Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone tried to repaint the hook arms or the blade arm with chrome paint? Been thinking about it and saw a matchbox car with a plastic bumper chromed out so now I'm thinking of the possibilities.

I've actually always been pretty happy with the 'chrome' look HT achieved on any liquid metal parts of the T-1000, so a no from me.

I've actually always been pretty happy with the 'chrome' look HT achieved on any liquid metal parts of the T-1000, so a no from me.

It's not bad but it's always looked too plastic to me. Rarely pose it without flesh hands partly because of that. HT put metal claws in Wolverine, would've been cool if these parts were metal as well its not as if they're selling to 8 year olds.

The difficulty though is the liquid metal has to graduate (if thats the right word) out of the clothed arms. You have to see the transition directly from the clothing into the metal.

Yeah that's true. Then chrome on plastic would be easier, could just airbrush the blue. Seems doable, someone did do the liquid nitrogen dio so anything's possible.

Got my T-1000 the other day, The only quibble I have with the figure is the hands seem a little on the big side, Anyone else notice this ? :dunno

t100g.jpg

Yeah thats been a talking point about this figure. The hands aren't any bigger than every other figure but they look bigger because the forearms are slightly thinner to allow for the hook arms to be placed over them. I hope HT does Truetypes with smaller hands at some point but I doubt its on their mind at all.

Yeah thats been a talking point about this figure. The hands aren't any bigger than every other figure but they look bigger because the forearms are slightly thinner to allow for the hook arms to be placed over them. I hope HT does Truetypes with smaller hands at some point but I doubt its on their mind at all.

Ah thanks a-dev, I thought it might be something to do with the arms as they do look pretty thin.

I know myself and a number of others have complained about the size of his hands in relation to his forearms/body... I just starting thinking, could the hands for the new RE Alice be used? they look smaller and there is clearly some action hands (without long nails I think?)... I'm sure someone out there has both of these figures and could swap some hands and take a pic for my own curiosity. :)

I'd really appreciate it!

M.

Did you read any of the previous posts about it or is that just your way of saying you think they're fine in which case you could say, well...'I think they're fine'?

I know myself and a number of others have complained about the size of his hands in relation to his forearms/body... I just starting thinking, could the hands for the new RE Alice be used? they look smaller and there is clearly some action hands (without long nails I think?)... I'm sure someone out there has both of these figures and could swap some hands and take a pic for my own curiosity. :)

I'd really appreciate it!

M.
Female hands are too small... a source for smaller male hands are Bruce Lee DX04's and The Icon BLs. Plenty of hands especially from DX04...

Female hands are too small... a source for smaller male hands are Bruce Lee DX04's and The Icon BLs. Plenty of hands especially from DX04...

How certain are you they are too small?

Only reason I suggested Alice was due to the fact she has trigger hands... Bruce does not... though thinking about posing the T-1000 in a martial arts pose cracks me up, I don't think Bruce's hands will work... so, again if any one can show me some Alice hands on the this guy, I'd still appreciate it... I have to see it to believe it, I'm stubborn like that. :wink1:

M.

How certain are you they are too small?

Only reason I suggested Alice was due to the fact she has trigger hands... Bruce does not... though thinking about posing the T-1000 in a martial arts pose cracks me up, I don't think Bruce's hands will work... so, again if any one can show me some Alice hands on the this guy, I'd still appreciate it... I have to see it to believe it, I'm stubborn like that. :wink1:

M.
Will show you Alice's hand on Slim TT forearms later... in 10hours... I suppose you'll have Sarah Connor... it's the same as Alice hands

He's right they are too small, I was trying to use female hands for a Michael Jay Fox BTTF custom and the BL's work way better.

Back