Astro Boy. With all the variations HT spits out these days, I wonder if that could happen?

The stand is an interesting departure for HT....no plaque, clear figure holder ala Medicom...I'm not sure I like it. This is will probably pass on but I'm interested in the "sleeping" Astroboy vinyl figure on the horizon.

1b12511162724a9284f0cdb.jpg

That's so Awesome I almost Cried. :monkey2 MEMORIES
I wish the figure came with more expressions.

Back