Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very true hope im wrong but it showed Mgs3 and we got both of those characters.

9152058a013ea3bf16258ae748b7b37e.jpg

Yeah, sadly you may be right about that :( hopefully they give us 2 characters from each game, one hero and one villain, MGS1, Solid and Liquid, MGS2, Solid and Solidus or maybe Raiden. Or maybe they'll save Raiden for MGS4.

I'm sure HT won't be stupid enough to dump the series after two figures though, MGS can make them loads of money if they give the fans what they want. Solid Snake from MGS1 or MGS2 will sell like hot cakes.

Then again, HT only gave us 2 figures from the Watchmen license even though fans really wanted them to make Rorschach.

^ if those those only got 2 figures they'd only scratch the sale potential. MGS is the same, untapped it can't make the money its capable of.

Changed to November on SSC, but not listed in the shipping within next 30 days :cuckoo:

Guys its easy to talk big but did you ever wonder that the reason MGS figures have not been milked is because they really arent money makers? Yeah we can all say the fanbase is super dedicated and such but really is there going to be a hige market of people ready to spend 200-250 per MGS characters? Honestly my guess is probably not.

Guys its easy to talk big but did you ever wonder that the reason MGS figures have not been milked is because they really arent money makers? Yeah we can all say the fanbase is super dedicated and such but really is there going to be a hige market of people ready to spend 200-250 per MGS characters? Honestly my guess is probably not.

:exactly::goodpost: well said

Well one thing MGS certainly has over their current money makers is time. The license and characters are still beloved after many years. If current 'Fad' figures can sell for $200 then it stands to reason that time-tested characters will sell for as much.

Well one thing MGS certainly has over their current money makers is time. The license and characters are still beloved after many years. If current 'Fad' figures can sell for $200 then it stands to reason that time-tested characters will sell for as much.

They've wasted enough time with this license, I can't imagine how long it will take IF they even make more characters. It's too bad really, I actually wouldn't mind a company like Enterbay taking over and doing the figures. I've never owned an Enterbay figure btw i'm just saying.

I also don't want to go too off topic here but I think they'd do a better job at Snake. Just using Che as an example since Big Boss is inspired by him.

1.jpg

Not exactly. MGS figures have always been in high demand. Just look at how fast the ThreeA Metal Gear REX figure has sold out. Ashley Wood even commented that it's the single best selling piece in ThreeA's history.

Unfortunately though, the Sneaking Suit Big Boss figure hasn't been one of the more popular (or iconic) looks for the character. The Boss figure is also very ugly - and even dedicated MGS collectors like myself are hesitant to get it. So, chalk it up to Hot Toys for choosing two odd figures to start their MGS line when they should have opted for something more iconic - eg. Jungle fatigues snake, Solid Snake, Meryl, etc.

Not exactly. MGS figures have always been in high demand. Just look at how fast the ThreeA Metal Gear REX figure has sold out. Ashley Wood even commented that it's the single best selling piece in ThreeA's history.

Unfortunately though, the Sneaking Suit Big Boss figure hasn't been one of the more popular (or iconic) looks for the character. The Boss figure is also very ugly - and even dedicated MGS collectors like myself are hesitant to get it. So, chalk it up to Hot Toys for choosing two odd figures to start their MGS line when they should have opted for something more iconic - eg. Jungle fatigues snake, Solid Snake, Meryl, etc.
:exactly::goodpost:

Sold out everywhere and 3A Rex costs a freaking bomb! MetalGear merchandise goes for alot in the aftermarket aswell, its a solid franchise with many many fans. Maybe more hardcore than RE or even FinalFantasy id say. So did the Play Arts figure, particularly SolidSnake and Grey Fox. So while it ain't Batman or Ironman money they'll make themselves quite a stack. If not with these then definitely the SolidSnake figures!

HT only gave us 2 figures from the Watchmen even though fans really wanted them to make Rorschach.
They just ****ed it up by making the most borring and doll looking figure as the opening then saying bull**** about how much it's a poor saler.
The Sneaking Suit hasn't been one of the more popular (or iconic) looks for the character.
The Boss figure is also very ugly and even dedicated collectors like myself are hesitant to get it.
So blame Hot Toys for making two odd figures as the start of their MGS line and Konami for approving it.
Fixed & EXACTLY :lecture

I also don't want to go too off topic here but I think they'd do a better job at Snake.
Just using Che as an example since Big Boss is inspired by him.
Big Boss in PW insiped by him but not Naked Snake in MGS3.
This is NAKED SNAKE figure and I want it to resemble Solid Snake.

"The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position"

:lecture

Can't wait for this one. Think it might be my first kit bash ...thinking either the original snake eater gear or maybe a special ops look

Last edited:
Back