Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, thanks for the pics man!
Can you tell us about the material? Did it feel rubbery like the other aliens?

Yea it's rubber mate with the odd plastic pieces I'll tell u the inner jaw is a frigin pain in the ass to get out and as u can see from the head on shot it's abit wonky.I'm gonna try get some more shots so u guys can decide that haven't yet. Personally I av a love/hate thing with this figure some points he looks good but others like the head on shot as soon as I saw it through my camera I was like woah he looks so wrong

Last edited:
Im so glad they included the cardboard background display. It really brings the it all together. I wish all the figures had displays. Its so simple yet so effective

ok so after going through a ton of reference pics that Sabres posted a link for me earlier.... it seems that the biggest difference for me (i know... there are lots...lol, but I mean the thing that stands out to me as being the main reason why it looks different) is that the dome should come down much further at the front... virtually until it's almost touching the upper lip, leaving just a thing line of lip between it and the teeth. This dome finished way too high above the mouth.

I guess that gives me something to tinker with. I can't sculpt in see-through... but I might see if I can resculpt the bottom, and use paint effects to hide it. (plus, to be honest... until I started seeing action figures of the alien and reference 'on set' photos, I never even knew the dome was transparent! It always looks grey/silver/milky-white to me on screen)

Will be interesting to get this in hand.

i've been trying to think what this reminded me of.

DSC00595.jpg

then it hit me. it's mr. peabody:

gilbert-gottfried-rotated-final-thumb219.jpg

Anyone here have their Big Chap in-hand already? Just want to find out if this Alien figure comes already assembled in its box.

Or is it still the same as HT's previous Alien figures whereby we have got to struggle to fit one feet, one leg and one hand into the Alien and in the process getting some of the paintwork transferred onto our hands? :horror To me, that process is the most frustrating part of my encounter with HT's Alien figures. :banghead

To be fair, lense distortion really doesn't help the figure here...

i hope that's the case dude. he kinda looks like a conehead in that shot. i'll just have to have him posed to one side, looking down, sitting in a corner if he does look like this from the front. or maybe "ugly bob" him and make an extra wide, flat paper bag for his noggin.

i hope that's the case dude. he kinda looks like a conehead in that shot. i'll just have to have him posed to one side, looking down, sitting in a corner if he does look like this from the front. or maybe "ugly bob" him and make an extra wide, flat paper bag for his noggin.

Trust me, that's camera distortion, I try hard to avoid it in my work because as you can see, it's unflattering to the subject. The size of the face is way out of proportion to the body in that shot.

The only thing to be really critical of the figure from the photo is that the mouth looks more AVP than ALIEN.

Back to the discussion.

The mouth is wrong.
The dome is wrong.

You better buy it cos I want the ver 2 to be made.

Carry on.......:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Same old whiners ... that don't even have the figure - yet. :rotfl

It's made from the same compound that Marcus's arms are made from, and the joints have a similar type of ratchet mechanism. But this thing has much more flexibility -- the arms bend at an almost 90°angle! So do the legs. The articulation is awesome!

The rubber skin doesn't feel like it going to distort or tear. The skin feels slack even when he's in a crouching position, so you don't get the feeling that it's going to stretch or tear. I've had mine in a crouching position for 4-5 days now -- no problems.

It's really an amazing figure that you have to hold in your hands to judge. DON'T judge this figure from the photos ... they don't do it justice.

Same old whiners ... that don't even have the figure - yet. :rotfl

Are you deliberately trying to antagonise with your :rotfl smilies? You seem to use them in every post.

It's really an amazing figure that you have to hold in your hands to judge. DON'T judge this figure from the photos ... they don't do it justice.

You might say the same thing about the Aliens warrior and the dog alien - well I do have those figures and I can say they look exactly the same in person as they do in photos - innaccurate at best and plain silly from some angles. Sorry but this has nothing to do with photos ''not doing it justice''. The figure is what it is. The complaints are legitimate even if you don't happen to give a crap about them.

Last edited:
Back