Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All anything aside, and I undrstand why they did it, but I hate calling the Alien "big chap".

I call it Bickuss Dickuss.

I think its pretty stupid that Hot Toys actually put "The Big Chap" on the packaging. At least the dog alien was given a more believable nickname that could conceivably be used 'in-universe' - the runner, even though I'd never actually heard that one before. But I can't even envision John Hurt's kane calling the Alien "the Big Chap" within the body of the film were he to have lived through the chestburst...him being british 'n all and the most likely to say it if anyone.

All anything aside, and I undrstand why they did it, but I hate calling the Alien "big chap".

I always quite liked the fact it was literally lost in translation, the initial miss-translation led to some Japanese fans believing that the ALIEN was actually called 'the Big Chap', rather than understanding it was just a term of endearment used by the crew on set. I guess the joke has run it's course, but to a lot of Asian collectors that is what he is called.

"Bee cheeyap! yu know!"

"sorry, what is he called again?"

"Beee cheeyap ok!"

I assume they did it to just simply make it easier to distinguish from previous releases.

Yeah that would have been a good choice-name-wise. The name "dog alien" always bugged me especially since it was designed to look like a panther and originally came from an Ox. I always liked the name "Dragon".

Not to get too OT but my favorite bit in the longer cut is all the added stuff with Golic and the alien.

The extended cut is pretty good, but I prefer the original ending with the chestburster. The music and editing is stronger in that version, as well.
Also, I liked the concept of the Dog more than an Ox. But's that's just because I'm a dog person. Struck me more.

Anyway... Big Chap, er, Giger Alien is happily looming over Abe Sapien in my detolf. :)

Heh, Hellboy, Abe, and Alien and Predator are all on the same shelf in my display. Basically all my non-Iron Man movie figures.

Heh, Hellboy, Abe, and Alien and Predator are all on the same shelf in my display. Basically all my non-Iron Man movie figures.

aaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

:duff :duff

Which is what it was actually called by Golic in Alien 3. Where HT got 'the runner' from I don't know.

I think "Runner" came from the AvP2 video game, didn't it?

That's the first place I ever heard it called that.

I have a question here. Does anybody here knows whether the skull under the dome have the "angry" eye socket like the bust or a more neutral stance? I can't see the bottom 70% of the eye socket because there's a lot more of the black paint on my dome

Back