Hot Toys MIS10 - Michael Jackson (Beat It version) spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
006.jpg

942062_1284148945024.73res_208_300.jpg

xxx-23253304108.jpeg

The King had some huge piano playing hands!

Part of me says just get this, part of me says the Thriller figure is more iconic, part of me says wait for smooth criminal before making any decisions. :dunno

Part of me says just get this, part of me says the Thriller figure is more iconic, part of me says wait for smooth criminal before making any decisions. :dunno

I have them all, but if I had to only pick one to have it would be this one. It's the best likeness of Michael to date in my opinion. I wouldn't pass it up if I were you. :exactly:

I have them all, but if I had to only pick one to have it would be this one. It's the best likeness of Michael to date in my opinion. I wouldn't pass it up if I were you. :exactly:

I love it for the same reasons you mentioned, he has an amazing headsculpt, but the outfit isnt my favorite. The Thriller outfit stands out so much more to me. I just get kind of turned off by the Thriller headsculpt so I have a hard time pulling the trigger on him too.

Its like every MJ release is great but there is something about each one that prevents me from getting it. Billie Jean costs over a grand, Thriller has a so so headsculpt, Beat It doesnt stand out to me outfit wise. Why cant Hot Toys just show us Smooth Criminal already so I can just decide :monkey2

I love this outfit, one of my top 3 MJ looks... the Thriller has gotten stale to me, as iconic as it is.

Don't forget Michael in BAD with the extra shirt that's my favorite it goes for alot on ebay now.

I love it for the same reasons you mentioned, he has an amazing headsculpt, but the outfit isnt my favorite. The Thriller outfit stands out so much more to me. I just get kind of turned off by the Thriller headsculpt so I have a hard time pulling the trigger on him too.

Its like every MJ release is great but there is something about each one that prevents me from getting it. Billie Jean costs over a grand, Thriller has a so so headsculpt, Beat It doesnt stand out to me outfit wise. Why cant Hot Toys just show us Smooth Criminal already so I can just decide :monkey2

I still don't understand why you don't think Beat It doesn't stand out to you outfit wise? The jacket alone was as iconic as the Thriller one. In fact you had way more rip offs of that jacket during the 80's than the Thriller Jacket. Having a plethora of zippers became a HUGE craze.

Sammy from the movie, The Wedding Singer would argue as well.

I still don't understand why you don't think Beat It doesn't stand out to you outfit wise? The jacket alone was as iconic as the Thriller one. In fact you had way more rip offs of that jacket during the 80's than the Thriller Jacket. Having a plethora of zippers became a HUGE craze.

wedding+2.jpg

wedding+2.jpg

It just doesnt. Im not arguing that the look wasnt as popular, I do think the jacket in Beat It is iconic and I remember everybody wanting the jacket with a million zippers, but the look of Thriller stands out more to me. The red jacket with the high shoulder pads pointing out with the red pants catches my eye more than the Beat It look. I love both, but the Beat It outfit is the lesser of the two. Just my opinion.

It just doesnt. Im not arguing that the look wasnt as popular, I do think the jacket in Beat It is iconic and I remember everybody wanting the jacket with a million zippers, but the look of Thriller stands out more to me. The red jacket with the high shoulder pads pointing out with the red pants catches my eye more than the Beat It look. I love both, but the Beat It outfit is the lesser of the two. Just my opinion.

Well think what you want, however it's definitely no qualm to me. MJ alone is iconic, no matter what era. If you're not happy with The Bad figure which is from the same era as The Smooth Criminal figure you're waiting on, and you're not happy with the Beat It figure because of a less iconic look in your mind, then you might never be happy with anything. Beat It offers an amazing sculpt, and I can't imagine the sculpt for the SC version will offer that much more detail than the Bad version. It's up to you, I'm not going to twist your arm. I might poke and prod you to the point of insanity though... :stick

Well think what you want, however it's definitely no qualm to me. MJ alone is iconic, no matter what era. If you're not happy with The Bad figure which is from the same era as The Smooth Criminal figure you're waiting on, and you're not happy with the Beat It figure because of a less iconic look in your mind, then you might never be happy with anything. Beat It offers an amazing sculpt, and I can't imagine the sculpt for the SC version will offer that much more detail than the Bad version. It's up to you, I'm not going to twist your arm. I might poke and prod you to the point of insanity though... :stick

Well I agree, he is iconic no matter what, its just with so many options I want to make sure I get the right figure that ill be happy with. Its not that im "not happy" with any of the offerings really, I just think if im going to fork over $150-$300 for one of these figures, I might as well pick something that I know im going to like. And I cant imagine the SC version will be more detailed than the Bad figure either, I actually think the Bad figure is the most accurate of all of them, but its just a preference thing. The Bad outfit is accurate, but I always disliked the look. Beat It is a cool outfit, but doesnt stand out as much as Thriller does. Its not that im "unhappy", im just hesitant as to which figure to get especially knowing another one is right around the corner. I get what your saying tho, I might seem a little too nit picky and need to stop being so critical but these figures arent really cheap so I just want to make sure I make the right purchase so I cant really help it :dunno

Why do people like you even bothering coming in this thread? Do you need some sort of validation that you exist?? MOVE ON! No one wants to hear you! :pfft:

lol I was just trying to have a good ol' trolling. Why do you have to go bursting my bubble? just messin round mate:wink1:

Anyone know what this is? I've been trying to figure it out, but I don't know where it might have broken off from. I don't see it in anyone's pictures. I figured it might be the pull for the zipper, but it's too large and it's not in the pics. Any help would be appreciated. I'm bummed it's broken, but since I don't know where it's from I'm not all that bummed. It fell out when I raised the arms.
2r6p6wx.jpg

Back