Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think people keep wanting Hot Toys to be the company they think they are, but they aren't.

The Sneaking Suit Snake is a figure that we deserve, but not the one that we need..

So they'll keep trolling us with undesirable releases,
Because we can take it,
We're the loyal buyers, the watchful collectors,
The Fan Boys..

Anybody able to point to a good (or bad) review of this guy? I never pulled the trigger as something about it felt off.. Even after seeing it at SDCC this year.. but my love for MGS is strong and like a sirens call, it still pulls at me.

Anybody able to point to a good (or bad) review of this guy? I never pulled the trigger as something about it felt off.. Even after seeing it at SDCC this year.. but my love for MGS is strong and like a sirens call, it still pulls at me.

Hmm I haven't seen a "bad" review but if your a fan of MGS at all I would highly suggest it. It is at least the greatest 1/6 based on MGS ever and I don't regret it at all.

I saw this figure in a glass display at Midtown Comics last night. None of the pictures in this thread do it justice at all - it's a fantastic looking piece.

I'm still waiting for Sideshow to ship out my order again :gah:

I saw him at SDCC and Snake did look much cooler in person than in the images I've seen.. but there's something about his head that looks off to me. I don't know.. anyway, I'll ask again.. any reviews out there for him?

The figures hot, it looks great and has a good amount of stuff, yeah the articulation is crap do to the suit, but I knew that going in. If your a fan of mg3 this is the best there is, if your an articulation junkie, move along. The best way to discribe the articulation is to compare it to 89 batman, its about the same if anyones wondering. The sneaking suit was the right choice for this piece, as all the other suits have already been done in 1:6.

Now all I need is a soild snake and I'm good, not interested in the boss figure, its not my cup of tea and the caractor while important to the story does not need to be on my shelf.

The figures hot, it looks great and has a good amount of stuff, yeah the articulation is crap do to the suit, but I knew that going in. If your a fan of mg3 this is the best there is, if your an articulation junkie, move along. The best way to discribe the articulation is to compare it to 89 batman, its about the same if anyones wondering. The sneaking suit was the right choice for this piece, as all the other suits have already been done in 1:6.

Now all I need is a soild snake and I'm good, not interested in the boss figure, its not my cup of tea and the caractor while important to the story does not need to be on my shelf.

I think you and I are probably the only ones who feel this way. I always liked the Sneaking Suit. But, judging from the reactions in this thread, it would have probably been wiser for Hot Toys if they released a standard camo for Big Boss first, and then have the Sneaking Suit as a convention exclusive.

Hopefully, Hot Toys is making changes to The Boss' head-sculpt (since the figure is delayed for some reason). I really would like to get that figure, but it's just too fugly :monkey1

I think you and I are probably the only ones who feel this way. I always liked the Sneaking Suit. But, judging from the reactions in this thread, it would have probably been wiser for Hot Toys if they released a standard camo for Big Boss first, and then have the Sneaking Suit as a convention exclusive.

Hopefully, Hot Toys is making changes to The Boss' head-sculpt (since the figure is delayed for some reason). I really would like to get that figure, but it's just too fugly :monkey1

Well I only had the coldwar version in 1:6 scale, but I sold it as there was no point in keeping it after getting this version, they would'nt display well together. I kinda got bored of the standard camo just from looking at them figures in reviews and pics, this is something differant and fresh. The boss figure has no draw for me, I have no want for that figure at all, the ugly @$$ face isn't helping that ether though. I hope they do fix the head though for those interested in that piece.

I just received mine.
The figure is fantastic. Much better in person than in photos.
The only negative point I found so far was limited articulation due suit.
Soon I will post more photos.

Well, aside from Plissken, a few members & myself, I don't think there's that much of a negativity here on the boards. The Boss however, we'll wait and see.

For those who are still in doubt, why so? It's the best and most realistic MGS figure to date, and that alone should be enough to warrant a purchase if you are an MGS fan. :)

Well, aside from Plissken, a few members & myself, I don't think there's that much of a negativity here on the boards. The Boss however, we'll wait and see.

For those who are still in doubt, why so? It's the best and most realistic MGS figure to date, and that alone should be enough to warrant a purchase if you are an MGS fan. :)

Big mgs fan having a hard time buying cause of the head sculpt and the suit it looks silly.

You guys aren't the only ones, I always liked the Sneaking Suit of MGS3 I just think they didn't execute it perfectly. But we knew articulation was going to be zip with this figure from the get go :(

Can anyone tell me if the cord from Snake's radio that attaches to the collar of the suit is detachable (and re-attachable). I have all the stuff I need for a Tiger Stripe Snake except his harness, belt, and head, and was thinking about just buying the full figure and being able to swap between Sneaking suit and Tiger Stripe, but I don't want to if I would have to break that cord from the collar.

The day after Christmas (December 26th) in the UK and Canada. I think they have it in Hong Kong too.

Back