Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To those saying because this says "version" on it that we will get a another version; DO keep in mind that, the Sheva figure from RE5 also had a "version" in it's title, and she never got an alternate version.

This is saying nothing about popularity comparisons between the two characters. I'm merely mentioning this fact for information purposes.

So, anyone else see a resemblence to David hayter in the snake sculpt?

Maybe... but, to me, I'm seeing more of a Che Guevara thing going on.

To those saying because this says "version" on it that we will get a another version; DO keep in mind that, the Sheva figure from RE5 also had a "version" in it's title, and she never got an alternate version.

This is saying nothing about popularity comparisons between the two characters. I'm merely mentioning this fact for information purposes.

Good point. But, you have to keep in mind that Sheva was just a support character, while two versions of Chris Redfield were made. So, I'm sure that we'll see at least a few more versions of Snake. Also, I'd say that it's pretty much a given that there will be a con exclusive sometime in the future.

Last edited:

Yeah, i suppose we can't help but get excited after so long.

Just preordered Snake a great day for MGS fans indeed! I can't help but think about a future HT Raiden maybe even a Metal gear Rising version ! Time for my RAH Zombie Snake to move over...there's a new family member on the way and more to come :yess: !

Yeah I am hoping the Medicom ones drop in price too. People can say what they want about them, but I've wanted the Cold War one for years. I love that outfit and I think it is a great more fun symbolic uniform to release a Snake figure with. It is also one I can almost guarantee you Hot Toys would never bother releasing so I think it is a safe grab.

I want this version
snakesubart.jpg

as much as I would like an Eva and a Young Ocelot I am kinda hoping the just straight to the next games.

I think that would be a pretty lame choice to make. I hate when they just jump around from license to license. It makes it hard to pose their releases in any kind of scene that makes sense and it also makes it hard for fans like me since you have this company snag the license and then just play with it and move on, thus making it hard for other companies to fill in the blanks.

There is no reason to rush through this license. New Metal Gear stuff is constantly coming out so the hype will stay. MGS 1, 2, and 4 aren't going anywhere. Hot Toys should take their time and try to complete every lineup chronologically. We should get Eva, Ocelot, and maybe Volgin and then from there they should move to 1 where we should get Otacon, Snake, Meryl, Gray Fox, and whoever else they deem worthy I suppose. Sniper Wolf would be a nice choice. Liquid Snake and Ocelot too.

Hot Toys should take their time and try to complete every lineup chronologically. We should get Eva, Ocelot, and maybe Volgin and then from there they should move to 1 where we should get Otacon, Snake, Meryl, Gray Fox, and whoever else they deem worthy I suppose. Sniper Wolf would be a nice choice. Liquid Snake and Ocelot too.

Sounds like a good plan, i'd like duo releases. So when these two release Ocelot and Volgin go up for order, then when they release, two more go up.

That spaces them out enough that other new licenses get figures.

I think that would be a pretty lame choice to make. I hate when they just jump around from license to license. It makes it hard to pose their releases in any kind of scene that makes sense and it also makes it hard for fans like me since you have this company snag the license and then just play with it and move on, thus making it hard for other companies to fill in the blanks.

There is no reason to rush through this license. New Metal Gear stuff is constantly coming out so the hype will stay. MGS 1, 2, and 4 aren't going anywhere. Hot Toys should take their time and try to complete every lineup chronologically. We should get Eva, Ocelot, and maybe Volgin and then from there they should move to 1 where we should get Otacon, Snake, Meryl, Gray Fox, and whoever else they deem worthy I suppose. Sniper Wolf would be a nice choice. Liquid Snake and Ocelot too.

I understand that logic but I plan to have Snake and Boss reliving the final battle from the game in which case there is no place for anyone else and if they take this long for every new release I will 50 years old by the time they get to MGS2 and dead by MGS4

Costume restricts it likely, i'm not posing him shimmying across a ledge so i'm cool as long as he can point a rifle.

This is what bothered me about Captain America, in the prototype pics, you see him aiming a gun, fighting, but when you get the production piece it's quite a struggle to get him in that pose and keep him there. Maybe it won't be that bad. I guess to be fair even normal costume clothes won't look right with figures posed hands in the air due to bunching of material at the shoulders.

This is what bothered me about Captain America, in the prototype pics, you see him aiming a gun, fighting, but when you get the production piece it's quite a struggle to get him in that pose and keep him there. Maybe it won't be that bad. I guess to be fair even normal costume clothes won't look right with figures posed hands in the air due to bunching of material at the shoulders.

I too have Cap and the use of the muscle body sucks, i don't see the need if his skin isn't on display, that's one of my annoyance of Ht and their pics, they alway put the figure in poses it cannot do with the aid of something or just plain can't do.

With Cap there is a bit of a workaround, that wouldn't work ln Snake though, it looks in the pics that he can have his rifle pretty high, i just want the stock agains his clavical.

Looks doable from this pic...

470060_347513688643961_138228759572456_1047792_1028143471_o.jpg

Back