Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Sandman,
Do you use "Weyland-Yutani" as an alias?
Just wondering.

Oh, and do you have some kind of vendeta against Sabs?
You are all over his a^^ in this thread and the Alien Maquette
thread?

Thanks for the tip...Dwibzle.

Anyone else smell that?

Smells like...ban.

Yummy!

I'm not picking sides or anything, but that made me laugh so hard :rofl

I like this figure, but there are some things about it that I don't think are enough like what I remember (and have seen on props), so I won't get it. Especially for over $100.

Sabres will have his vengeance once again, as always, with that cute little profile countdown right before some poor guy's bum is banned. :D

And no, he's not partial to a certain company, because he pretty much collects any and all things Alien. Take a look at his PB album. Yes, as a Xenomorph fan, he's big on accuracy. But this doesn't stop him from simply appreciating each and every representation for what it is or isn't. Honestly Sandy, none of us remotely care where you stand, because pro-HT or not, your arguments are nothing but aggressive reposts of what's been said countless times before.

While you're wondering while everyone's being so hostile with you, it all stems from that glorious first impression you made, when you attempted (emphasis on 'attempted') to put long-time members in their place when you were the new guy asking for help and most of us really did try. It's all pretty much been a downward spiral from there. I think you were the one unable to act like an adult, back then and now, so how is it fair to ask that of us?

Last edited:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This got old a looooooong time ago, but just for the sake of not leaving things unanswered...

@Sandamn:

(and no, I did not read the your post again, I'm guessing you copied and pasted most of the stuff you'd already written before)

Answer: Ignorant and lazy could be used as a description for that.

Why the need to get all personal?

The point is very simple.
Show me one single photo of the creature in Scott's film where it looks like the HT figure.
Show me one photo where the ribbing in the legs is positioned the same way as in the figure.
Show me one photo or screen cap where the face has that same chin and lower jaw as the HT figure.
Just one photo where there's the same number of teeth as in the HT figure.

Answer: The lighting, lenses and angles chosen for the shots played a huge roll in the Alien's overall appearance, that never gets given much consideration. Balaji wasn't a plastic dummy. How do you think they put the skintight suit on him. He was never glued and stitched into the suit the same way twice, etc. That tells me that you have no real idea about the practicalities of the suit, etc.

Actually, if you take a look at "Giger's Alien Book" you'll see that it was quite a straightforward suit with pants, shoes, sleeves, gloves, a chest piece and the head. There's also a few scenes in the different documentaries where you can see how the suit worked, not complicated at all.

I get that you find the HT figure to be a fine representation of the Giger alien; I don't agree with it but that's fine. I enjoy the HT figure the same way as I enjoy the McF figure: nice artist's takes on the subject.
What I don't get and really cannot fathom is that you keep insisting that you don't believe "the photos and spiels adamantly claiming that the details of the Hot Toys figure are inaccurate in some major way are correct" .

Answer: It is Giger's Alien. Anyone can recognize it as such. Nobody that was a fan of the movie would say ' what the hell is that' if you asked them on the street. Perfect, no, but nothing is, is it.

Uhm... all I'm saying is that I don't understand why you keep denying that it is inaccurate despite all the photographic evidence to the contrary. That's all. And you still have shown no evidence to support your denial. I never said it's not unmistakably "Alien".

The HT figure is a fun and cool interpretation, but you cannot seriously argue that it in some way represents some suit or props used.

Answer: I can and the post you're trying your hardest to discredit as nonsense are factual and extremely accurate. You ignore that because you want to win an argument, that's the way I see it.

How are your posts factual? I have not seen you present any evidence to support your claims, whereas I have repeatedly pointed to all the photos on this very same thread where you can see that the suit worn and the heads used are different from the HT figure.

Yes, Scott wanted it to look different from one scene to the next, to be mysterious; and yes, different suits and props had varying degrees of details and proportions, but they all sprang from one original master sculpture and they were all basically the same.

Answer: Yes, that's exactly right, so why contradict yourself and argue the facts. "The Alien was rapidly growing, ageing, changing". Not some static creature as you would have people believe.

How am I contradicting myself? I'm allowing for certain differences, but the point I'm making is that HT's figure is not accurate to any of the suits and props used.

Neither Scott nor Giger made changes to the design from one suit or prop to the next other than what the manufacturing of said suit or prop required.

Answer: Yes, they did. You don't want to acknowledge that, but it's a fact.

Again, show me where the suit's design was changed from one scene to the next. We know there was a smaller suit for the stunt man, we know there were a couple of different heads with more or less detail, but show one instance where the head had more or less teeth, or the ribbing was put in different parts, or the back of the tubes looked like female genitals. You claim you're stating facts, but as always fail to prove it.

There is no suit where the detailing/ribbing of arms and legs is positioned differently from the original sculpture.

Answer: The molding process dictated that, but you ignore what's been written, obviously having no real understanding of the methods used to mold and detail the suits, etc.

So you're saying that the molding process would make ribbing appear in the lower legs where it wasn't sculpted? Is that what I'm not understanding about the methods of molding suits? Please show me a photo of that.

There is no prop where the tubes coming out of the chin or the number of teeth are different from the original sculpture.

Answer: You are exaggerating and writing your own fantasy story to discredit well researched and documented facts as far as I and others are concerned.

How am I exaggerating? Please do show me a prop that shows those differences. Please show me these documented facts.

Yes, in the suits some fingers were fused together (NECA figure) whereas in the sculpture the fingers were splayed (Medicom figure). Sure, the mechanized head had detailed lips and tendons whereas the stunt head didn't. Indeed, Bolaji's suit had the head sit higher above the shoulders (the look on NECA figure) than the stunt double's (the look on Medicom's figure). Quite right, the dome had slight variations from one prop to the other and every company has given it a different shape...

But the point I keep trying to make is that HT just didn't do their homework well enough, they just said "screw it, it's got an elongated head, tubes in the back and an inner tongue, that's the alien right there".

Answer: It's an unmistakable great representation of the Giger Alien and nobody could mistake it for anything else. It's just your personal taste that you're trying to represent as fact. The rest is only your opinion and not fact as far as I and a number of other people are concerned. Fan generated, obsessive fantasy.

Fine, I made an off-hand remark, I accept that wholeheartedly. HT didn't say "screw it", but they did not make their homework right and put in a lot of things that weren't there and changed other things. If you don't believe it, look a t the pics of the suit and compare them to the HT figure.

And there just is no single shred of evidence to support a view that the HT figure does accurately portray any single prop or suit used in the film. Not the face, not the proportions, not the details, not even the tubes in the back! It's about as accurate as their Aliens figure...

Answer: Your views are coloured by your personal taste that you're trying to represent as fact, not by ration assessment of how what you saw in the movie was created. Everything said is researchable and well documented fact.

Hey, don't take my word for it, just look at the pictures of the suit (being worn by Bolaji Badejo) and the pics of the statue. That is more documented than your posts that always fail to show any proof.

Again, it's a nice interpretation made to today's standards of quality, detailing and pose-ability, but nothing else.

I like my HT alien, it's a nice figure, nothing less, nothing more. Certainly a nice addition to any collection.

Answer: Absolutely Ridiculous! Make you mind up! You contradict yourself in so many ways and so many places.
Accept that people see things differently from you and that you aren't right just because people don't see it your way.

Why is it ridiculous? I've never said I dislike the HT figure, I'm just saying it's not accurate. What do I have to make my mind up about?

ANSWER: Do your homework and research everything that was mentioned in the original post I posted, because as far as I'm concerned you haven't really got a clue about what you are talking about beyond the shallow unverified stuff that's been posted by other fans like you.

Stop perpetuating urban myths and childhood fantasy about the Alien as fact.

Stop harassing people that like the figure for what it is. Every time someone says the like it, you and your good buddies come along to tell them they are basically idiot's and hide behind the "I'm glad YOU like it, though" CRAP.

I don't think I'm harassing anybody, I just try to point out that the figure is not accurate when somebody says it is. If others feel harassed by that, I apologize. I find these discussions mostly fun. As far as research, I have the books, have watched the documentaries and posted pics on this and other threads, so I'd say I'm well documented.

Go and make another few thousand NECA posts while claiming to be impartial. LoL

I do believe the NECA, the Medicom and the Marmit figures/statues are more accurate, doesn't mean I don't like the HT figure or the McF figure for what they are.

Aaaaaaaannnnnnddddd here we go again! :lol

Sandman, you can say whatever you want, that is what a board is for, but every time you say something is fact, you fail to provide any proof of said "fact".
Every time I ask you to post a picture or photograph that supports your opinions that you call facts, you fail to do so. That happened the last time we had this argument and it's happening now.

Sabres, myself and others have posted photographic evidence of the suit and the props that show that the NECA and Medicom figures, and the Marmit statues are all better (although that might be deemed subjective) and more accurate representations of the Alien as designed by Giger and seen on film.
You have not posted one photo to support your claim that the HT figure is an accurate representation.

Oh, and BTW, please don't edit my posts in your answers, that is childish and rude. Don't think that your not underlining a part of your answer fooled me.
Do that again and I will report you.

Other than that, I like discussing the alien and all figures based on it, so it's all golden to me! I hope our ongoing discussion does not bother others too much.

Come on Abake...he couldn't provide proof when he was posting as Dwibzle...no reason to think he's going to start doing it now.

You're talking rubbish that just doesn't stack up, try posting what you're saying on an FX adult forums and you would be completely ignored. I've obviously offended you and you'll have to deal with that, but don't try and play the innocent and pretend that you and your buddies behavior in this thread has been anything more than trolling. You ask me to provide you with proof because you're too lazy to research the subject for yourself, you want me to write you a thesis and do all the work for you and that's not the way life works, I'm afraid.

You'll stick to your misinformation and hostile interpretation of what others wrote that like this figure to support your irrational and childish view of, what is at the end of the day, men in rubber suits from a film that was made long before you were conceived. Sorry, but it's up to you to support your argument with something a little more than with crappy undocumented photos and unsupportable assertion and supposition, inaccurate (by your own reasoning) statues and figures, etc.

If you had any experience with the topic that was discussed (not you and your buddies getting all defensive), you would understand all the dynamics of what was written, but you don't, so further 'conversation' would only erupt in further argument and foolish insults; you probably want that, though. It's pointless to continue, and why would I want to educate you anyway. Take it as a win, do a victory dance and revel in your own ignorance. Because that's what you're doing as far as I and any person that's really serious about film and special effects design are concerned. Enjoy justifying your existence with your collection and forget about everything else. Imagine the creature is real and a symbol of your life or whatever it is you do with it . . . .

Oh boy! So much for my empathetic twinges for fellow human beings who consistently fail to live up to their opposable-thumb, overdeveloped-frontal-lobe heritage. But there's room for everyone. those that do and those that don't. But don't think you boys are fooling anyone because you're good a at browbeating people on some forum. LoL! :wave

Last edited:
Honestly Dwibzle...do you really believe what you write?

We've all posted pics (which you have CONSISTENTLY failed to do) in support of our arguments.

And they're certainly not crappy pictures, these are some of the best pics you can find.

The only reason this discussion has gotten heated, is because you came into it with your butt already hurt and tried flaming some of us.

But, if your post is meant to make us feel that we've failed in any way...then you have failed miserably.

If you can't take the heat, then maybe you need to go post on the FX forums that you mentioned as this isn't one of them.
This is a collectibles forum...we talk about collectibles here. Which includes toys and statues.

To read back through many of your previous posts, just proves that your "empathetic twinges for fellow human beings who fail to live up to their opposable-thumb, overdeveloped-frontal-lobe heritage" is misplaced alright...because you fall well into that catagory.

Your little rants and accusations do nothing but further prove that you have failed on every level of social acceptance.

Have a good night Dwibzle. :wave

You're talking rubbish that just doesn't stack up, try posting what you're saying on an FX adult forums and you would be completely ignored. I've obviously offended you and you'll have to deal with that, but don't try and play the innocent and pretend that you and your buddies behavior in this thread has been anything more than trolling. You ask me to provide you with proof because you're too lazy to research the subject for yourself, you want me to write you a thesis and do all the work for you and that's not the way life works, I'm afraid.

You'll stick to your misinformation and hostile interpretation of what others wrote that like this figure to support your irrational and childish view of, what is at the end of the day, men in rubber suits from a film that was made long before you were conceived. Sorry, but it's up to you to support your argument with something a little more than with crappy undocumented photos and unsupportable assertion and supposition, inaccurate (by your own reasoning) statues and figures, etc.

If you had any experience with the topic that was discussed (not you and your buddies getting all defensive), you would understand all the dynamics of what was written, but you don't, so further 'conversation' would only erupt in further argument and foolish insults; you probably want that, though. It's pointless to continue, and why would I want to educate you anyway. Take it as a win, do a victory dance and revel in your own ignorance. Because that's what you're doing as far as I and any person that's really serious about film and special effects design are concerned. Enjoy justifying your existence with your collection and forget about everything else. Imagine the creature is real and a symbol of your life or whatever it is you do with it . . . .

Oh boy! So much for my empathetic twinges for fellow human beings who consistently fail to live up to their opposable-thumb, overdeveloped-frontal-lobe heritage. But there's room for everyone. those that do and those that don't. But don't think you boys are fooling anyone because you're good a at browbeating people on some forum. LoL! :wave

See?
You're the only one resorting to insults around here...

Oh and BTW, since you have already looked into the Sideshow maquette thread, just review the pics posted there and tell me how HT's figure is accurate to that. Unless of course those are crappy and undocumented.

And if you do know so much about FX it would be nice and very welcome of you if you did share some of your knowledge with us fans of movies and movie-creatures. Sharing with your fellow human beings is a nice thing to do. I'm the first guy interested in knowing and learning more about Giger's alien, it's my favourite monster!

I've no problem in discussing things and having open, intelligent arguments, it's too bad every time anybody asks you to give proof of your statements you just go into insult mode and walk out.

May I present... "The Newly-Written Universe's Guide to Trolling™":

1. Repeating one's self over and over again
2. Accusing others of being insulting when you not only do the same, but you started it (yes, that last part is true)
3. Being fairly new, yet placing yourself above everyone else
4. Ignoring the fact that those you are insulting have clearly done more research than you ever have -- and it's perfectly obvious you haven't done any because once again, your argument is built upon the same copied/pasted posts
5. Accusing them of not showing enough proof
6. Not showing any of your own
7. Accusing them of being lazy for asking you to provide your own
8. Hypocrisy, plain and simple, all over your posts

With this ground-breaking eight-step system, even you... can achieve true antagonistic internet infamy.

UncleSam_2.gif

Happy trolling! :wave

But really, in all seriousness, no one's hiding behind the whole "It's cool if you like it" thing. You're clearly offended because other people are responding to you the way you respond to them. And in the end, you logged on today and simply posted that huge comment once again, the comment this particular thread has seen millions of times. And for what? Well, based on your history, most of us would think you did it just to stir something up. If this isn't the case and we've somehow made a mistake in judgement, please respond in a mature manner. And don't try to convince yourself that your responses so far are indeed mature, because complete sentence structure can't cover up the fact that you're bringing nothing to the discussion but repetition and negativity.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/1FcyYLtk3FI?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/1FcyYLtk3FI?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

:lol Boy o BOY!

:lol Boy o BOY!

What's wrong, couldn't figure out who to log on as...Dwibzle or Sandman? :lol

You have just proven that you're one and the same. :cuckoo:

May I present... "The Newly-Written Universe's Guide to Trolling™":

1. Repeating one's self over and over again
2. Accusing others of being insulting when you not only do the same, but you started it (yes, that last part is true)
3. Being fairly new, yet placing yourself above everyone else
4. Ignoring the fact that those you are insulting have clearly done more research than you ever have -- and it's perfectly obvious you haven't done any because once again, your argument is built upon the same copied/pasted posts
5. Accusing them of not showing enough proof
6. Not showing any of your own
7. Accusing them of being lazy for asking you to provide your own
8. Hypocrisy, plain and simple, all over your posts

With this ground-breaking eight-step system, even you... can achieve true antagonistic internet infamy.

UncleSam_2.gif

Happy trolling! :wave

But really, in all seriousness, no one's hiding behind the whole "It's cool if you like it" thing. You're clearly offended because other people are responding to you the way you respond to them. And in the end, you logged on today and simply posted that huge comment once again, the comment this particular thread has seen millions of times. And for what? Well, based on your history, most of us would think you did it just to stir something up. If this isn't the case and we've somehow made a mistake in judgement, please respond in a mature manner. And don't try to convince yourself that your responses so far are indeed mature, because complete sentence structure can't cover up the fact that you're bringing nothing to the discussion but repetition and negativity.

:clap:clap:exactly::clap:clap

Boy o BOY!

Okay, how did you come back? I was wondering the same about CLU. It's like all these banned members are suddenly rising from the dead. You know who we really need here? Nam.

And I don't get what's wrong with my review, as I simply said exactly what I've been saying up to this point: HT's Big Chap makes a good figure, but a not-so-good representation. He has his worth especially if you buy him on sale, and HT completionists probably won't mind anyway. Fairly neutral and reasonable stance I'd say. Sure as hell nothing to get into an argument over.

But really, how are these guys coming back?

And one good thing about this discussion: it made me want to go back and re-pose my HT Big Chap! :D

What?? Enthusiasm for your HT Big Chap Alien?? But you have criticisms! Having criticisms means you hate it in its entirety, nay, you hate the entire hobby! So what are you talking about man? :wink1:

Back