Hot Toys - MMS 107 - MARS ATTACKS! - 1/6th scale Martian Soldier spec and hi-res pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do,nt like the box and paxkaging..looks kinda cheap or old!!.. They are the worst hottoys packaging ever seen :monkey4

Hot Toys packaging designers are geniuses. I love the retro 50's vibe this packaging brings. This line is an epic pass for me but i think they've hit a home run ... again. Whoever buys these figures wont be disappointed imo

I think some people are missing the point on the package and figure deco. If you're a fan of these guys you will appreciate these aesthetic decisions.

Hot Toys packaging designers are geniuses. I love the retro 50's vibe this packaging brings. This line is an epic pass for me but i think they've hit a home run ... again. Whoever buys these figures wont be disappointed imo

Hot Toys packaging is never less than spectacular and I look forward to the first shots of the packaging every bit as much as those of the figures themselves.Ca nt WAIT to see what they done for the T-800 and Iron Man 2.It s the same school of thought as Major Matt Mason and Ideals Captain Action my favourite packaging of all-time.

Only 4 pages on this since July? Other figures get up to 30 pages in 24 hours. Goes to show what a niche audience these figures have. Strange one for Hot Toys to pick up..unless Mars Attacks is massively popular in places other than the US and Europe.

Wait till Sideshow ships their's. I have mine on order through them. Still waiting.

I think they look great!

Man the paint on the faces looks horrible. Way too vibrant. Not subtle at all! It looks like they got spray painted in the face :(

Yeah, it does look that way... The rest looks great, the bubble looks exceptionally good (apart from the seam) so shiny!

The eyes and mouth give these little guys so much character, love it.

I have to say that the packaging is brilliant in design - the retro feel is great- someone said Major Matt Mason - and that's a perfect analogy.

I also don't think the paint is too vibrant - the color on the movie characters was about the same it seems.

Wow, window boxes? Is this a first for Hot Toys? Certainly haven't had windows in any of the other Movie Masterpiece line, have they (without a sleeve or flap cover)? Those don't make the figures look like they are as good as the price tag, do they?

I do like that each line has its own style though.

They turned out fantastic, loving the whole package... hope we get a Martian girl as well.

Yeah the packaging has a great retro feel which totally suits these guys.

And I wouldn't say the paint is vibrant, but that's it's applied a bit thickly. It's only the yellow spots though.

Can't wait to get these little guys.

The packaging does look great, but what the hell happened to the figure's paint job?? It's horrendous, the pink from the temples/gills on the proto now covers almost the entire front of the face, it's look awful. I'm so disappointed, I really wanted these figures.

oh these will definitely be getting their paint touched up if they look like those. Looks like he's wearing a white boxer's gumshield for crying out loud. Where's his individual teeth gone??

Its the paint on these as well as the UP VCD's. I think Hot Toys had so much on their plate that they outsourced these guys to another factory. Definitely not up to par with all their other stuff. I so hope someone will offer up some repaint services on these. Thats the only way Im buying one.

I've seen it in person yesterday, paint looks really bad far from phototype.

Last edited:
Back