Hot Toys Melting Superman Emblem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skullboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just a heads up for who have this figure.
I saw a post on Facebook that described the figure as having his Emblem melting so I checked mine, and mine was too.
I have got rid of mine. Such a shame, loved this figure.

Last edited:
that unfortunate...what conditions did you keep yours in i.e. temperature and exposure to sunlight?

My figures are in a 72degree room with no sun shining on them

well the easy thing to do if that happens is ti get get an iron on emblem from Evilface...that will fix it up just fine me thinks. or we can plead Tony Mei to do a second run of his very accurate Reeve suits

Last edited:
Tony mei did 1/6 reeve suits?

yup...I tried to get him to do a second run but he said the suit is incredibly complicated and time consuming to make therefore it wasn't going to happen. But then again, I'm not a top member with the powers of persuasion to convince him like I've seen some members do with other tailors :lol

I believe this is the one
https://www.facebook.com/dandymei/media_set?set=a.10153935879835035.1073741863.584165034&type=3
10620669_10154532763410035_5761569259970084414_n.jpg

Last edited:
BS if this is true. We keep holding HT up as the gold standard for 1/6 but time and again they are plagued with piss poor QC. I know everyone justifies it by saying nothing lasts forever but damn, it should last longer than five years.

Mine is fine too. I never really handle it much though, just on the flying pose ever since I got him in the detolf.

BS if this is true. We keep holding HT up as the gold standard for 1/6 but time and again they are plagued with piss poor QC. I know everyone justifies it by saying nothing lasts forever but damn, it should last longer than five years.

Yes Its true apparently he had it in the box for 6 months.
I saw the post on Facebook here, https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154184715889289&set=gm.1125946510761988&type=3&theater Then checked mine and mine had started so I sold it. Such a shame as it was my favourite. Oh and mine was the evil supes.

Last edited:
I think the plastic cover damaged it as he had it stored. Probably heated up and ripped. Displayed figures in normal temp rooms should be fine.

Mine is fine also. Not even a hint of this starting to happen and I've had him now for about a year and a half. I've been checking regularly now every time I look at him to see if it's starting to happen at all.

My daughters Sm has been in the cabinet, with no touching since day one. The corners of the emblem are curling up. Think the issue of that is, it was never put on right to begin with.

Back