Hot Toys Mark II worth?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ViperSRT

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm debating trying to sell my original mark II iron man and I was just wondering what a fair price would be? My figure is in mint condition, is complete with working lights and box. The box isn't perfect, but in good condition. I've been poking around on ebay and as usual that really isn't reliable as the only ones on there now are asian scalpers charging 1,000 for it. (I say asian scalpers because they are say Hong Kong) I would like to get a fair price, and am not interested in scalping the figure. And with the Armor unleashed version it may be pointless. This is what I'm interested in your advise.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

I sold mine for $500 or $550 a couple months ago. Sell it soon, price will probably drop after mkII unleashed is released.

only people wanting to collect the entire set of ironman and missed mark 2 will buy them. Most people will just go with the unleashed version, it looks much better.

that's the problem. Go figure the weakest link in my collection has a re release. I'm not sure I should bother now since the other one has destroyed the market for this guy. Then again I have a sneaking suspicion that this will be something that will be a recurring issue as time goes on.

your best bet is to hold on to it for at least another year. Once the Armor Unleashed version becomes a long sold out item, new collectors will consider either version as long as they are available. Right now you're pretty much at the worst case scenario where the AU version can be had at retail and widely available, so no one really wants to spend more than retail for the first version.

Yea. That's what I've been thinking. that's why I figured I'd post here to see what you veterans thought. I haven't sold much so I wasn't sure on a course of action. When I get my new display cases shortly I'm sure I can still find a home for him.

Thanks guys.

your best bet is to hold on to it for at least another year. Once the Armor Unleashed version becomes a long sold out item, new collectors will consider either version as long as they are available. Right now you're pretty much at the worst case scenario where the AU version can be had at retail and widely available, so no one really wants to spend more than retail for the first version.

:exactly: Better Hold On To It, Only Time Will Tell. Who Knows What The New Collectors Will Do, But They'll Definitely Weigh The Prices Of The 2 Iron Man Mark II Figures.

Since the announcement of the AUV the secondary market price plummeted on the Mark 2. They routinely been listed for $250-300 here, and ofc more on Ebay. Picked mine up for $225 and a Mark 3 for $125 :yess:

Better keep it for a while or much better if you don't sell it if you already have the Mark I & Mark III (reg.). Those 3 looks much better judging by the box alone.

I have the Mech Test, mark II, Mark III BD, Mark 4, and WM. I guess I'll just keep it for now. I was just curious.

How much did you originally bought it for?

Try selling at that price perhaps or maybe even a bit lower, at least you are not losing too much money and get to display and enjoy it for quite sometime already.

https://
I have all the suits (I don't care about the Special Project) and I own the IM MVI from SSC Special Edition) I don't sell my Mark II looks really cool with the other ones!! :)

I'm still semi new and backfilling my collection, the original mk 2 became a pass and I went for the AUV, same with the mk 4 since I'll get one with the gantry.

Back