Hot Toys MIS10 - Michael Jackson (Beat It version) spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my "tribute'. The facial expression/direction of the eyes make this figure really hard to pose IMO, but here's my best go.

Has anybody seen this under $250? I want it but have a hard time bringing myself to buy it considering its lack of accessories and that the thriller version is cheaper

What video? I don't see anything.
Oh I don't know...maybe the 'Beat It' music video...
Has anybody seen this under $250? I want it but have a hard time bringing myself to buy it considering its lack of accessories and that the thriller version is cheaper

Yeah but you have to consider the fact that the Beat It sculpt is by far the best and supercedes the first thriller rendition.

What's more important to you? Quality or quantity. Personally for me, I'd rather own 1 piece I'm ecstatic about over 2 pieces that I feel could be drastically improved.

Though I think the Beat It likeness is slightly better, I don't think it blows the doors off of Thriller. Plus, with Thriller, you get a pretty spot on zombie look option, and Thriller is the more iconic look IMO from what I believe to be the high point of MJ's entire career.

If I were to pick one MJ to own, it would be Thriller version.

I have seen it under $250 a couple of times on these boards (including when I got mine ;) ), but not very often. $250ish is a fair price all things considered IMO, but considering you can get Thriller for about $100 cheaper. . .

Oh I don't know...maybe the 'Beat It' music video...

Yeah but you have to consider the fact that the Beat It sculpt is by far the best and supercedes the first thriller rendition.

What's more important to you? Quality or quantity. Personally for me, I'd rather own 1 piece I'm ecstatic about over 2 pieces that I feel could be drastically improved.

I know what you mean, the sculpt is slightly better but the look isnt nearly iconic imo. I honestly think id be unsatisfied with either because the thriller has the awkward facial expression and the beat it has a unrecognizable outfit.

I know what you mean, the sculpt is slightly better but the look isnt nearly iconic imo. I honestly think id be unsatisfied with either because the thriller has the awkward facial expression and the beat it has a unrecognizable outfit.

Beat it.....unrecognizable outfit? The jacket was almost as popular as the Thriller jacket in the 80s. Don't really understand that comment...

Anyhow, I plan on getting this figure eventually. Plan on repainting the face just like I did with the Thriller one. For some reason, Hot Toys can seem to get his lip tone color down right.

I wonder if this is unsold stock from last year, or if this is a new run for the Western market?

I'm guessing it's the former. Perhaps the "unnumbered" ones from Hong Kong?

I wonder if this is unsold stock from last year, or if this is a new run for the Western market?

I'm guessing it's the former. Perhaps the "unnumbered" ones from Hong Kong?
I think it is definitely the former. BBTS has "Friend" pre-orders for $170; amiami is selling Demon Bats/Scarecrow for $200. HT produced the ____ out of these, and now we're seeing the after-effects. You can't produce 4,000 of something and expect that it's gonna sell out as an exclusive to certain retailers on a specific continent.

Well that would have to mean that the Batman exclusive SS touted on their FB would have to be Demon Bats/Scarecrow then.

I guess that's good for folks who wanted but missed out, but I can't imagine there are too many of those folks who didn't just import it in the first place.

Myself personally, I'm disappointed.

No, I don't think that's the case. The Facebook post was by HT, and was mentioned alongside a new Predator exclusive that will be available to Asian cons. . .unless you're referring to some other exclusive Sideshow brought up.

Though I would love to have this, I'm going to have to pass. I have the BAD version which to me IS the Michael Jackson I want to remember. Plus I have the special project Iron Man coming this month and anything else that might come out for SDCC. Just not enough money.

Though I would love to have this, I'm going to have to pass. I have the BAD version which to me IS the Michael Jackson I want to remember. Plus I have the special project Iron Man coming this month and anything else that might come out for SDCC. Just not enough money.

I'll take that IM off your hands. :naughty

Back