Hot Toys MIS10 - Michael Jackson (Beat It version) spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't pre-order this unless someone i trust will carry these,Toys2,Sideshow,ABC-Express.

Are some of you guys even looking at the same figure i am? You don't see MJ here? Really?

MichaelJacksonBeatItversionCollectibleFigure_PR2.jpg

I'm glad that i don't have ANY problems with the figure

There are perfectionists that are gonna hate a sculpt no matter what, and MJ fans that are gonna love the sculpt no matter what. Being someone that, I believe, falls in the middle somewhere, I have to say that likeness just isn't all that great. I think it is mostly the eyes. Won't stop me from buying the figure, but this is not a likeness on par with Hot Toys' Platoon figures by any stretch.

Im not a perfectionist. I just don't see MJ there. Especially considering Hot Toys history of producing dead on likenesses, this isn't even close. To me it looks like someone that passingly bears a slight resemblance to MJ. I just dont see him. I think its the mouth that is off for me.

Im not a perfectionist. I just don't see MJ there. Especially considering Hot Toys history of producing dead on likenesses, this isn't even close. To me it looks like someone that passingly bears a slight resemblance to MJ. I just dont see him. I think its the mouth that is off for me.

Neither do i, i've said it before...the photos that are up close (of the face) look rather accurate. The photos taken from a distance, basically the whole figure, it simply doesn't. I suggest you folks go take another look at the 'Beat It' video...seriously :)

There are perfectionists that are gonna hate a sculpt no matter what, and MJ fans that are gonna love the sculpt no matter what. Being someone that, I believe, falls in the middle somewhere, I have to say that likeness just isn't all that great.

You're probably right there. I put it down to just people with extremely low demands, write '1/6 Cary Grant Figure' on the picture and suddenly it's 100%-spot-on Cary Grant in their eyes, but there are plenty of Jackson fans who think every song is the greatest, there is no wrong, etc, etc, it's probably more likely that there's a bit of that coming in, as you say. At the same time, I think there's also some who really have a extremely hazy memory of this video, seeming to remember little more than that he was black... That's not to belittle people that say it looks like Jackson, it's just that it seems to me that the lacking in likeness here is a factual matter, as clear as day for those willing or able to look at it objectively.

Like the other person above though, I'd really like the outfit at least, so that if anyone ever does make at least a halfway decent head I'll be ready. The outfit looks just great, wonderful it is.

There are perfectionists that are gonna hate a sculpt no matter what, and MJ fans that are gonna love the sculpt no matter what. Being someone that, I believe, falls in the middle somewhere, I have to say that likeness just isn't all that great. I think it is mostly the eyes. Won't stop me from buying the figure, but this is not a likeness on par with Hot Toys' Platoon figures by any stretch.

I agree with this, but to me is the best HT MJ likeness so far...

HT has plenty of misses... but I wouldn't consider this as one...

Neither do i, i've said it before...the photos that are up close (of the face) look rather accurate. The photos taken from a distance, basically the whole figure, it simply doesn't. I suggest you folks go take another look at the 'Beat It' video...seriously :)

:panic:
Honestly, HT has never disappointed me once the figure is in my hands...

You're probably right there. I put it down to just people with extremely low demands, write '1/6 Cary Grant Figure' on the picture and suddenly it's 100%-spot-on Cary Grant in their eyes, but there are plenty of Jackson fans who think every song is the greatest, there is no wrong, etc, etc, it's probably more likely that there's a bit of that coming in, as you say. At the same time, I think there's also some who really have a extremely hazy memory of this video, seeming to remember little more than that he was black... That's not to belittle people that say it looks like Jackson, it's just that it seems to me that the lacking in likeness here is a factual matter, as clear as day for those willing or able to look at it objectively.
It's a toy!!! :lol

Like the other person above though, I'd really like the outfit at least, so that if anyone ever does make at least a halfway decent head I'll be ready. The outfit looks just great, wonderful it is.

Outfit kicks ass!! :rock!

I would buy it in a heartbeat, now I need to know where :|
:hi5:

Been out of the loop for awhile so I was thrilled to see this thread, Beat It is one of my favorite looks, but the likeness just isn't there for me either. I probably wouldn't be able to get it anyway, so I guess it kind of works out though.

Back