Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lucked out with the gun, came with the Hot Toys Rambo 2 and I don't use it for him and it's the same gun she has in the old promo shots. I'd have still done that probably with her shotgun, but what the hell if I've got the right gun.

Yes, and no, both are AK variants, but the rifle that Sarah holds is a AKM, and the version your Sarah holds is a AK-47

that is one hell of a T-2 collection maul....How do you like the PF. Everything on it looks great except the head sculpt. Just looks way off to me.

The headsculpt is the best thing about the pf, its great. Don't let the squatty HT sculpt skew your perception of what Arnie looked like in the movie. *Note that I am not bashing the HT sculpt, it is also great...but it is a little off.

that is one hell of a T-2 collection maul....How do you like the PF. Everything on it looks great except the head sculpt. Just looks way off to me.

The headsculpt is the best thing about the pf

I'm with Furious, and probably a lot of the PF owners, the headsculpt is the highlight for me. Trev did a great job of captruing Arnie's likeness, and the emotional qualities he had. From the neck down, it's still a really cool piece but the leather parts, much like Sideshow's figure, aren't so nice looking, but overall I'm quite happy with it and glad I was able to snag it off the WL. One thing I do like a lot about it that I hope HT achieves if they ever make the part is the grenade bandolier, they got the scale of the grenades right, they look great on him, unlike what current 1/6 grenades look like on the HT figure, which is too puny.

The headsculpt is the best thing about the pf, its great. Don't let the squatty HT sculpt skew your perception of what Arnie looked like in the movie. *Note that I am not bashing the HT sculpt, it is also great...but it is a little off.

:lecture Give it a HT paintjob and shorten its hair a bit (make it a bit less bouffant) and the PF trumps HT IMO. Facial details, dimensions and expresson are spot-on...IMO.

HT has dead-on facial detail, expression and paintjob but yeah the vertical dimensions are too squashed and sometimes makes his eyes seem too far apart to me. Also my personal preferance would have been slghtly longer hair - NECA length rather than PF length though.

:lecture Give it a HT paintjob and shorten its hair a bit (make it a bit less bouffant) and the PF trumps HT IMO. Facial details, dimensions and expresson are spot-on...IMO.

HT has dead-on facial detail, expression and paintjob but yeah the vertical dimensions are too squashed and sometimes makes his eyes seem too far apart to me. Also my personal preferance would have been slghtly longer hair - NECA length rather than PF length though.

The PF is very underrated. Its a piece i'll never sell. If I were Sideshow i'd secure guys like Andy B and Trevor full time.

The PF is very underrated. Its a piece i'll never sell. If I were Sideshow i'd secure guys like Andy B and Trevor full time.

I think they're trying, I just hope they never get so hung up on giving them work that they stress them out and drive them away. It's good to use their most talented guys to do lots of their products, but they put out so many items, it's not like Hot Toys only having a few artists. I hope to see work from the guys I like at Sideshow for a long time.

you're right Maul...the HS on that PF is great...I was thinking of the one they haven't released yet....the HS on it looks terrible compared to the Cyberdyne PF...the only gripe I would say about this one is his upper body looks a little puny but that could just be the way he is turned...

oh and my t-1000 has shipped from forbidden plant usa....141 shipped....not too shabby...I was able to cancel the gohastings through a simple email....

you're right Maul...the HS on that PF is great...I was thinking of the one they haven't released yet....the HS on it looks terrible compared to the Cyberdyne PF...the only gripe I would say about this one is his upper body looks a little puny but that could just be the way he is turned...

The unpainted head looks good on the new statue, and even the details on the body sculpt and paint looks good, for me it's the elected pose that hurts it, a different pose of that same sculpt would rock, which is what sucks, you can sense what could be, it'd suck less if it was just an all around bad looking piece. Right now it's like getting a double from swinging for a homerun.

The right arm is loose on mine too.
Im sure I could just tighten the shoulder screw like Ive done on one of my other HTs figures, but I cant be bothered atm lol
Have you tried that?

Since it's mostly T-1000s, I'll use this thread to share with my T2 bretheren.

010111.jpg

Love your setup, Sean.
Just changed mine a bit, hommage to the first encounter of the two:

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

And the stances they had just a few hours ago:

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

The right arm is loose on mine too.
Im sure I could just tighten the shoulder screw like Ive done on one of my other HTs figures, but I cant be bothered atm lol
Have you tried that?

Well it's actually the elbow joint...which seems to jiggle around from side to side a bit. My other T-1000 is the same way. Upon further inspection I'm noticing this to some degree on MOST of my true types.

I'm pretty sure this has been asked dozens of times, but this thread is too long for searching...

- Anybody has an extra utility belt that you are willing to sell for a reasonable price?

- Anybody knows of an alternative utility belt that works with this guy?
I'm not a freak for 100% accuracy so... any suggestions?

Back