Hot Toys - MMS 107 - MARS ATTACKS! - 1/6th scale Martian Soldier spec and hi-res pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i use various mixes of acrylics. Mostly the model ones that come in tiny glass jars, but occasional artists ones in tubes too. watered down or thinned with 'flow enhancer'. Also dry brushing, and washes wiped around and dabbed with my fingers to get whatever effects I'm after. (and I do this on my human faces too, all of them)

23774340.jpg

23148450.jpg

75355267.jpg

17343391.jpg

95812142.jpg

To anyone who hasn't seen these in the flesh (plastic?). They look very cool in reality. Much better than any pic i've seen. Dunno, might be because of the garish colors. I really don't see the need to repaint, except for fun obviously...

To anyone who hasn't seen these in the flesh (plastic?). They look very cool in reality. Much better than any pic i've seen. Dunno, might be because of the garish colors. I really don't see the need to repaint, except for fun obviously...

I agree completely, I'm sure people will make them look even better with a repaint, but they don't need it. Just very funny figures to mess with, they get a lot of comments from people who don't usually even notice my figures a bit like the Enterbay Bean did.

But I warn you, when handling the Ambassador there is a little 'glitter' transference from his robes, nothing major, but worth being aware off. My wife gave me a funny look yesterday as I had red glitter on forehead, I assured her it wasn't a Valentine gesture, but merely that I had been handling my Martian Ambassador... and no that is NOT a euphemism!

My wife gave me a funny look yesterday as I had red glitter on forehead, I assured her it wasn't a Valentine gesture, but merely that I had been handling my Martian Ambassador... and no that is NOT a euphemism!

Oh, that's just become part of my vocabulary! Gold.:D

But I warn you, when handling the Ambassador there is a little 'glitter' transference from his robes, nothing major, but worth being aware off. My wife gave me a funny look yesterday as I had red glitter on forehead, I assured her it wasn't a Valentine gesture, but merely that I had been handling my Martian Ambassador... and no that is NOT a euphemism!

Well in that case I'm not going to ask anything about his helmet being too big.

There are 2 or 3 threads around the forum so the pics are spread out a bit, I think I posted mine in the Ambassador thread.

Here's a couple anyway.
Dsc01814.jpg

Dsc01811.jpg

Back