Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually Dave, many people, including myself, feel that the figure looks better with the mouth closed. The gaping pie hole tends to draw attention to the inaccuracies of the mouth, jaws & teeth areas.

BTW thanks for the pics comment. I suck at taking pics. :eek:

Well I just got mine and I can unashamedly say I love it!
Like Les, I'm old enough to remember seeing this monster on the big screen back in 79 (Though I admit I was under age and had snuck in).
I also admit it's not 100% perfect, but it is the A L I E N which ever way you look at it. I liked the NECA version, but it was a bit clumsy and plasticy (felt cheap... but I guess it was), I never bothered with the Medi as it looked too similar to the Sega which I already had.
So, I'm very happy, he's already up on my shelf.

I might be wrong, but I'd be tempted to say get it while you can rather than waiting for it to get cheap... I already want another!:D

EDIT

Don't put yourself down, they were great pics Karnis

Karnis, how did you actually glued the mouth? I mean, which part of the mouth. Did you glued the teeth or something inside?

I am so weak! Started to wrap this baby up...........I just couldn't! :lol
The Alien's on the loose! iPhone pics FTW!

11df5d7c.jpg

1cd4b5e3.jpg

4f48cd5f.jpg

Don't put yourself down, they were great pics Karnis

Aw shucks, thanks Jeff. ;) I wish I was better at capturing just the right "moment". Looking forward to your pics and review!

Karnis, how did you actually glued the mouth? I mean, which part of the mouth. Did you glued the teeth or something inside?

Just the teeth. I used super glue & applied it to the upper & lower back teeth on both sides of the jaw. Press it together for a few minutes and it will hold.

I am so weak! Started to wrap this baby up...........I just couldn't! :lol
The Alien's on the loose! iPhone pics FTW!

:lol

I stopped keeping stuff for Christmas day a few years ago now. It always kinda seemed pointless wrapping my own presents only to be tearing it open again a few days later. Its just christmas dinner and the whole family being at home at once that sets the day apart now.

:lol

I stopped keeping stuff for Christmas day a few years ago now. It always kinda seemed pointless wrapping my own presents only to be tearing it open again a few days later. Its just christmas dinner and the whole family being at home at once that sets the day apart now.

Yeah, that's the reasoning I came to.........seemed kinda pointless! :lol

Hi everyone, been following this thread for a while waiting for my alien to arrive and it finally did. I like it alot more than I expected in person, its lovely to handle!

Theres still alot of disappointing inaccuracies of course, but i expect that this IS due to copyright issues as some of the changes (most notably EVERYTHING under the dome on the head) are very clear and fundimental.

Intellectual property rights state that at least a 3rd of a character design must be changed if you don't have the rights to use the likeness.

Joseph Tsang is clearly a very talented sculptor and the work here is just awesome, though inaccurate.

My box got crushed abit in transit, I think the figure was damaged as the mouth mechanism is busted :(

I took a whole bunch of pics to show off the figures assets which Ill put up as soon as I work out how! haha

Ahh here we go:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

(stoop pose FTW)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I have more if people wanna see, but thats more than enough for now I think! don't wanna outstay me welcome :p

Last edited:
Yeah, but the NECA one, for $40, represents an excellent value... it's got great bang for the buck.

yea seriously, you get an 18+ inch figure for $40, that sucker is HEAVY. It is really articulated, AND the clincher - IT'S ACCURATE! Honestly, the NECA figure is the best all around deal no matter how you look at it. This one is pretty good, but honestly for that much money, I expect perfection. Exactly why I turned down the Dutch figure, it just didn't carry the value it cost.

I really love my 18" NECA as well, it has great presence on the shelf. Hulking yet elegant. Shame about the joints messing up the beautiful sculpt, but hey its hard plastic so what you gonna do? I'd love to see a rubber body on the 1/6 NECA if they end up doing it, really adds realism on the hottoys chap. would make it expensive tho.

Back