Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh boy, I kind of ____ed up. I have this on preorder with Sideshow but for the first time in my life I've submitted to the "GOTTA HAVE IT NOW" urge.

One popped up in hand for 160 something dollars, I bid, and lost. Then the seller sent me a second chance Buy it now offer and . . . I DID IT.
Obviously this is a Hong Kong seller so $170 plus shipping, took me back to about 220 dollars. Kind of stupid. I figured it would take awhile for sideshow and everyone else to get them in so I don't know.

I'm excited and disappointed at the same time. My luck, Sideshow will get them in and I'll have an additional 328 dollars that I'll have to pay.:dunno

1 down 2 more and a body to go.

:panic:

Whoa man, that sucks big time! I understand your impulses though. I was the same way with the DX03 MJ. I couldn't wait to get that fig in hand that I almost caved into paying $250 for the guy. Luckily I had a good "support team" around me that talked me out of making such a stupid mistake while giving me the motivation to hold out for a much cheaper price. Since Im relatively new to 1/6th collecting, Ive learned that you really have to be cautious in the wake of your 'must have' urges. Or else you'll make some unwise decisions.

...But you didnt see any T-1000 cheaper than that? I could've sworn I had some in my watch list for $140, from HK sellers...

...But you didnt see any T-1000 cheaper than that? I could've sworn I had some in my watch list for $140, from HK sellers...

Nope, check out completed listings. $178 is the cheapest so far I think. All the other ones on there are like 190-230 PLUS that ____ing shipping hahaha. That's the real killer on these too, the shipping charges.

I don't know. I've never paid more for a figure before. My first ever Hot Toys figure, the Battle Damaged T-800 cost me 75 dollars at a comic convention. The trade off? I came home to swapped out sunglasses (guessing the vendor broke them) and a missing ammo strap for the mini gun.

Still that was a legit deal, especially now.

Two-Face New, MIB cost me 70 dollars, got two of those so 140. Not bad at all. MMS DX Joker #1 for $140, MMS DX Joker #2 for 180. Everything else like the T-800, both MMS DX Batmans, BR Joker and V1 Joker have been the regular MSRP price tag or lower. Well, now that I think about it there was OC Batman but I don't like talking about him (yeah I paid 260 bucks).

I don't know why I did it with this T-1000 either. I mean yeah, it has alot to do with seeing these in hand pics. But I was more excited for Batman and the Joker and I didn't do it for them, I waited. Hahahahaha MONTHS for the DCD versions too.

Can't take it back now though. I just need fellow freaks opinions. $220 shipped a big mistake? Especially considering I have 2 with sideshow preordered?

Last edited:
If you're guaranteed to get it before anyone else? Well at least you have that. Of course then everyone else will have theirs and that will no longer matter.

I dunno, I wouldn't have done it but then I haven't even lost my ebay virginity so my inexperience with and my general distrust of ebay would have stopped me anyway.

Were you always intending to get 3? I don't think theres anything wrong about the quantity you'll have. Especially not if you're a big T2 fan, it'll increase the amount of looks you can display all at one time.

If you're guaranteed to get it before anyone else? Well at least you have that. Of course then everyone else will have theirs and that will no longer matter.

It ships out tomorrow with a tracking number.

Were you always intending to get 3? I don't think theres anything wrong about the quantity you'll have. Especially not if you're a big T2 fan, it'll increase the amount of looks you can display all at one time.

Yeah, 3. But I'm not sure if my preorder will still be intact with Sideshow once it starts to ship. They've been ____ing around with me about my credit card. Something about fraud and verification since we have multiple card holder names. They dicked on me with the T-1000 as Sarah Connor because they needed "photographic evidence" of my card and identification so I just canceled.

I have a feeling it's going to happen with the T-1000s too, so I just created a new account recently (I'm sure I lost my place with the T-1000 preorder that I ordered in the beginning of summer).

But yeah, I'm aiming for 3-4 looks. Regular (Galleria), Motorcycle Cop, Steel Mill and split head with hook arms. But really, I only want to buy 3 full releases. I could always buy loose bodies depending on how they cost on the secondary market.

I dunno, I wouldn't have done it but then I haven't even lost my ebay virginity so my inexperience with and my general distrust of ebay would have stopped me anyway.

Buying from ebay is great, you wouldn't have any problems. The only negative thing about it (excluding be a seller) is it's addicting as hell.

You'd seriously end up with 1000s of T-800s a-dev, I'm not even joking.

It ships out tomorrow with a tracking number..

Oh you lucky sod! OK it was worth it. The sideshow guys are waiting on their 25day notice or whatever and having ordered with Toys2 I'll have to wait about 2 more weeks on top of that. I didn't realise how soon you'll have him.

The only thing I suppose is once you get your first T-1000 you won't be quite as excited getting your 2nd and 3rd later on.

Yeah, 3. But I'm not sure if my preorder will still be intact with Sideshow once it starts to ship. They've been ____ing around with me about my credit card. Something about fraud and verification since we have multiple card holder names. They dicked on me with the T-1000 as Sarah Connor because they needed "photographic evidence" of my card and identification so I just canceled.

I have a feeling it's going to happen with the T-1000s too, so I just created a new account recently (I'm sure I lost my place with the T-1000 preorder that I ordered in the beginning of summer)..

Wow, sounds like a pain in the arse. Other people have been having issues with Sideshow, myself included - card declines on account pages, emails from sideshow to that effect and then when you check with your credit card company you find out that they have no record of SS even trying the card. Happened with my T-800 and T-1000 Sarah. Vodoun had the same kind of issue recently too.

But yeah, I'm aiming for 3-4 looks. Regular (Galleria), Motorcycle Cop, Steel Mill and split head with hook arms. But really, I only want to buy 3 full releases. I could always buy loose bodies depending on how they cost on the secondary market..

That is exactly my plan. I worked it out when T-1000 was first shown that you need 3 of the figure and a truetype to achieve those 4 looks. All except for the standard patrol cop's top and t-shirt - you'd need an extra set of those to go under the biker cop jacket or a decent substitute - or you could just have your biker cop figure not be completely accurate to his appearance in the film and you could zip his coat up all the way.

Buying from ebay is great, you wouldn't have any problems. The only negative thing about it (excluding be a seller) is it's addicting as hell.

You'd seriously end up with 1000s of T-800s a-dev, I'm not even joking.

Probably best that I continue to steer clear of it then, I'm bad enough as it is.

Your item was accepted in HONG KONG on September 05, 2010 at 12:28 pm. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

:banana

I never realised you were such a die-hard T2 fan a-dev?!

I know I'm very understated in my T2 fanatacism. In fact I tend to avoid these threads altogether :lol

Your item was accepted in HONG KONG on September 05, 2010 at 12:28 pm. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

:banana

Excellent. And I can see you aren't feeling quite so much doubt now that you know its on its way.

How much are the donut heads going for? I'm not sure what price range I'm supposed to aim for it.

Just received my T-1000 donut head sculpt and in hand it is awsome. Got it from the bay for about $60.00

Back