Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look I own this figure I have been a designer, sculptor, mixed media artist most my life at 41. Heck I have been playing MGS since the mid 80's when it cam out on nintendo, to be honest this figure is probably the best rendition EVER of Naked Snake and that is if you never have owned one in 1/6th scale save the medicom versions. I bought it I like it doubt I will keep it thou.....I will trade it or sell it asap as I bought it to do just that eventually. I say unless we ourselves can do better we should keep mum, we are as humans always critical of what we ourselves cannot produce : ) that is including myself. But to say the least the only futz i have with it is the restricted mid torso articulation but other than that it doesnt get any better..... Keep cool Guys Hot Toys may surprise us yet again : )

^Why would you buy as a fan with no intension of keeping it, are you just looking to flip it cause it may take awhile for it to increase in value especially after you opened it. And if its the best rendition of naked snake why don't you want to keep it?

The thoughts of cutting it open scare the **** out of me. I think it's fine and I have every intention to leave it stock. I just hope they do a BDU variant.

The main issues I have with this figure as hardcore MGS fans as myself is that is not Naked Snake. That's Naked Snake "re imagined" for the new 3ds game. This is Naked Snake:

caloriemate.jpg

And all that talk about HT can't sculpt a PS2 model because it lacks detail is a poor justification on why they didn't do the real Naked Snake. 99% of us either played MGS3 on Ps2/Ps3/Vita/360 and that's the Snake we want. Yes, I have MGS3d but still that's not the Snake to sculpt off from. What gives, Hot Toys?

Absolutely. :clap

Nope, you can reduce the damage though, you'll have to rip the sides of the torso piece( just one side) and then undo the stitching of the fabric suit once that is off

I'm with Snake Plissken. I can remove stuff, cutting is another ball game.

I guess if I want to bash, I would need to buy another body...the suit is already a PITA and I don't even have the figure yet, haha.

What about the black armor piece that's on top of the suit? Can that be removed without cutting?

Elvis, stop buying all of the Kaustic Plastic bodies please. What used to be $35 bucks are now $80 on the evilbay...haha.

For all here who have been asking for more photos!
Didn't have time to take lots of pics, but here's what i do have though.
I personally think it was a good choice for HT to do the Sneaking Suit. Its more challenging to pull off, and as much as i love his camo fatigues, those have been done many times.
Enjoy.
bigbossctr.jpg

bigbossleft.jpg

bigbossright.jpg

Just got this bad boy and pics don't do it justice. The sneaking suit is AWESOME!!! I can't believe I've got a hot toys big boss on my shelf. Bring on Solid Snake from MGS2.

My only issue so far with the Hot Toys headsculpt is NOT ENOUGH MULLET. The mullet should be a little bit longer at the back IMO. But its negligible compared to the overall look of the figure

My only issue so far with the Hot Toys headsculpt is NOT ENOUGH MULLET. The mullet should be a little bit longer at the back IMO. But its negligible compared to the overall look of the figure

Agreed on that, it should be longer and swooping outward from the bottom.

It's funny, you can tell when a figure has jack for articulation by looking at OMG's preview pics. I was just looking at his pics for this figure in anticipation of receiving mine and noticed that all of the poses are very close to static. Normally he makes some really realistic awesome looking poses. Mental note for me the next time around =)

I can't see the Boss being much different from this to be honest. But I may actually enjoy it more than Snake since I'm not a fan of this headsculpt. I just hope Boss has a more feminine headsculpt :dunno

I can't see the Boss being much different from this to be honest. But I may actually enjoy it more than Snake since I'm not a fan of this headsculpt. I just hope Boss has a more feminine headsculpt :dunno

I dont think they will do anything to the sculpt at this point man. She'll look like a shemale and we all have to live with that :panic:

Yet you guys still bought. Honestly it only does bad when we support practices we are not fond of. Even if they do variants, it will be 80% the same figure featuring probably a slightly altered headsculpt. Yeah they might stop the line if these don't sell, but so what if they do it teaches Hot Toys nothing. Next time around we will get a Solid Snake with barely any articulation that looks highly inaccurate and then we'll have to buy those too in order to convince them to make a good one? Or a mountain of variants? I think people keep wanting Hot Toys to be the company they think they are, but they aren't.

Very true, but most of us are idiot fanboys myself included :(

Solid Snake should not have nearly the amount of articulation hindrance of Naked Snake since it would be one lay of fabric on his arms.

Very true, but most of us are idiot fanboys myself included :(

Solid Snake should not have nearly the amount of articulation hindrance of Naked Snake since it would be one lay of fabric on his arms.

Same boat. I shouldn't encourage them, but I can't stop...I must have the figure. It's a hobby after all, I get to do dumb stuff.

Back