Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A-dev, those 3 are definate choices for me as well. I'm debating on a fourth though. Thats a lot of dough, even if I just bought the seperate parts I'd need outside the two full figures I buy. Maybe over time as people sell theirs here?

Running with a-dev's idea...

I think I might get TWO T-1000s to make 3 figures:

1. Pescadaro version - shot up, hook arms, split head.

2. Motorcycle Cop - knife arm and machine gun ready.

3. Final Battle version - pointy finger and hole head.

Ideally, I would like to have on display biker version, regular version with "donut" head, and regular version with split head/crazy metal claw arms of doom.

Damn do I love Hot Toys.

You can't just talk about this, you have to write it all down to see what you need and what you'll have leftover. As for those leftovers, of which there'd be a lot...I'm not sure yet if I would part with them what with that OCD need to keep everything complete..but I have done so before so who knows.

I'm not that ____ about screen accuracy, so long as I have the donut head on display. Hell, I may just give him a wife beater and whitey-tighties on a spare narrow shoulder TT and call it a day.

Even though we're not getting a Todd head, a carton of milk would be such a badass accessory.

Also, did I read this incorrectly, or is the TT for this a different slim than the standard?
It seems T-1000 use a slim body..... but I guess a narrow shoulder TT would be fine to be used with the bike cop jacket...

I'm not that ____ about screen accuracy, so long as I have the donut head on display. Hell, I may just give him a wife beater and whitey-tighties on a spare narrow shoulder TT and call it a day.

T-1000.gif

It seems T-1000 use a slim body..... but I guess a narrow shoulder TT would be fine to be used with the bike cop jacket...

I'd have to dig through the thread (and seeing what it's turned into at points, no thanks), but I thought someone said the slim's legs were extended.

Insane? Hell no! Us Terminator nuts need our fix and buying a 2 in 1 figure for the same price as Arnie and Sarah makes it all possible. :yess:
:panic:

:clap :1-1:

A-dev, those 3 are definate choices for me as well. I'm debating on a fourth though. Thats a lot of dough, even if I just bought the seperate parts I'd need outside the two full figures I buy. Maybe over time as people sell theirs here?

It is a lot of expenditure...and then we'll have the BD T-800, I could very well want 3 of those...and HT may yet surprise us with young John connor or a third T-800, cyberdyne version. I'm gonna have to...blow up Hot Toys or something...

So which versions of T-1000 would you want to create Buttmunch? What seperate parts would you end up needing?

Arrrgh, this is what happens when I skip a day of reading. So many posts to wade through!

I have to say, after going "squeeeee!" in ultimate nerdgasm from the thread title, I was brought down a little by the pictures. Put me in the camp of "needs tweaking" but still ready to press the pre-order button when it shows up.:yess:

So apparently the helmet fits over the standard head. The eyes seem to be spaced narrow, so maybe the off-kilter facial features are meant to accomodate the sunglasses when the helmet is on. But then again, why let an accessory dictate the accuracy of a portrait?

As for the absence of a full open sauce head that we expected, I was willing to bet the neck post would've interfered with a screen-accurate sculpt, but pictures show the head and neck are not separate like the Arnie portrait, so I'm at a loss on that one.:confused:

Actually, I was hoping for an alternate pizza face version where the T-800 unloads a full clip right into the T-1000's face in the liquid nitrogen truck...

Given the many figures derived from Iron-Man, I'm hoping against hope that HT may squeeze out some worthy bonus accessories to expand on this character.:pray:

That's all the two cents I have.

:clap :1-1:

It is a lot of expenditure...and then we'll have the BD T-800, I could very well want 3 of those...and HT may yet surprise us with young John connor or a third T-800, cyberdyne version. I'm gonna have to...blow up Hot Toys or something...

So which versions of T-1000 would you want to create Buttmunch? What seperate parts would you end up needing?

I'm thinking...

1) Regular Cop
2) Biker Cop
3) Steel Mill w/ Donut head

I'm really not sure on all of the attachments/damage/goodies to put with each version. But I figure between buying 2 figures, I'd really only need to get a seperate body and shirts/belts for the third figure.

My biggest decision is figuring out if I want the regular cop to be just that or if I want him to be all out with hook arms and healing head, etc.

And by the way, having the new NECA T-1000s, I see no reason why NECA could make the expolded head an interchangable head and not HT. Methinks it will either be a Sideshow/Toy Hunters exclusive acccessory or else it will be included with a seperate figure like the donut head. I think they put the healing head with the full figure since most would rather have the exploded version. So the healing head wouldn't be as 'must have' as the donut head is with the Sarah-1000. So if HT makes a John, which head would make you want to buy him more? The healing or exploded? The exploded for most people I'd think. So the lack of that head may be a strategy again. And some may complain about that, but just look at all of the stuff we are getting with this figure. If needing to give the other head to other figures to get is made is the only way to get it done, then I'm OK with that. Its better to have something be a pain in the butt to get than to not have it made at all.

I'm thinking...

1) Regular Cop
2) Biker Cop
3) Steel Mill w/ Donut head

So thats:

#1 Regular cop (Galleria/Pescadero) T-1000 with options for healing head, hook arms, bullet damage, pistol use

In same purchase but with additional TT body you create Biker cop. He takes the regular headsculpt from your 'Steel mill' figure what with that one getting the donut head. But he requires the vest and patrol cop shirt underneath the jacket - stolen from SS fig? Belt can also come from your steel mill figure (as he doesn't have the bulky belt in those scenes). Biker cop has option for sub-machine gun use and/or sword arm

#2 Steel mill T-1000 with options for bullet damage, stabbing finger, wagging finger. He is surrendering the regular headsculpt to #1. A healing headsculpt is left spare. He uses the trousers and boots from the biker outfit. The biker helmet and jacket become spare as does the regular cop trousers and shoes.

So yeah you've got 2 uncertainties there. Whether or not you can get the donut head and where to take the vest and shirt from for the Biker T-1000.

And by the way, having the new NECA T-1000s, I see no reason why NECA could make the expolded head an interchangable head and not HT. Methinks it will either be a Sideshow/Toy Hunters exclusive acccessory or else it will be included with a seperate figure like the donut head. I think they put the healing head with the full figure since most would rather have the exploded version. So the healing head wouldn't be as 'must have' as the donut head is with the Sarah-1000. So if HT makes a John, which head would make you want to buy him more? The healing or exploded? The exploded for most people I'd think. So the lack of that head may be a strategy again. And some may complain about that, but just look at all of the stuff we are getting with this figure. If needing to give the other head to other figures to get is made is the only way to get it done, then I'm OK with that. Its better to have something be a pain in the butt to get than to not have it made at all.

Makes sense, if this strategy also increased the likelihood of HT being willing to make young John then I say 'great'...just don't make him a damned convention exclusive! Regular MMS!

Oh I fully plan on getting the donut head. I wanted the Sarah-1000 before that was known to be included so it really is just a great bonus.

And I'll probably just snag the extra shirts/body I need for the third figure. But yeah, there should be plenty of parts to spare and have fun with. :D

I reckon this T-1000 has a better likeness than the hot toys t-800.

The only thing ridiculous is the ears, they look way too stretched out.

I reckon this T-1000 has a better likeness than the hot toys t-800.

The only thing ridiculous is the ears, they look way too stretched out.

Seriously? Personally I feel the T800 is their best ever. Perfect on my eyes.

Whereas this needs some tweaking ro be that level.

Back