Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is one of the most incredibly asinine comments I've read in quite a while.

Haha.. im really got into you nerve....you must be one of those :
Definitely a cool figure.. will collect mine today...just can't stand some ppl who can't afford this figure and talk trash about it.
:rotfl

Definitely a cool figure.. will collect mine today...just can't stand some ppl who can't afford this figure and talk trash about it.

That's right..........

Did you actually say that the only reason we're talking trash about this is because we can't afford it?

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Wow...your short bus didn't make it all the way to school, did it?

You need to pay more attention to the collections of those that are talking trash about it there Slick. :duh

OH NO! NOT AGAIN!

alien.jpg

Riiiiiiight.

Maybe it's time I left this discussion...
But you've made quite an impression 20th Century, so I'll stick around for a while.

Maybe you should at least read some of the posts I've made. I have certain issues with the figure, as do other fellow fans and collectors of Alien merchandise, which have nothing to do with purchasing power but rather with, shall we say, taste.

If you go back and look at the collections of some of the most vocal critics of this figure, you will surely realize that it is not lack of funds which drives them to criticize what they see in the HT offering...

BTW, what exactly does "im really got into you nerve" mean?
I'm answering because I suppose you mean you "got to me", yes? Or "touched a nerve", "struck a chord" or something like that... English is not my mother language, so I'm not really sure...

At any rate, I said it was an asinine comment because you were assuming people were criticizing HT's figure because they didn't have the money to buy it, so I took it upon myself to berate for it, and I suppose I failed miserably at it.
My bad.

See? No need for smileys.

But let me stress this: it is, In My Humble Opinion, asinine, stupid, retarded and grossly unjustified to assume that people criticize something because they can't afford it. Not to mention childish and arrogant.

OH NO! NOT AGAIN!

alien.jpg

Indeed!

Hey Scarlet, do you have contact to tinister? I remember he was going to repaint his Medi-alien, but then he disappeared from the boards... I'd love to see if he did actually repaint it and how it went.

Back on topic, any more pics of HT's alien?

No bro, I haven't heard from him for ages. Would love to see his repaint. It's strange that up till now, we have yet to see repaint pics or anyone with the gonads to customise theirs.

Hot Toys All Stars

A Team : Yuli, Kojun, Pan Mak.

B Team : Joseph Tsang, GOX, Kang In Ae.

:D

Dude you nailed it right here. Back in the day when I was at McFarlane myself and two others got to sit back and watch the B team do all the Alien and Predator stuff. The A team got put on sports because McFarlane said who will be able to see some things in monster figures that aren't dead on to the movie. HT knows they can get it in the ball park and many people won't know the difference. To bad for the hardcore fan that wants it to be just like the movie.
HT should have the A team on the Alien because it's one of the best selling fugures or at least it should be. Cracks me up how some can justify a B mentality on an A class classic character. For 150 dollars the Alien should have the A treatment. Cool figure yes and the McFarlane stuff is cool but not good enough. It looks to me like the HT sculptor use McFarlane Alien for parts of his figure.

Save your money and take some English classes please.
"... just can't stand" jackasses who think they can play in the big leagues.

I don't understand why a US company like Neca doesn't make their figures with same method that Hot Toys uses instead of statue type figures?

I don't understand why a US company like Neca doesn't make their figures with same method that Hot Toys uses instead of statue type figures?

1 word....."cost".
They want to keep their figures affordable so everyone can afford them.
From 'lil Timmy from down the street, to high end collectors.

Well, I know there's a whole lot'a hatin goin on, but I love my HT ALIEN collection, no, it's not perfect, but it's damn fine.
So I'm very happy to have Tsang's work in my collection.

GOX gave us Marcus so ???

And Kang in Ae gave us the sublime Marlon Brando as Vito, so... :dunno

lol your're right! I put GOX in B Team cause first Marcus attempt was off , but he did correct it and it looks perfect now. Also cause he didn't do the 'Spartaa' Leonidas face. I guess switch him with Pan Mak, cause some people thought Preds snout/noes was too long or something ( I dont see it )

And I put Kang in Ae cause he did the MJ 'smiley' sculpt which im still grumpy about. But it still a good likeness i guess.

Its so hard to choose:lol

apparently, the big chap has been flying off the shelves at my local retailer. alien figures tend to sell pretty well over here for some reason. the guy at the store said he was also surprised at how "different" the alien looked from the film. but he said he had 3 in his private collection anyway cos it's (and i quote) "too cool to have just one piece". THREE!

he did say he's gonna mod the head for the shop display. i told him that amounts to "false advertising". :lol

3? Well that's what you can get from being the owner of a toy shop.
Any ideas what mods he'll do to the head? Skull? Mouth? etc...

I am looking forward to this figure. It seems the articulation looks sweet. I think someone said this before; from the chest down it looks great. I have issues w/the head/mouth too.

It seems there isn't that much chatter on the HT forum regarding their figure hmmm.

3? Well that's what you can get from being the owner of a toy shop.
Any ideas what mods he'll do to the head? Skull? Mouth? etc...

i think it'll be a re-paint of the teeth and dome. remember him saying the dome was too transparent for his tastes.

Back