Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well they've only done a few DX figures and the ones that were human had the eyeballs and different stands but iron man was battle damaged and batman was with different heads.
This is all new stuff so I could imagine hot toys coming up with something creative and new for a dx alien. It would sell if it was accurate and I'm sure they know that if they read these forums.
I'm holding off for a while.

No. They've done just 2 - in over a YEAR since the DX line came out. Just Batman and Joker DXs. That's all. Iron Man Mk3 BD is a regular MMS release, not a DX one. An Alien DX release is not going to happen.

Sorry if this came off the wrong way, it's just seeing the "well, it's just a matter of time before HT does a DX version" in almost every single HT thread has worn extremely thin over the past 9 months or so. Doubly so since the entire DX line consists of exactly two figures in over a year's time!

Also, why didnt they call the Predalien Chet?

Hi Dudes!

Chet_monster_version.jpg

No. They've done just 2 - in over a YEAR since the DX line came out. Just Batman and Joker DXs. That's all. Iron Man Mk3 BD is a regular MMS release, not a DX one. An Alien DX release is not going to happen.

Sorry if this came off the wrong way, it's just seeing the "well, it's just a matter of time before HT does a DX version" in almost every single HT thread has worn extremely thin over the past 9 months or so. Doubly so since the entire DX line consists of exactly two figures in over a year's time!

Regardless of wheter its called " DX " or not its still a better version with extra stuff. The fact that people are complaining about accuracy and wanting another version , myself included surely gives me the right to talk about a second version being a possibility. :dunno
It may have worn the threads thin but it also really annoyed a few people after they bought both the version 1 joker and bank robber to make the ultimate version only to see the DX released months later. Probably the same with alot of the people who bought the mark 3 aswell , all in quite a short space of time between each other.
So it is possible that its just a matter of time before hot toys release another version of the alien.
Ecscpecially being that with this time enough people are complaining for hot toys to get the message that we want something better.

Just my opinion. :dunno

How do you know a dx alien is not going to happen ?

It kind of does come across the wrong way like you said. You tell me " No " then point out a fact that you couldn't possibly know.
Unless your working for hot toys ?.

No pun intended but sorry if that came across the wrong way.

:lol

It's all good fellas, no need for things to get heated.

I do agree with Cryo though, the poor handling of the DX line's offerings so far has created a collector paranoia that is rampant in pretty much every thread for an HT product, as soon as something debuts, people starting going on about how the DX will be better, blah blah blah. I do hope a DX is made soon that is just a deluxe figure and not a revisited/improved one.

It's all good fellas, no need for things to get heated.

I do agree with Cryo though, the poor handling of the DX line's offerings so far has created a collector paranoia that is rampant in pretty much every thread for an HT product, as soon as something debuts, people starting going on about how the DX will be better, blah blah blah. I do hope a DX is made soon that is just a deluxe figure and not a revisited/improved one.

I'm not someone who would start an argument in a thread over a figure , unless the person is really trying for it. :naughty:lol
The dx thing is hard not to mention , it always plays on my mind personally when ordering something after my Joker fiasco.

I was gonna buy this guy right away, but based on the number of complaints here, I wonder if it wouldn't be worth holding off and waiting for his price to drop. . .decisions, decisions.

I was gonna buy this guy right away, but based on the number of complaints here, I wonder if it wouldn't be worth holding off and waiting for his price to drop. . .decisions, decisions.

I wouldn't wait - the whiners are the minority I'm sure. Personally the only thing the comparisons profiles tell me is that I'm fine with HT's version of him and he'll fit in well with my other xenomorphs.

How do you know a dx alien is not going to happen ?

It kind of does come across the wrong way like you said. You tell me " No " then point out a fact that you couldn't possibly know.
Unless your working for hot toys ?.

No pun intended but sorry if that came across the wrong way.

:lol

I'd say given that HT hasn't gone back and corrected ANY of their Aliens figures is a pretty good indicator that they have no intention of it. :lol There have been plenty of legitimate complaints raised about the Aliens Warrior, the Dog Alien, and even a couple about the AVP versions. Why would they all of the sudden jump back and re-do this one figure when their track record for the past several years shows otherwise with this particular license? :dunno

In the end, it all depends on what you like.
I'm a sucker for accuracy and this is my all time favourite monster, so I'm in no real hurry to get it, but if you dig the figure (which seems to be fantastic really, just not very accurate), you should get it.
There have been no complaints of faulty construction or breakage, so my guess is that it is a very good, sturdy figure with great pose-ability. No reason not to get it if you're not an accuracy nazi like some of us...

As I've said before, I think it looks cool, I'm just in no hurry to get it since it isn't the end-all, be-all of alien figures I was hoping for.

But if you dig what you see, go for it man! Don't let our obssession get in the way of your enjoyment of the figure. :D

I'd say given that HT hasn't gone back and corrected ANY of their Aliens figures is a pretty good indicator that they have no intention of it. :lol There have been plenty of legitimate complaints raised about the Aliens Warrior, the Dog Alien, and even a couple about the AVP versions. Why would they all of the sudden jump back and re-do this one figure when their track record for the past several years shows otherwise with this particular license? :dunno

Yep. Again Alien and all the referance material have been around since 1979. One can only conclude that Hot Toys weren't interested in making an accurate 'big chap' or this figure would be accurate. They chose to take all sorts of liberties. And I'm not inclined to think they are deliberately holding back on a superaccurate Alien for a later DX release. As others said that would damage customer relations and they must know it would because hardly anyone, even those who are happy with this figure, would buy this one if they knew a more accurate one was to come later.

I really need to get my DVD out or find some decent screencaps so I can do some comparisons. I'm quite happy with how it looks as an Alien (even if maybe not an exact copy of the Alien) but I'm curious now as to whether I'd be able to customise thos for myself... resculpt bits.... add goo... etc.

Anyone got a link to a decent screencap website? I can't remember whether this computer has a DVD drive on it or not. (it's old) :lol

I have watched the movie again and pause at scene where the alien pop out. Most of these scene are up close to the mouth ready to zap the victims. There is one scene you get the whole side profile where it is going to attack that lady that just froze seeing it but it was dark...

what I can say is that unless one have a machine that can freeze, brighten and zoom in clearly of these scene like you see in CSI, I cant tell whether the HT fig is accurate or not except the transparent tendon. Read a lot of people commented that the dome is not transparent enough. What I saw in the movie is as blur as the HT dome....maybe I should get a blu-ray :lol

Be patient. Like every other HT alien, the price will drop.
Especially with so many hard core fans not liking this one so much.

I have watched the movie again and pause at scene where the alien pop out. Most of these scene are up close to the mouth ready to zap the victims. There is one scene you get the whole side profile where it is going to attack that lady that just froze seeing it but it was dark...

what I can say is that unless one have a machine that can freeze, brighten and zoom in clearly of these scene like you see in CSI, I cant tell whether the HT fig is accurate or not except the transparent tendon. Read a lot of people commented that the dome is not transparent enough. What I saw in the movie is as blur as the HT dome....maybe I should get a blu-ray :lol

You'd think that the comments of those who "live and breathe" alien would carry more weight around here. :rolleyes:

I appreciate you trying to help out, but at this point ... just take our word for it.
There are "behind the scenes" pictures out there for those who search hard enough. I have pictures in books, magazines and on my PC of the alien in clear light/ backstage. At best, the HT alien is about 80% there.
Why else would there be so many complaints.

Doesn't make sense.

You'd think that the comments of those who "live and breathe" alien would carry more weight around here. :rolleyes
I appreciate you sharing all your expert knowledge. Not everyone is as clued in as you are. To me the Alien is, as you already know, a masterful creation. Hot Toys representations are just that, representations, and we can see the frustration you endure when Hot Toys is so close and your dream is still out of reach. For me, I think who else will be making an accurate Big Chap? I'm going to have to settle for this one. You're absolutely right. It doesn't make sense.

Back