Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Judging by these latest pictures, I'm warming to this figure. The chromed teeth look the part.

I think I will totally modify the mouth section.

Cheers

Bri ;)

I'd recommend the figure to anyone who is a fan of the movie... its a solid ALIEN, even if the accuracy is off.

I chromed the teeth and love it more pics to come!

picture32g.png

picture33g.png

Please expain the chrome teeth!

Hey guys sorry to leave you hanging I cant take credit. Les Walker posted his first It's his idea: a Krylon silver leafing pen. Its about as chrome as you are gonna get it's pretty convincing too, i painted black detalings between the teeth too.

My new Alien arrived today. And... No gap in the shoulder!

However he has a light scuff on the side of his dome. Just can't win.

I'm sending back the one with the shoulder gap. I repainted the teeth on that one just to get an idea of how I'd like it. Overall pretty good, but those tiny bottom teeth were a pain in the ass to evenly cover. I may just leave my new one as is.

My new Alien arrived today. And... No gap in the shoulder!

However he has a light scuff on the side of his dome. Just can't win.

I'm sending back the one with the shoulder gap. I repainted the teeth on that one just to get an idea of how I'd like it. Overall pretty good, but those tiny bottom teeth were a pain in the ass to evenly cover. I may just leave my new one as is.

You're sending back a customized figure? :google

..... :monkey1

You guys do realize... the arms move forward and back and up and down in the socket right? The gap I think is just the shoulder being pushed all the way forward.

You guys do realize... the arms move forward and back and up and down in the socket right? The gap I think is just the shoulder being pushed all the way forward.

Yes, but on my old one the rubber looked almost torn, and would still show very much even with the arm adjusted all the way back.

Ah, took these photos before seeing your post. This is mine with the shoulder pushed forward (top) and pushed back (bottom). I brought it up because it wasn't immediatly obvious to me (sorta like the waist articulation on Ironman mkII/III)

IMG_0970.png

edit: and can I say, accurate or not I really like the rusty finish on the figure. Adds to that mechanical look.

I should have taken pics at a slight angle. When it's pushed forward you can see into the socket more and can actually see where the shoulder connects to the body. When it's pushed back you cannot.

edit: heh I thought he was talking to me.

Back