Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What?? Enthusiasm for your HT Big Chap Alien?? But you have criticisms! Having criticisms means you hate it in its entirety, nay, you hate the entire hobby! So what are you talking about man? :wink1:

Oh... damn! Sorry you're right!

Uh... DAMN YOU HOT TOYS! You ruined my life with this inaccurate alien figure! I will never forgive you!
And DAMN YOU MEDICOM! Your crap mini alien is not to scale!
And DAMN YOU NECA! Your alien has a bulbous forehead!
And DAMN YOU GIGER AND SCOTT for not making good reference photos available for everybody!

*runs off to torch his entire collection*

:rotfl

I feel better now.

Mine has arrived in my country today!
:yess:

Hopefully comes today as its my birthday today!

3d2c2722d86862506627b2d2abe527e8.gif

garfield-taart_gif.jpg

By the way, I dont know if anyone else has done this but I used
one of those clear twistie ties that come with a lot of figures to "attach" the tail to the base.
If you look closely, you can see it.
It wont be going anywhere now.
Just thought id let you guys know.

Mine has arrived in my country today!
:yess:

Hopefully comes today as its my birthday today!

Happy birthday dude. Been wanting to pick this up for a while now too, i was a bit disappointed when it was released as it didnt really blow me away, but i still like it, accurate or not. Hope your happy with it. Thats all that matters at the end of the day.

Happy birthday dude. Been wanting to pick this up for a while now too, i was a bit disappointed when it was released as it didnt really blow me away, but i still like it, accurate or not. Hope your happy with it. Thats all that matters at the end of the day.

Thanks, my friend.
Yeah, im perfectly happy with him.
I know its inaccurate but it doesnt bother me with this one.
Im still gonna do the mouth mods though.

Happy birthday TFG!

Well, I won't be hunting down this figure but I will say I do like the body, body proportions and the paintjob.

Thats a good idea.The biggest problem with this figure is if it falls,kiss that dome goodbye.

Yeah, thats why I did this to keep him from falling.
I was just going to pose him like in the proto pics but once I got him I just couldnt risk it.
Hes going nowhere without the stand now though. If he falls, the stand is going with him.

Happy birthday TFG!

Well, I won't be hunting down this figure but I will say I do like the body, body proportions and the paintjob.

Thanks mate!
I like the proportions and paint job too.
Theyre really nice.
I must say im a bit worried about paint peel though.

Thats a good idea.The biggest problem with this figure is if it falls,kiss that dome goodbye.
That was always my biggest fear. Yet mine has fallen off hundreds of times and the dome only has a small scrape..strange. I remember when I first took him out of the box and GENTLY tried putting the hands in *SNAP*. Luckily I can still slide the balls on the hands into the rubber.. His left foot is also broken, and the rubber on his back is starting to peel.. Although the figure is inaccurate it's still awesome looking. The only problem is that HT fails at making their Aliens last. My Dog Alien's head is being used to hold up my BD P2 right now...

My Chap fell off the shelf and hit something on the floor, causing the dome to spider crack, I was really bummed but I was able to touch it up with some paint, it's not perfect but I can live with it.

if you guys are gonna buy expensive collectibles, you gotta keep them where they can't fall over or get damaged or dusty.

https://www.casesforcollectibles.com/dollcases1.html

those are the cheap-o versions but they still look nice and protect your stuff. cheaper than replacing your broken figures anyway.
I always try to keep my shizzle protected, the only reasons he would ever fall is if my dog would bump into somthing, or there would be a small earthquake lol. I'm lucky that my mom can make acrylic cases for me now though. They might not be that great, but it's better than nothing. Plus, it's free. :clap

I always try to keep my shizzle protected, the only reasons he would ever fall is if my dog would bump into somthing, or there would be a small earthquake lol. I'm lucky that my mom can make acrylic cases for me now though. They might not be that great, but it's better than nothing. Plus, it's free. :clap
i'd still spring for the pro-made cases. they make awesome displays and that's the whole point of collecting.

Last edited:
Back