Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
145 of them? They'll have to sell those off below normal retail. This figure is fantastic but for whatever reason (possibly overproduction) its taking a long time to sell out.

has to be overproduction. this is an awesome figure of an iconic villain, no reason it should still be so widely available

The peg for my T-1000's metal hook came off. It looks like the glue didnt seal properly.

Ive tried to stick the peg back inside but it just wont stay. Will Hot Toys replace this accessory if the figure was purchased off Ebay?

I know the hook arm goes for $5 on Ebay, but I dont feel I should have to spend money to get this replaced. This is also my first Hot Toy so I dont know how things work.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
The peg for my T-1000's metal hook came off. It looks like the glue didnt seal properly.

Ive tried to stick the peg back inside but it just wont stay. Will Hot Toys replace this accessory if the figure was purchased off Ebay?

I know the hook arm goes for $5 on Ebay, but I dont feel I should have to spend money to get this replaced. This is also my first Hot Toy so I dont know how things work.

As far as i know, you have zero chance of getting anything from HT. Fantastics products, no customer service

As far as i know, you have zero chance of getting anything from HT. Fantastics products, no customer service

Are you sure about that?

broo, contact your seller and see if he can get you a replacement. HT's will send replacements if done so through your retailer. Now if he's some private seller then you're SOL.

Are you sure about that?

broo, contact your seller and see if he can get you a replacement. HT's will send replacements if done so through your retailer. Now if he's some private seller then you're SOL.

Nope, not an official retailer. Ill just buy a pair off Ebay for $5. A little disappointed with the overall quality of my first Hot Toys figure despite the headsculpt being so awesome.

Nope, not an official retailer. Ill just buy a pair off Ebay for $5. A little disappointed with the overall quality of my first Hot Toys figure despite the headsculpt being so awesome.

I hear ya but this kinda thing always happens regardless of toy company. Just be careful when switching out wrist pegs, they suck. Oh and for all other damages always keep handy a bottle of crazy glue.

I didn't even know there was a peg inside the hook arms. I've just been pushing them onto the arm until it got tight and for me they stayed on like that with no problem, I thought that was how it was meant to be done. Even knowing now that there's pegs, it seems unnecessary to push until the pegs are in.

I hear ya but this kinda thing always happens regardless of toy company. Just be careful when switching out wrist pegs, they suck. Oh and for all other damages always keep handy a bottle of crazy glue.

Will a bottle of your generic Home Depot brand glue work? Because thats what I used. :)

I didn't even know there was a peg inside the hook arms. I've just been pushing them onto the arm until it got tight and for me they stayed on like that with no problem, I thought that was how it was meant to be done. Even knowing now that there's pegs, it seems unnecessary to push until the pegs are in.

Nope, the pegs are very necessary. Without the pegs, the shirt will push the hook arm back out.

I see. Looking at mine now, I've had it posed with the hooks pointed up rather than down at his side or such, that's likely why I haven't found a problem with the way I've done it.

Decided to shoot some new photos of this great figure. Always time for a little tribute - check them out on my blog as well:

10007.jpg

10005.jpg

Some more here: https://xenom0rph.blogspot.com/2011/10/hot-toys-classics-terminator-2-t-1000.html

The first few shots call to mind the closeups of his face right after he reforms in the aftermath of the Hasta La Vista bit at the steel mill. Very nice.

Back